Page 1 of 3
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #1

    Biden says the US will defend Taiwan if it is attacked.

    When asked in a town hall meeting if the US would defend Taiwan if China attacked, Biden said that they would as they had a commitment to do that.

    While it has always been assumed that they would, up unto now they have practiced 'strategic ambiguity' by neither confirming or denying if they would. This is a rather large change and by stating it openly China can be under no illusions as to what would happen if they attack.

  2. #2
    I feel like this is something that would fall under the war powers act, and so wouldn't require a vote in congress for 60 days (by which time we'd be at war, declared or no), but I'm not sure. Anyone with a better understanding wanna clear that up?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

  3. #3
    Legendary! Pony Soldier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    In my safe space
    Posts
    6,928
    Biden also said he would never mandate masks and vaccines. Also seeing how he completely fucked up the Afghanistan withdrawal I can only imagine what his senile ass is going to do in Taiwan. Probably mistake the Taiwanese people for the Chinese or something.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Pony Soldier View Post
    Biden also said he would never mandate masks and vaccines.
    And ?

    Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

  5. #5
    Legendary! Pony Soldier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    In my safe space
    Posts
    6,928
    Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    And ?
    Never kept his promise. The exact opposite happened.

    Point is what Biden says and does are two COMPLETELY different things.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

  6. #6
    Void Lord Elegiac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Love, Cassie & Nina
    Posts
    55,909
    Quote Originally Posted by Pony Soldier View Post
    Never kept his promise. The exact opposite happened.

    Point is what Biden says and does are two COMPLETELY different things.
    Okay, and?

    Not seeing how coddling the anti-vax babies has anything to do with the geopolitical situation between Taiwan and West Taiwan.
    You're not "playing devil's advocate", you're making someone who is likely speaking from personal experience defend themselves against the shitty and oppressive opinion you're too embarrassed to admit you actually believe in. It's you. You're the devil.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Pony Soldier View Post
    Never kept his promise. The exact opposite happened.

    Point is what Biden says and does are two COMPLETELY different things.
    Guess his problem was that his """promise""" was contingent on people not being absolute fuckwits for another 6 months and getting a couple hundred thousand more citizens killed.

    But I'm confused. Do you want the US to go to war with China? Because I thought the warmongering nature of the nefarious Demoncrats was why we elected pacifist Trump in the first place.

  8. #8
    The Unstoppable Force Kaleredar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    phasing...
    Posts
    23,413
    Quote Originally Posted by Pony Soldier View Post
    Biden also said he would never mandate masks and vaccines.
    That just shows that he's able to change his mind when the science and data backs something up as being the correct solution. So sorry that's not the "gotcha" you think it is.

    And hey, it beats the Trump "promise" of promising something awful, then not doing it, then claiming that he did it all along. How's that wall coming along? Or was it a fence? I forget where he landed on that. Are we counting the parts that have fallen down as him having fulfilled his promise?

    Also seeing how he completely fucked up the Afghanistan withdrawal I can only imagine what his senile ass is going to do in Taiwan. Probably mistake the Taiwanese people for the Chinese or something.
    I dunno, Trump was the one who abandoned the long-standing US ally the Kurds because they were brown people he didn't like. I feel Biden probably has the better intel to handle this situation.

    Not stocking his cabinet with unqualified family members and neo-nazi apologists probably helps.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Pony Soldier View Post
    Never kept his promise. The exact opposite happened.
    Good! It was a silly “promise” to make, though at the time I’m sure it at least seemed possible we were heading in the right direction on the pandemic. The fact that a large segment of the population insists on being fucking morons when it comes to vaccines, masks, and social distancing means the right decision was to break that promise.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Pony Soldier View Post
    Never kept his promise. The exact opposite happened.

    Point is what Biden says and does are two COMPLETELY different things.
    That is because we have stupid people that will do anything to not help themselves and help everyone around them. And it is completely legal for him to do these mandates.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    Biden is quickly building up the reputation of saying a lot of things he never actually commits to.

    (inb4 Trump whataboutism)
    It's ok, he has already kept more promises than Trump has already.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Pony Soldier View Post
    Never kept his promise. The exact opposite happened.

    Point is what Biden says and does are two COMPLETELY different things.
    Wow, he truly is a snake.

    Imagine the audacity of a President changing policy when confronted by evidence that the current policy isn't working.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Pony Soldier View Post
    Never kept his promise. The exact opposite happened.

    Point is what Biden says and does are two COMPLETELY different things.
    "Dad said I wouldn't get punished, but then he did punish me. WAH!" Your argument isn't the genius take you think it is. In fact it's pretty moronic, like a lot.

    Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    And ?
    Just a troll...please.

  14. #14
    The Lightbringer Ihavewaffles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    The spice must flow!
    Posts
    3,674
    Bullshit, taiwan ain't worth ww3

    US will abandon them like with the kurds in syria, or the afghans. US is just in this to sell arms to taiwan n region n have excuse for large mil expenditure, actually fighting for taiwan that legally is province of Beijing, is another matter.

    Like, soft millenials will go die by the millions for an island most of them couldn't find on a map if their lives depended on it..
    Lets waltz into a meatgrinder just to stick it to Xi that he shouldn't have what's legally his...
    Last edited by Ihavewaffles; 2021-10-22 at 08:04 AM.

  15. #15
    The Lightbringer Pannonian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Vienna
    Posts
    3,151
    Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    Xi that he shouldn't have what's legally his...
    Yeah, i would have agreed until this wonderful gem of chinese propaganda.

  16. #16
    The Lightbringer Ihavewaffles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    The spice must flow!
    Posts
    3,674
    Quote Originally Posted by Pannonian View Post
    Yeah, i would have agreed until this wonderful gem of chinese propaganda.
    Eh?....

    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taiw...%20of%20China.

    Joint Communiqué switched diplomatic recognition from Taipei to Beijing. In the Joint Communiqué, the United States recognized the Government of the People's Republic of China as the sole legal government of China, acknowledging the Chinese position that there is but one China and Taiwan is part of China.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    soft millenials will go die by the millions for an island most of them couldn't find on a map


    Right. Because troops are totally the ones who decide which conflicts their government is going to get involved in. Millennials are probably too old to be the ones seeing combat for much longer anyway. People larping as boomers really need to update their lingo. Or would that go against the aforementioned boomer mentality?

  18. #18
    The Lightbringer Ihavewaffles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    The spice must flow!
    Posts
    3,674
    U don't even have the balls to fight iran, it would be suicide to do it on china's doorstep, us strategies are very clear on that.

    Biden really means us is rdy to profit in arms sales, not get directly involved, nor does washington expect taiwan to prevail.

    I'm not a boomer, but whatever

    Lol


    China
    Last edited by Ihavewaffles; 2021-10-22 at 08:28 AM.

  19. #19
    This is more saber rattling if the US is really committed to this they would move to officially recognize Taiwan as a country. As of today only what 14 countries recognize Taiwan so we've already made the choice.

  20. #20
    I have to chuckle at the argument from "I like their military propaganda better than ours."

    Going to go out on a limb and assume that having two moms doesn't negatively impact your ability to march in formation, load artillery, or squeeze a trigger.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •