Poll: Are you coming back to End of Dragons?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Herald of the Titans Lotus Victoria's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account

Lightbulb Are you coming back for End Of Dragons?

Greetings, my fellow champions! Long time no see! Used to be quite active around this forum back in the day, but oh well. Time goes on!

So, I have a question for you today: Are you planning on coming back to play End of Dragons? So far, we've seen some glimpses of the new classes, and the scenary of the new expansion looks really pretty (ANET art department deserves a raise everytime they release something new).

I was waiting for the Thief specialization reveal, and I'm quite underwhelmed so far, to be honest. It seems Thief is getting some kind of offensive/supportive role with barriers and stuff, which is all fun and games in my book, but...so far, the animations looked kinda lame, not gonna lie.

Daredevil is still the most fun class I've ever played in a 3D MMORPG - by a long shot - and one of the reasons Path of Fire didn't score high in my book was the fact that Deadeye is boring as fuck to play!

From Thief - one of the most mobile classes in the game - to Daredevil - the most agile class in the game - to Deadeye, a class where you sit in one place and shoot people from afar. Scepter isn't looking so hot so far, and I hope to be wrong.

So, are you coming back?

No. It’s a reskin. Recycled assets, recycled animations, reused everything.

I will come back and try the game for real when one or more expansions become free so there's content to do.

Gameplay customization in pvp? Yes thank you very much.
    Ill be back.

Probably. I was hype at the announcement, but my excitement has dwindled over time. I'm waiting for the rest of the info to see if it alters my opinion.

Will likely get it either way even if there's nothing super exciting for me, I dig the game anyways even if I don't play too much lately.

Dubious. Bladesworn looks cool... and that's it.

Cantha won't live up to the expectations. People didn't love Cantha because it was an Asian setting. Tons of games have Asian settings. It's about the atmosphere. In GW1, you weren't exploring Asia. You were exploring a declining China as it was being wrecked by a zombie plague. You trudged through sewer cities where the people were coughing their guts out as Jeremy's Soule melancholic music played. You told mothers that you had allowed their sons to die for nothing. You picked a side in a blood feud between two different clans. You were roped into being the pawns of the gods' scheming.

GW2's Cantha won't be that. GW2 has never been that. GW2 is a generic bright heroic fantasy. EoD's Cantha won't have a strong flavor like GW1's. GW2's Cantha will just be yet another generic fantasy asia but with GW1 names plastered on it. Maybe some GW2 players might be okay with that, but I'd imagine most people will be puzzled and think "this is what all of the hype was for?". That isn't to say that I dislike bright asian fantasy settings. I loved Pandaria, after all. But GW2's Cantha just isn't going to have a strong, memorable feel like GW1's.

Story wise, EoD looks to be very boring. We're probably going to barge into Cantha, force it to reopen and accept outsiders like the blind Matthew Perry idiots we are, yadda yadda. I don't care about any characters in this game except Rytlock, Canach, and Ryland (RIP). And I guess maybe Aurene a tad bit. Couldn't care less about anyone else.

The only thing I'm expecting from EoD to be good are the setpieces. I wonder what the Deep Sea Dragon's gimmick will be. Maybe it isn't actually one creature, but a massive school of fish swimming formation to look like a dragon? IDK.

Otherwise, EoD just doesn't have anything else going for it. No interesting game mechanics like mounts, probably won't have the vertical map design like HoT's, and so on. The only other notable thing about EoD is that this will likely be GW2's swan song, given how Anet couldn't have cared less about the franchise over the past several years and kept trying to jump ship to other projects.

Maybe? I don't know, I have such a hard time getting into GW2. I've finished the story and all that but I just don't enjoy it as much as I wish I could. I'm not really sure what my hang up is with the game because they do so much stuff right.

Yes, if just to play the story and get map completion.

Now that I'm OFF WoW and got back to this game after 8 years, sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Selah View Post
    Maybe? I don't know, I have such a hard time getting into GW2. I've finished the story and all that but I just don't enjoy it as much as I wish I could. I'm not really sure what my hang up is with the game because they do so much stuff right.
    Yeah, this sums up my feelings... as well as having less time lately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    No fucking way. The worst idea since democracy.

Ill come back as most of my characters are now 8 years old so Ill be able to level them all to max level with the click of the button then Ill go to the trading post and buy the 2nd-3rd best gear in the game play for a week or so and then not touch the game again for a few more years.

It's something new, I'll definitely be checking it out. I'm a fan of the game overall, but I still haven't found my favorite class yet. I play a Minion Reaper only because it's so durable. The game play is not my favorite, but of the classes I've played it's one of the few that can survive on it's own for a lot of stuff.

I'm not nearly as hyped about the elite specializations though, simply because I think the process of unlocking them is ass. I hate how accessing them is locked behind Hero Point acquisition, which is a hit or miss prospect depending on what class you're playing, if there's a group working on them, etc... so you never if/when you'll be able to get all the points you need to unlock the specialization you want to play so the act of unlocking turns into a chore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Slowly playing through all the Return content now.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Probably. I enjoy GW2 for a few weeks when a new expansion drops. Ill pick this one up for sure at some point, perhaps not launch day though depending on what else comes out around the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post

Otherwise, EoD just doesn't have anything else going for it. No interesting game mechanics like mounts, probably won't have the vertical map design like HoT's, and so on. The only other notable thing about EoD is that this will likely be GW2's swan song, given how Anet couldn't have cared less about the franchise over the past several years and kept trying to jump ship to other projects.
    You know they rehired old Gw people and are reinvesting in it, right? Since they failed to launch anything else they know they are tied to the GW name.
    A better way to think about Casual v Hardcore: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...asual-Hardcore

I actually fell in love woth the game recently, even if i had the vase game from launch. I am having lots of fun, so i bought EoD aswell.

As a casual/single pamyer game in a persistent world is really good to me. Especially since i can jump on and off whenever i want. I plan to lat Lost Ark, so very likely i'll get to GW2 later on
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Nah, I loved the base game but I haven't found any of their gameplay decisions since then enjoyable at all. Hot was a misery and I find the mount system tedious at best.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

I bought the expansion. I don't know if I will. The more I see of the expansion the more disinterested I become.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its worth looking into. I wouldn't call it the best experience out there but the game has merit to it.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    I actually fell in love woth the game recently, even if i had the vase game from launch. I am having lots of fun, so i bought EoD aswell.

As a casual/single pamyer game in a persistent world is really good to me. Especially since i can jump on and off whenever i want. I plan to lat Lost Ark, so very likely i'll get to GW2 later on
    Heh, I have this happen every now and again. But I always run out of things I "want to do" and fall off. I've got TONS to do, but nothing I really "want to do" like working on a legendary or something. But I always run into some kind of wall (last time was a champion event I needed for a meta achieve that I couldn't find anyone to help with for a few days) and end up falling off again. Hoping EoD brings a lot more stuff that actually interests me, or finds a way get over whatever this hill is that's making it harder to stick with the game.