Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

I don't get it is Lordaeron now humanlands or undeadlands now?

Obviously blizz is never gonna delete a capital entirely so with the alliance win there who rules the place? Any resettling of human families there?

I'd imagine it would be under the Alliance's jurisdiction. The highest ranking surviving aristocrat would probably be established as the ruler of the land. Surviving Lordaeron families will start returning home. Gnomish engineers, the Cenarion Circle, and priests of the Light will cleanse the blighted land. As seen in the Before the Storm novel, the Alliance would accept them as Lordaeron citizens... so long as they abide by the laws of the Alliance. So I'd imagine some Forsaken Lordaeron humans will remain in the now Alliance territory.

A fort might be built along the border with Quel'thelas. I'd imagine that as trade begins picking up between Quel'thelas and the rest of the Alliance, that Lordaeron will get on its feet a little quicker, as people will have to pass through Lordaeron. Quel'thelas might also be inclined to pitch in and help rebuild, as it would be in their best interest to maintain good relations with the Alliance (and possibly escape to them if the Horde goes bad... again.).
    Last edited by Val the Moofia Boss; 2021-10-20 at 07:35 AM.

Blizzard doesn't get it either. The status of Lordaeron hasn't been established in official lore. Everything else is speculation and fan fiction.

What we know is that the Alliance won both Arathi and Darkshore warfronts.
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Blizzard do what the players want all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Narwhalosh Whalescream View Post
    Obviously blizz is never gonna delete a capital entirely so with the alliance win there who rules the place? Any resettling of human families there?
    Last i looked it had been recently blighted around the capital, thus it might still be "no man's land" at least there.

But keep in mind that other factions like the scarlets, the scourge (which would be rampant about now), the twilight's hammer in the hills, naga near the shores and the argent dawn to the east all also inhabit or border the place, making it much more of a grand melee rather than just a horde vs. alliance thing.

As others mention we do know that the alliance won the warfronts, so i do expect that the alliance have at least managed to link up their territories up to aerie peak, and may have set their sights on gilneas or even andorhal as well, but we don't know what this means for the cursed lands of Tirisfal (especially given the abominations that still lurk underneath it, evidenced in the legion artefact quests).
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

At the moment no-mans-land until Blizzard decides to revisit the area, which given their track record might be several expansions away.

Logically of course it should be in Alliance hands given the state of affairs when the war ended, and it would be stupid for them to cede such a strategically important foothold to potential enemies.
    BUT knowing both Blizzard and Andiun it seems all but certain it will be returned to the Forsaken: Calia's whole identity as new Queen of the Forsaken is bound to the region and its loss would remain a source of resentment for the Forsaken that would interfere with the happy fun peacetime between the factions that we're all supposed to be embracing now.
    Last edited by Tharivor; 2021-10-20 at 10:09 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Calia Menethil and Lilian Voss will probably end up working to restore it as a home for both the living and the undead, based on the way the story's been going.

You know, it just occurred to me that there will probably be some sequence of events in the Shadowlands that changes the dynamic of undeath somehow. Maybe the Forsaken will be purified of the Maw's power or maybe some of those killed in the Fourth War will be resurrected by as a new "generation" of undead or something.
    Last edited by Kathranis; 2021-10-20 at 10:15 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    I'd imagine it would be under the Alliance's jurisdiction. The highest ranking surviving aristocrat would probably be established as the ruler of the land. Surviving Lordaeron families will start returning home. Gnomish engineers, the Cenarion Circle, and priests of the Light will cleanse the blighted land. As seen in the Before the Storm novel, the Alliance would accept them as Lordaeron citizens... so long as they abide by the laws of the Alliance. So I'd imagine some Forsaken Lordaeron humans will remain in the now Alliance territory.

A fort might be built along the border with Quel'thelas. I'd imagine that as trade begins picking up between Quel'thelas and the rest of the Alliance, that Lordaeron will get on its feet a little quicker, as people will have to pass through Lordaeron. Quel'thelas might also be inclined to pitch in and help rebuild, as it would be in their best interest to maintain good relations with the Alliance (and possibly escape to them if the Horde goes bad... again.).
    There are no Lordareonian aristocrats left alive. They're all either dead or Forsaken.

10+ Year Old Account
    Isn't Turalyon officially a aristocrat though?

Also, we have that Alliance human that fought with his Horde Forsaken brother over the deeds to some of their lands!

10+ Year Old Account
    Most Lordaeron citizens died and were forced to rez as undead against their will, but the holy of holiest alliance never saw any weak race has any right so they try to claim Lordaeron using the extreme minority left of actual living citizens, ignoring the overwhelming majority who are undead because who cares
    tldr: It should be undead
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post

Lordaeron is either entirely or mostly in Forsaken hands. At least according to the quests when we go there with Calia.

Also as far as i understand Alliance didnt even capitalised on taking down Undercity since all its forces withdrew and were redeployed later at Arathi.

Pretty much the state of the world stays as it was last time used. example all the zones reworked in cata or quelthalas

If Lordaeron turns Alliance, the law of faction equity would require that elven lands turn Horde. And I don't see that happening, especially with what we know from the next book of exploration.

By the way what did Flynn XoXo Fairwind have to say about Lordaeron in the Eastern realm book ?

