Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Futurama Revived for a 20 Episodes on Hulu

Good news, everyone!

Futurama’ Revived at Hulu
    Original creators Matt Groening and David X. Cohen will return alongside voice stars Billy West and Katey Sagal, among others.

Mixed feelings on this. They really nailed the ending, but ...

Looking forward to it! Love Fry, Bender and Leela! One of my favorite episodes period, across all animated sitcoms to this day is Jurassic Bark.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    ... is Jurassic Bark.
    My dog of 17 years recently passed away...

That ending is so good and really concludes the series.

While I welcome there being more Futurama, I'm not sure about how I feel about this news. It's not something I was ever expecting, and I've very much moved on emotionally from it.

we already had two endings, both quite good, it was ok if they stopped there
    hope they won't make a mess

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Milchshake View Post
    Good news, everyone!

Futurama’ Revived at Hulu
    Original creators Matt Groening and David X. Cohen will return alongside voice stars Billy West and Katey Sagal, among others.

Mixed feelings on this. They really nailed the ending, but ...

Yeah, same. They nailed ending, although most of last season was really, really bad. But who knows, maybe they have some fresh ideas after 10 years.

I assumed these episodes could be from adventures had before the "ending"...

Quote Originally Posted by AstroPup View Post
    I kinda wish people would just let things go. I can't really think of one show/movie that's been revived and actually been good or doesn't just shit on whatever ending it previously had. :/
    Animaniacs reboot was awesome.

Futurama is one of my favorite shows, but I'm afraid to see it back at risk of becoming terrible. The later seasons were already pretty bad (the last 2 episodes were phenominal though). Rarely have shows come back from the dead and manage to hold its quality. The closest thing we got from Futurama as of late is a crossover episode they did with The Simpsons which was decent despite some pacing issues. John DiMaggio who voiced Bender is not currently attached to return and it would be a huge shame if he got recast.

As long as Barbados Slim is in it I will be happy.

7+ Year Old Account
    I'll get it if it's released on DVD. I don't do streaming services. And...yeah, if John MiMaggio doesn't return then this is DOA. You can't have Futurama without Bender.

If the episodes are good, everyone is happy.
    If the episodes suck, I'll watch them once and forget about them. No harm no foul. This show isn't particularly story driven to the point where they could retroactively ruin the rest of the series. No one who likes Futurama should have an issue with this lol

Honestly, the ending was more depressing in that it promised they were going to be stuck in an infinite time loop forever and never know it.
    Last edited by Very Tired; 2022-02-09 at 11:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post

- - - Updated - - -

My dog of 17 years recently passed away...
    Sorry for your loss. That's why that episode hits so close to home. I've had 3 dogs I loved pass away in my lifetime since I was a kid. None of them lived longer than 5 years old but it hurt every time.

Sorry for your loss. That's why that episode hits so close to home. I've had 3 dogs I loved pass away in my lifetime since I was a kid. None of them lived longer than 5 years old but it hurt every time.
    I know they arent as fluffy but consider a tortoise if you want a friend for life,and your kids lives lol

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    As long as Phil LaMarr and Maurice LaMarche are reprising their roles, I'm all in.

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    I know they arent as fluffy but consider a tortoise if you want a friend for life,and your kids lives lol
    They're not fluffy but they're still cute in their own way. I've just never had a non-mammal pet. Only dogs and cats, but I would consider it. Plus, naming one would be fun and easy, what with TMNT.

The ending of futurama was perfect not sure how you go about doing a revive of that situation.

They're not fluffy but they're still cute in their own way. I've just never had a non-mammal pet. Only dogs and cats, but I would consider it. Plus, naming one would be fun and easy, what with TMNT.
    If you ever plan on getting one make sure you research em however,they are pretty high maintanance,a snake or parrot would be better and easier to care for,they live longer than cats and dogs and are easier to care for,but ofc still wont live nearly as long as you may want

15+ Year Old Account
    This is honestly the best news I've heard so far in 2022!
    Here is something to believe in!