Poll: Are you coming back to End of Dragons?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Heh, I have this happen every now and again. But I always run out of things I "want to do" and fall off. I've got TONS to do, but nothing I really "want to do" like working on a legendary or something. But I always run into some kind of wall (last time was a champion event I needed for a meta achieve that I couldn't find anyone to help with for a few days) and end up falling off again. Hoping EoD brings a lot more stuff that actually interests me, or finds a way get over whatever this hill is that's making it harder to stick with the game.
    I've yet to reach that - only real thing is that my thief is super squishy (or i am super bad) and i just think some fights are just full of useless and unpredictable oneshots (unavoidable stun - all mobs gangbang you combo) but for the most part i am really liking the story and doing the zones. A lot of stuff is also made really easier once you unlock a flying mount.

All in all, the best part is exactly that if i don't want to do something, i simply can not do it and i don't feel i'm losing anything. Which is really rare nowadays. And i love this.

Just started my journey for the legendary rifle.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

I had the most fun in GW2 when I was out in the world and could run around and do events and map objectives with random players. The last few times I logged in though I just felt overwhelmed and out of the loop so I didn't know where to go, I didn't know what to throw away from my full bags, etc. I think it would be cool if they did a nice onramp thing for returning players.

I'm an active player so it's not really 'coming back' if you just keep playing (and i will). I have to admit that i'm not very excited about it other than having new stuff to do... i would even say that i'm more curious than hyped, mostly because one of the little things i love about Gw2 is being able to revisit places i knew from Gw1 and being able to recognize certain details like names or buildings, Cantha is full of that, so just for the sake of watching how it evolved i'm more than happy to play through it.

About not being hyped it's really simple, at least for me: the expansion isn't really adding any game changing mechanic. HoT had gliding, PoF had mounts... a turtle, fishing and a boat won't change how we experience the world as any of the previous expansions did, they are cool additions, but not the kind of additions that sell an expansion.

Another problem for me is the lack of interesting instanced content. It remains to be seen how the new strikes work, specially the CM, and how good the reward is but i have my doubts about strikes being the only way to introduce instanced pve content for the expansion. I am of the opinion that they should take a look into all forms of instanced content, fix some issues and really keep using the 4 concepts they have right now instead of moving the focus to a new system every few years.

And i have one fear and i really hope to be wrong about this one, but if Dragonstorm and the revisit to the Marionette has shown us something is that they can have those big meta events working as an instance instead of open world content. If they keep exploring that route, to me it would kill the best part that this game has to offer: the best open world content. But as
    "Mastery Haste will fix it."

We need more Canach in Cantha

came back to play path of fire. after struggling with fucking story missions? I'm simply reminded that this game hasn't been for me since heart of thorns and path of fire did NOT change that.

yes, I'm complaining that I'm such a baddy that its too hard for me. so no. HELL no. I don't know why I thought it would be different after hating path of fire in beta.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    came back to play path of fire. after struggling with fucking story missions? I'm simply reminded that this game hasn't been for me since heart of thorns and path of fire did NOT change that.

yes, I'm complaining that I'm such a baddy that its too hard for me. so no. HELL no. I don't know why I thought it would be different after hating path of fire in beta.
    Are you following any builds? Because having garbage gear really does matter and can make everything infinitely more difficult than it should be. PoF is way, way more forgiving than HoT was (also, no fucking pocket raptors) IMO, so if you get a proper build going you should be alright.

Are you following any builds? Because having garbage gear really does matter and can make everything infinitely more difficult than it should be. PoF is way, way more forgiving than HoT was (also, no fucking pocket raptors) IMO, so if you get a proper build going you should be alright.
    Class also matters a lot, some are way easier then others. From what i remember warrior and necro are probably the most forgiving for low effort content thief on the other hand is rough if you don't know what you are doing.

Quote Originally Posted by dlld View Post
    Class also matters a lot, some are way easier then others. From what i remember warrior and necro are probably the most forgiving for low effort content thief on the other hand is rough if you don't know what you are doing.
    Ye. Some of the elite specs make some of the casters less squishy, but from what I know mes/ele are generally fairly squishy, especially their core specs. Then you get stuff like reaper which turn necro ridiculously tanky. Guardian feels super forgiving overall, even aside from having a ton of build options available to them. It's one of the reasons I've stuck with it so long, even my damage setups have a fair amount of defensive utility in them to keep me from being squishy.

Do we have a formal release date yet? I can't find anything beyond February lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Selah View Post
    Do we have a formal release date yet? I can't find anything beyond February lol.
    Nope, probably won't for a bit, too. Given the already announced delay was just for "Feb" I imagine they've got a lot going on and are waiting until they've got more confidence before announcing a date (or another delay).