Quote Originally Posted by DatToffer View Post
    By the way what did Flynn XoXo Fairwind have to say about Lordaeron in the Eastern realm book ?
    Per the excerpts from the book it's under Forsaken control, the Undercity is just plagued. As you might expect given that the Alliance didn't take any territory during the scenario itself.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    Per the excerpts from the book it's under Forsaken control, the Undercity is just plagued. As you might expect given that the Alliance didn't take any territory during the scenario itself.
    Kind of. From the excerpt, Tirisfal Glades is under Forsaken control, but Lordaeron itself is never expanded upon. It can be presumed that the Forsaken have Undercity as well, though even there it's debatable as the Undercity is uninhabitable & Tirisfal Glades is a bit of a smoldering pile of ruin.

This is IMO partially why I suspect we're looking at more faction war to come in 10.0. Uncertainty over things like the Undercity combined with Turalyon's quote about "other holdings of the old Alliance that could be secured" make me think the plan is for Turalyon to try to rebuild the seven kingdoms by force.

WPL and EPL seem to be on their way towards Argent control, just the remnants of the Scourge seem to be really hard to wipe out for some reason. Forsaken do hold some presence in WPL, but their domain is mostly Hillsbrad, Silverpine and Tirisfal (yes, still). Undercity is unusable, but the rest of the land is still good and wasn't manned by Alliance after their invasion. Arathi and Aerie Peak remain the notable Alliance holds in northern EK.

I haven't read the book about EK, but I doubt there's much to contradict what I stated here. From the look of things it seems we're getting incremental updates to the Old World, in the form of scenarios like the Battle for Lordaeron or weird gimmick modes like Arathi Warfront. If we presume Undercity will eventually be cleansed by the Forsaken then the former did essentially nothing (Sylvanas's exit impacts it more tbh), but the latter at least solidified Alliance presence in the realm, as Arathi was previously mostly in Horde use. Though even with Danath in Stromgarde I doubt we'll see much more to be done with the place. At least Thoradin's Wall being set up to protect against enemies coming from Arathi makes sense now.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by AngerFork View Post
    Kind of. From the excerpt, Tirisfal Glades is under Forsaken control, but Lordaeron itself is never expanded upon. It can be presumed that the Forsaken have Undercity as well, though even there it's debatable as the Undercity is uninhabitable & Tirisfal Glades is a bit of a smoldering pile of ruin.

This is IMO partially why I suspect we're looking at more faction war to come in 10.0. Uncertainty over things like the Undercity combined with Turalyon's quote about "other holdings of the old Alliance that could be secured" make me think the plan is for Turalyon to try to rebuild the seven kingdoms by force.
    There's other bits re: Lordaeron. The Alliance has regained Southshore and I think there's parts of Silverpine that are ambiguous. Gilneas still has no canon state, so it's still either plagued, occupied by Forsaken or empty depending on preference. Stromgarde and the non-Hammerfall parts of Arathi are also Alliance so in general there's a swing in favour of the Alliance as compared to pre-BFA.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

There's other bits re: Lordaeron. The Alliance has regained Southshore and I think there's parts of Silverpine that are ambiguous. Gilneas still has no canon state, so it's still either plagued, occupied by Forsaken or empty depending on preference. Stromgarde and the non-Hammerfall parts of Arathi are also Alliance so in general there's a swing in favour of the Alliance as compared to pre-BFA.
    Oh, looks like I was wrong then. From the Wartable I knew there was fighting in various parts of northern EK, but I didn't know Alliance had actually retaken Southshore and that even parts of Silverpine are up in the air rather than firmly in Forsaken hands. With the Forsaken having lost both Undercity and their revered Queen now would be the time for Alliance to march on Lordaeron, but guess the armistice is too precious for Anduin.. ..who is indisposed atm. Yeah, I'm beginning to lean towards an upcoming Turalyon-led faction conflict too. Hopefully one that leads to real repercussions this time.

Alliance has retaken Southsore and Stromgarde, but they still won't state on Gilneas. Damn !

Quote Originally Posted by Zuben View Post
    Oh, looks like I was wrong then. From the Wartable I knew there was fighting in various parts of northern EK, but I didn't know Alliance had actually retaken Southshore and that even parts of Silverpine are up in the air rather than firmly in Forsaken hands. With the Forsaken having lost both Undercity and their revered Queen now would be the time for Alliance to march on Lordaeron, but guess the armistice is too precious for Anduin.. ..who is indisposed atm. Yeah, I'm beginning to lean towards an upcoming Turalyon-led faction conflict too. Hopefully one that leads to real repercussions this time.
    A Turalyon reconquista with Danath and the like would have been as good a pick for the start of a conflict as it would have been for BFA which is the same reason I sincerely doubt it'll happen.

I'd ignore the war table for the most part, as outside of bringing back NPCs confirmed dead in Cataclysm teh game itself contradicted big parts of it, such as there being conflict in Darkshore in 8.0, whereas the premise of 8.1 is that Darkshore has been under firm Horde control until Tyrande returns. This book and the upcoming Kalimdor one will be the decisive takes.

@DatToffer

Eternally in limbo.

A Turalyon reconquista with Danath and the like would have been as good a pick for the start of a conflict as it would have been for BFA which is the same reason I sincerely doubt it'll happen.
    I mean, they even had the Vindicaar thematically connected to Turalyon, so Lordaeron getting blitzkrieg'd would've been a sound War of Thorns.