Poll: Was Aggra a good or interesting character?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    At this point, she's better than Shadowlands Draka, because she didn't just have a scenario where Thrall went crying to her like a baby, and then she coddled him like a mommy going "nothing was your fault".

Quote Originally Posted by Skirdus View Post
    Jesus christ man, what even happened to Gorgonna?
    She kicked her sister's ass (Krenna had it coming), and we never heard from her again.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    qft.

MoP was prolly the BEST expansion every for how it developed tertiary characters that weren't faction leaders.

shame most people got an ook for a head and only remember the Kung Fu panda and monkey people
    Hey, I love dem Pandas and those silly monkeys. Actually, the whole Horde questing in Pandaria is great, especially the Jade Forest... I miss not having played MoP when it was current
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Skirdus View Post
    Jesus christ man, what even happened to Gorgonna?
    It seemed she was going to appear in Skyhold, but didn't make it to live.

We haven't gotten any significant characterization in-game so I didn't think of it much. Didn't even show up in his Nagrand cutscene, or clarify whether they're still living there or moved back with him to Orgrimmar.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

10+ Year Old Account
    She was awful. I’m a huge thrall fan and I actually hoped he would at least try dating Jains. Instead she comes around out of no where and is just the drizzling shits.

Honestly Blizz never did write female orc characters well. The only one I liked was the one who was the final boss of UBRS in WoD and I can’t even remember her name.

Quote Originally Posted by Beet View Post
    I’m a huge thrall fan and I actually hoped he would at least try dating Jains.
    Watch out. Imply that you 'shipped it, and you'll get accused of "crying over" it sinking. (I'm not sure when I started disliking Thrall, but it was not directly about Aggra; she was just roughly concurrent with him turning into a giant thundering Mike Sierra.)

Honestly Blizz never did write female orc characters well. The only one I liked was the one who was the final boss of UBRS in WoD and I can’t even remember her name.
    Zaela. What a waste of a character.

As far as I'm concerned? Gorgonna got a good start and went nowhere. Draka could have been elaborated further in WoD, but nooooo. Geya'rah is an interesting basic idea with iffy handling. Hell, even Aggra could have not sucked given decent writing; instead, she's basically some "Stacy" caricature who starts out acting like she's too good for the guy, then falls for him anyway despite being right about that (sorry; I know you still like Thrall; I do not).

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Accomplished nothing, added nothing, just a random NPC that took you through a portal and did less than almost all of the other random Shaman NPCs there which is saying something.

The whole thing with her being Thrall's wife and mother to his son kinda...went nowhere at all. No big payoff, no progress, just forced and empty like 90% of WoW's in-game relationships when they're a major plot point. The only times there's any real family or romantic development is when it's minor and to the side. Everything else is stilted and sucks.
    Paladin Bash has spoken.

No, she exists solely because Metzen disliked hooking up Thrall and Jaina. There's characters you can only describe in their role in the plot because they have no other traits, but Aggra's a step further because she has no role in the plot either except making Thrall some kids that he can then neglect.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

5+ Year Old Account
    Would it have been too hard to add one or two voicelines for Aggra or one of her children in that (visually) gorgeous Nagrand cinematic? Because all you see there is Thrall Sue living in what looks like an old, abandoned shackle, without any traces of his family.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Given how 90% of her dialogue was screeching "Go'el" in the "stock Orc female voice"? By Warcraft's standards she's probably a masterpiece. Otherwise, not so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Would it have been too hard to add one or two voicelines for Aggra or one of her children in that (visually) gorgeous Nagrand cinematic? Because all you see there is Thrall Sue living in what looks like an old, abandoned shackle, without any traces of his family.
    Kal'el and Goku'el already ascended from their mortal forms. They were in the cinematic, you just couldn't see them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Yeaah, no. As others have alreadypointed out, shes basically Metzens wife, and was introduced bc he disliked the idea of Thrall and Jaina together. In terms of character, shes flatter than the sky box.
    Also "GO'EEEEEEEEL"
    And honestly, i usually hate "shipping" or whatever its called, but Thrall and Jaina couldve been an interesting thing. Sure, the "human girl gets together with a monster dude" is pretty cliche, but these 2 had a great dynamic, and them being together, while the Alliance and Horde go to war, couldve lead to some nice story bits.
    Somewhat poetic even:
    Thrall, who was enslaved by humans, and had to free his race from them, gets together with a human.
    Jaina, who was once in love with a beautiful prince, who turned into a monster at heart, gets together with a "monster", who is a good person at heart.

But yeah, the less said about Aggra, the better.
    The crooked shitposter with no eyes is watching from the endless thread.

From the space that is everywhere and nowhere, the crooked shitposter feasts on memes.

He has no eyes to see, but he dreams of infinite memeing and trolling.

One of the worst characters they added into the game. She’s part of what made Thrall so much less of a likeable character during Cataclysm, is part of storylines that were just a pain to get through (re-assembling Thralls shattered spirit and ending with a wedding..) and her dialogue was just shouting his name like she was a female protagonist in a Yu-Gi-Oh show with a horrible voice. Glad that they didn’t do much with her afterwards.

Didn’t read books obviously because they are mostly bad fanfiction writing and not a canon for me. Judging by the game she is very shallow character who never did anything cool and is just some addition to the green jesus. Why did he really need wife and children at all? My theory is that for alliance balancing they needed to humiliate him and that is all.

Quote Originally Posted by Houle View Post
    Also "GO'EEEEEEEEL"
    WC3 painted Thrall as green Moses, but Cata had more limited story telling, so it had to make do with painting him as Superman.

Sure, the "human girl gets together with a monster dude" is pretty cliche, but these 2 had a great dynamic, and them being together, while the Alliance and Horde go to war, couldve lead to some nice story bits.
    Metzen only liked the cliche about "average guy gets supermodel Elf wife", again to flatter the IRL wife.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

Bloodsail Admiral Smallfruitbat's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    When people say Aggra, my first thought is a female orc wandering around with Thralls balls in her handbag.

7+ Year Old Account
    Aggra and draka are two pointless characters that the writers try to shove down our throats because token female character

yet, they have killed all other interesting female characters, like Zaela and Shokia

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    Aggra and draka are two pointless characters that the writers try to shove down our throats because token female character

yet, they have killed all other interesting female characters, like Zaela and Shokia
    Shadowlands even gave them a chance to re-use the interesting ones even.

You could pretty much plug Zaela into Draka's place and she'd be an entirely more interesting character. I wouldn't go for a redemption arc, but having to work with old foes against a common foe is a more interesting premise than trying to turn Draka into something.

10+ Year Old Account
    One of WORST additions ever, they had a goldmine in Jaina x Thrall but they threw it
    Jaina x Thrall was 10 times better story for wow than Aggra can ever add, and i just wait and hope for day she just dies and leave wow forever
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakhath View Post
    She never got a chance to be a good character. She was added to the game as an accessory to Thrall and then she basically shuffled off to the side. Even in the cutscene in BFA where Saurfang goes to Thrall, Aggra is not at home at the present. The last time I remember her doing anything more than stand there, Alexstrasza put her hand on Aggras stomach and cast Power Word: Pregnancy and her arc was all but over.
    Her sole purpose why she was even there, like others have said is the reason why it didnt work.
    Introduction of a character will always be how people will view them.. its super important. Aggra was thrown in to function as the mother of the kids.. everything else she did was meaningless. So I guess people just didnt care for that.. I mean personally speaking I didnt even know thrall had kids for a long ass time.. and I played during and before that.

Maybe if she did something alone and her own grief or what ever.. maybe people would have cared, but idk she was even boring to look at.