Nope, probably won't for a bit, too. Given the already announced delay was just for "Feb" I imagine they've got a lot going on and are waiting until they've got more confidence before announcing a date (or another delay).
    Amazon has EoD listed for being avaliable to play on 28th feb, unsure whether that's just them being safe

tried several open world builds from this https://metabattle.com/wiki/Ranger my gear is not great, its a mix of yellows and exotic, not fully optimized, cause I don't have the gold to get optimized and I don't have expansion pets yet, only base game ones. I ONLY solo, no pvp, no fractals etc. the mission that basically made me rage quit was night of fires. getting through trash packs was annoying enough but then... boss showed up. he summons way too much trash faster then I can deal with so i can't even chip away at the health at this point, i just keep getting overwhelmed by reinforcements. judging by the fact that I was able to find multiple threads by multiple people having issues with that very same boss (and previous mission where you have to blow up the cannons, for much the same reason of being overwhelmed by too many mobs) - I'm not the only one who had issues. apparently even chat within the game was understanding with those particular problems.

multiple packs of trash with mobs that cc me AND mobs that stop dropping AoE at the same pace as she can move (and i can NOT rolly polly in GW2 the way I can in ESO - seems like 2 rolls in a row, maybe and you are done, have to recharge.) = dead ranger. because if that AoE hits me for more then one tick - between it and attacking mobs? I'm done for. meanwhile boss keeps summoning even MORE trash. at one point I died as soon as I respawned at the checkpoint because there were so many of them, they literally spawn camped me.

I should not have to be optimized to the gills to be able to do INSTANCED STORY missions (yeah yeah, I don't need ascended gear, but have you seen prices for optimized exotics?) and that there is so much disparity between class capabilities when it comes to soloing is bad design. IMO. the fact that game expects me to min max both my class AND my gear to do STORY, makes it not for me.

Sounds about right. Oh well, I'd rather have a good expansion over a rushed one.

Appreciate it!

Quote Originally Posted by dlld View Post
    The most frustrating thing as mesmer is that it's sometimes very dependant on some hidden setting. Literally sometimes my clones hold enemies, other times the enemies will ignore the clones and chase me around, regardless of what I've done. Same with some of these quests that seemed geared based on some idea that the NPC heroes will be useful, and then they'll just stand around in the background while an entire army chases me.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

tried several open world builds from this https://metabattle.com/wiki/Ranger my gear is not great, its a mix of yellows and exotic, not fully optimized, cause I don't have the gold to get optimized and I don't have expansion pets yet, only base game ones. I ONLY solo, no pvp, no fractals etc. the mission that basically made me rage quit was night of fires. getting through trash packs was annoying enough but then... boss showed up. he summons way too much trash faster then I can deal with so i can't even chip away at the health at this point, i just keep getting overwhelmed by reinforcements. judging by the fact that I was able to find multiple threads by multiple people having issues with that very same boss (and previous mission where you have to blow up the cannons, for much the same reason of being overwhelmed by too many mobs) - I'm not the only one who had issues. apparently even chat within the game was understanding with those particular problems.

multiple packs of trash with mobs that cc me AND mobs that stop dropping AoE at the same pace as she can move (and i can NOT rolly polly in GW2 the way I can in ESO - seems like 2 rolls in a row, maybe and you are done, have to recharge.) = dead ranger. because if that AoE hits me for more then one tick - between it and attacking mobs? I'm done for. meanwhile boss keeps summoning even MORE trash. at one point I died as soon as I respawned at the checkpoint because there were so many of them, they literally spawn camped me.

I should not have to be optimized to the gills to be able to do INSTANCED STORY missions (yeah yeah, I don't need ascended gear, but have you seen prices for optimized exotics?) and that there is so much disparity between class capabilities when it comes to soloing is bad design. IMO. the fact that game expects me to min max both my class AND my gear to do STORY, makes it not for me.
    The game's combat has some quirks that some people definitely have trouble adapting too, but standing on the other side I always find it odd hearing about the game being too difficult. Story instances and open world content tend to be viewed as face-roll, a sentiment I agree with to the point of being bored with them. Though there are some outliers such as the mission you mentioned, you shouldn't need to pro min-max your build to be able to complete them. I re-did that mission just now and I can see why you'd find the boss difficult.

You really should have full exotic gear though, I'm sure that's not helping your situation. You can get 2g a day from dailies, and running map metas is pretty profitable if you sell the drops. Full exotic berserker armor should only run you 3 or 4 g. Another 3 or 4g for both weapon sets. And 10g or so for all your jewelry. You can pick up 6 cheap runes to go with it.
    That's not to mentioned the easy ascended jewelry you can get from some map currencies, such as the winterberry farm in Bitterfrost Frontier.
    If you're doing pure-story missions you're probably short on gold right now, but the 20 or so gold you need to buy a full set of exotic gear can be gained in a couple evenings of open world play. Provided you're doing meta events on active maps.
    You should have been max level for a while by the time you're doing PoF content, so you're at a point in the game where you really should invest in decent gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Arewn View Post
    The game's combat has some quirks that some people definitely have trouble adapting too, but standing on the other side I always find it odd hearing about the game being too difficult. Story instances and open world content tend to be viewed as face-roll, a sentiment I agree with to the point of being bored with them. Though there are some outliers such as the mission you mentioned, you shouldn't need to pro min-max your build to be able to complete them. I re-did that mission just now and I can see why you'd find the boss difficult.

You really should have full exotic gear though, I'm sure that's not helping your situation. You can get 2g a day from dailies, and running map metas is pretty profitable if you sell the drops. Full exotic berserker armor should only run you 3 or 4 g. Another 3 or 4g for both weapon sets. And 10g or so for all your jewelry. You can pick up 6 cheap runes to go with it.
    That's not to mentioned the easy ascended jewelry you can get from some map currencies, such as the winterberry farm in Bitterfrost Frontier.
    If you're doing pure-story missions you're probably short on gold right now, but the 20 or so gold you need to buy a full set of exotic gear can be gained in a couple evenings of open world play. Provided you're doing meta events on active maps.
    You should have been max level for a while by the time you're doing PoF content, so you're at a point in the game where you really should invest in decent gear.
    when was the last time you checked the prices? cause I hopped in on SO's PC and berserker exotic armor is 6-9 gold per individual piece NOT entire set. with 6 gold being the helm. yellow berserker is what I'm wearing right now and that's obviously not enough. berserker exotic long bow is.... 60 gold.

the amount of grinding I'd have to do JUST to get to the story is, honestly? not my cup of tea. and that STILL doesn't guarantee I would be able to get through that mission on my own.

and that's the thing, I mentioned it in ESO thread rather then GW2, but... the skill gap or gear gap or whatever in GW2 is almost as bad as the one in ESO. because 2 people from zone chat who joined me to help me with the previous mission? were absolutely facerolling their way through anything that came across them. so yeah, for some people overland is easy. but... not for everyone, not in GW2. at least not in expansion content.

and listen. obviously this works for people and that's great. I'm NOT one of those people, sadly not anymore. game used to be a LOT more casual friendly. original, especially earlier zones are STILL casual friendly. but expansions? are not. so... you can see why I would NOT be looking forward to yet another expansion I won't be able to play through.
    Last edited by Witchblade77; 2022-01-07 at 03:13 AM.

when was the last time you checked the prices? cause I hopped in on SO's PC and berserker exotic armor is 6-9 gold per individual piece NOT entire set. with 6 gold being the helm. yellow berserker is what I'm wearing right now and that's obviously not enough. berserker exotic long bow is.... 60 gold.

the amount of grinding I'd have to do JUST to get to the story is, honestly? not my cup of tea. and that STILL doesn't guarantee I would be able to get through that mission on my own.

and that's the thing, I mentioned it in ESO thread rather then GW2, but... the skill gap or gear gap or whatever in GW2 is almost as bad as the one in ESO. because 2 people from zone chat who joined me to help me with the previous mission? were absolutely facerolling their way through anything that came across them. so yeah, for some people overland is easy. but... not for everyone, not in GW2. at least not in expansion content.

and listen. obviously this works for people and that's great. I'm NOT one of those people, sadly not anymore. game used to be a LOT more casual friendly. original, especially earlier zones are STILL casual friendly. but expansions? are not. so... you can see why I would NOT be looking forward to yet another expansion I won't be able to play through.
    Before my first reply, I logged on to GW2 to check prices and do a quick run of Night of Fires (just to make sure I was remembering right).

Gear's much cheaper then what you just mentioned, I think you just need to refine your search. When you search the trading post, there's a gear icon next to the search bar. You can use that to set filters. Then when you've set your filters, click 'price' to sort cheapest to most expensive. There are named exotics that are relatively common drops, so they sell for a lot cheaper on the TP.

You mentioned ranger and longbow, so I assume you would want medium armor with Berserker stats (Power, Precision, Ferocity, these are the main dps stats for a longbow ranger). Which is the "Nika" exotic armor set (e.g. Nika's Mask, Nika's Coat, etc). They're around 80silver a piece. So I was a bit off, it's actually around 5gold for all 6 pieces if you're buying immediately. If you put in buy orders though you can get them for about 30-40% cheaper.
    I also see "Eir's Longbow" which is an exotic longbow for 66s right now. There's also a crafted longbow on the TP (Berserker's Pearl Stinger) for 3gold 25silver.
    There's a pretty good variety of exotic Runes for your armor for under 10silver each as well.

Gearing definitely seems to be a big part of what held your performance back. The game is honestly still very casual friendly, you just need to gear up a bit. And the great thing is, it's pretty cheap to get exotics if you know what to look for, and the level cap never increases so your gear will be good forever.

Though I understand if you simply feel burnt by the game and have no interest in trying it again.

Quote Originally Posted by Arewn View Post
    Before my first reply, I logged on to GW2 to check prices and do a quick run of Night of Fires (just to make sure I was remembering right).

Gear's much cheaper then what you just mentioned, I think you just need to refine your search. When you search the trading post, there's a gear icon next to the search bar. You can use that to set filters. Then when you've set your filters, click 'price' to sort cheapest to most expensive. There are named exotics that are relatively common drops, so they sell for a lot cheaper on the TP.

You mentioned ranger and longbow, so I assume you would want medium armor with Berserker stats (Power, Precision, Ferocity, these are the main dps stats for a longbow ranger). Which is the "Nika" exotic armor set (e.g. Nika's Mask, Nika's Coat, etc). They're around 80silver a piece. So I was a bit off, it's actually around 5gold for all 6 pieces if you're buying immediately. If you put in buy orders though you can get them for about 30-40% cheaper.
    I also see "Eir's Longbow" which is an exotic longbow for 66s right now. There's also a crafted longbow on the TP (Berserker's Pearl Stinger) for 3gold 25silver.
    There's a pretty good variety of exotic Runes for your armor for under 10silver each as well.

Gearing definitely seems to be a big part of what held your performance back. The game is honestly still very casual friendly, you just need to gear up a bit. And the great thing is, it's pretty cheap to get exotics if you know what to look for, and the level cap never increases so your gear will be good forever.

Though I understand if you simply feel burnt by the game and have no interest in trying it again.
    that icon is what I used to specify power/precision/ferocity and then lvl 80 only. I saw assassins' and berserker once I got to exotic, but none of the pieces you mentioned. could selection vary by server? I haven't seen any exotic runes for cheap at all.

I don't think its just gear though. one of my issues is getting overwhelmed by mobs where one of them runs me over and knocks me down and I do NOT see the telegraph for it at all and the other mobs starts placing AoE rapidly on the ground that follows you, small red circles and they drop as quickly as I do, so if I'm stunned or wasn't moving when the mob started doing AoE? I'm generally pretty dead very quickly. and speaking of casual friendly. dailies reward 2 gold? one of the things I really wanted from path of fire is flying mount. and not only that is lengthy collections gathering, but its also 250 gold outright. I just don't see how I could possibly get that much gold in any decent amount of time without buying gems. if you mean casual friendly in that you can just throw rl cash at it?

I appreciate suggestions I really do, but I have a feeling that your definition and my definition of casual friendly are VERY different. timings in expansion content are unforgiving. gearing deviations are unforgiving. dying is damn easy and because apparently crystal desert has only 3 waypoints that are pretty far apart - dying out on a world either means lengthy travel or.... spending MORE cash on orbs of resurrection. and dying... is all too easy on far too many classes. that is NOT a casual friendly game to me. I spent two hours this morning trying to do that one story mission and couldn't finish it. one story mission. 2 hours.

Just my 2 cents - go marauder. You're losing out 10% of offensive stats for like 60% more hp. Definitely helps with squishiness (i play deadeye). Should also be cheaper.

Also, it depends a lot on maps - some of them like the Entaglement or Draconis Mons are just horrible to play in.

Last but not least, class matters a lot. Revenant is insane in its solo capabilities. The toolkit provided is just so much apt for general open world/story stuff.

Edit: i have around 100g right now, i don't farm or anything. Didn't buy anything from TP aswell, and most of my gear is exotic/ascended (i need a pair of exotic pants). Hell amulet/rings i just bought for laurels i had laying around passively.

Edit2: just checked by chance, in verdant brink if you have trained the frog vendor mastery, you can buy a full set of exotic gear for 500gear+1g (so 2500 gears+5G) and you can select the stats on those so much easier to farm. Just stick there and do events till yiu have enough currency.
    Last edited by Coldkil; 2022-01-07 at 07:11 AM.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by Dranetg View Post
    Amazon has EoD listed for being avaliable to play on 28th feb, unsure whether that's just them being safe
    Placeholder date, especially given it's the final day of the month.