Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ...
9
17
18
19
20
21
LastLast
  1. #361
    WC3 Megathreader Lilithvia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Posts
    3,749
    Quote Originally Posted by Linkedblade View Post
    Well, to stop himself from being detained because of previous murder and robbery...
    What would you know? It's like you've done zero research on the man and are parroting the same thing over and over to try to own someone who's done significantly more research.

  2. #362
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Nah, just some reality for the easily outraged. "Cancel culture" is simply "consequences."
    In some cases, vastly overblown, entirely unjustified consequences of minor, irrelevant things, which is what the term "cancel culture" describes.

  3. #363
    Legendary! The One Percent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮
    Posts
    6,436
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilithvia View Post
    What would you know? It's like you've done zero research on the man and are parroting the same thing over and over to try to own someone who's done significantly more research.
    What books about him have you read?
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

  4. #364
    Brewmaster Barendon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Stormwind
    Posts
    1,485
    Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    As in the character from Overwatch? Can I provide a source where a fictional and digital character cubical crawled in an irl office building?
    You must mean cole cassidy

  5. #365
    Quote Originally Posted by Barendon View Post
    You must mean cole cassidy
    Too soon...

  6. #366

  7. #367
    WC3 Megathreader Lilithvia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Posts
    3,749
    Quote Originally Posted by The One Percent View Post
    What books about him have you read?
    Hell, I've been to the homestead where the guy lived as a child. Bet you didn't know it still stood.

  8. #368
    like i give a fuck. i still call him mccree

  9. #369
    Legendary! The One Percent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮
    Posts
    6,436
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilithvia View Post
    Hell, I've been to the homestead where the guy lived as a child. Bet you didn't know it still stood.
    Alright, just keep dodging the question.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

  10. #370
    Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    Who cares? Any faux outrage over this is the real cringe.
    The outrage over his original name is the real cringe. who cares, right?

  11. #371
    Quote Originally Posted by Barendon View Post
    He was fired after the kotaku article was released. Meaning he could've been fired just for being associated with it. You don't have proof to suggest otherwise.
    Or been fired because of the evidence that came with it. However the fact he's said absolutely nothing to defend himself speaks volumes when in cases like Quinton Flynn, they've protested and defended themselves.

    I didn't know Jesse McCree was responsible for a thing HR should be dealing with.
    He's a project lead. Part of being in a leadership position is looking after your subordinates.

    Let's say this suite was a place for co-workers to have parties inbetween blizzcon even days. The kotaku article even suggests this is exactly what it was.
    They also claim that it was called 'The cosby suite' because of how garish the room was decorated, despite photos of the room that they themselves posted revealed it to be incredibly plain.

    Clearly, but you put on so much weight on one person's behavior in the company. Like, why didn't he do that or that. Well, so many others didn't do anything, not just higher ups. Most likely everyone knew about the suite. So, the guilt is shared with all of them for not doing anything, by your logic.
    Now who's making assumptions? How do you know then that the general workers haven't complained? A number have said that they did and HR did nothing, and certainly many of them spoke with the police during their 2 year investigation into it. Hell, someone had to tell the police in the first place.

    Yeah, the gross part is subjective. That's how friends talk to each other in informal chats and gatherings, very surprising and very shocking I know. I presented the ghostcrawler tweet to emphasize it wasn't about chicks dave kosak brought to have sex with..
    And I'm pointing out that he admits it was wrong.

    Also, it is not clear which of the inappropriate company activities actually occured on blizzard and which on activision. Blizzard never gave a full statements on their side of things, and are likely waiting to respond to the law suit in court.
    Not sure what difference that makes if it was pre- or post-merger.

    Also, what are you talking about? Blizzard made a response the day after the lawsuit was publicly revealed.

    Quote Originally Posted by https://www.thegamer.com/activision-blizzard-lawsuit-response-report/
    We value diversity and strive to foster a workplace that offers inclusivity for everyone. There is no place in our company or industry, or any industry, for sexual misconduct or harassment of any kind. We take every allegation seriously and investigate all claims. In cases related to misconduct, action was taken to address the issue.

    The DFEH includes distorted, and in many cases false, descriptions of Blizzard’s past.
    Not to mention the emails sent by Bliz. president, J. Allen Brack and Activision Blizzard executive Fran Townsend

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    And it doesn't matter if someone was in a position of power or not. You see something you say something.
    And what about when you're actively warned about oing to HR because those that would deal with the complaint are friends with the people you'd accuse? One of the complaints in the lawsuit is Employees were allegedly “discouraged from complaining as human resource personnel were known to be close to alleged harassers.”

    Also worth pointing out that clearly they did speak out, otherwise the lawsuit wouldn't exist. Who do you think the authorities were talking to for two years?

  12. #372
    Quote Originally Posted by Mic_128 View Post
    Or been fired because of the evidence that came with it. However the fact he's said absolutely nothing to defend himself speaks volumes when in cases like Quinton Flynn, they've protested and defended themselves.
    I think the comparison with Flynn is apples to Oranges.

    Blizzard wants this case to be over ASAP, so even if McCree has been involved in cases where "plausible deniability" might apply, Blizzard would have likely handed him a lot of cash to have him out of the company without a lot of drama.
    Fighting those allegations publically would essentially just bring down the wrath of Blizzards lawyers down upon him, where Blizzard even plays the "good guy", standing in for rightful termination of a (potential) sexual harasser, whereas McCree would be in a defensive position from the getgo, where he has to prove that the accusations are in fact false.

    Even if any of those people are potentially innocent but their name just happens to be involved for whatever reasons, they're unlikely to fight that publically unless they have solid evidence of them not doing anything wrong - which is very difficult to proof.

    In the case of Flynn, Blizzard wasn't even involved, the dispute was entirely between two people, there was no billion company involved.

  13. #373
    Quote Originally Posted by Ealyssa View Post
    They already said it’s now company policy to never use real name in their games.
    They should have been able to guess it was a bad idea long ago, but then again they never had any issue with workplace abuse either until they got called out for it

  14. #374
    Too many people having fake outrage is ludicrous. Other people being outraged because they just don’t get it are also ludicrous. Let me try and explain in simple terms:
    Naming a character, place, or thing something because you like the name isn’t bad.
    Naming a character, place, or thing something after a despicable person is bad.
    Keeping the character, place, or thing named the same after just how despicable a person is comes to light is bad.
    Changing the name of the character, place, or thing to remove the honorific is a good thing.

    As far as some people’s points of “I like the name, I want to name something this name.” If you like a name, it’s okay to name something that. If you like the name and you are naming something that to honor the person who has that name, that is potentially bad (if that person is a bad person). That said, if you want to name your kid Adolf you absolutely can, but don’t pretend you can’t see a problem or all the negative connotations that come with it.

    Bottom line: stop being obtuse and having false outrage because you like a name.

  15. #375
    Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    Too many people having fake outrage is ludicrous. Other people being outraged because they just don’t get it are also ludicrous. Let me try and explain in simple terms:
    Naming a character, place, or thing something because you like the name isn’t bad.
    Naming a character, place, or thing something after a despicable person is bad.
    Keeping the character, place, or thing named the same after just how despicable a person is comes to light is bad.
    Changing the name of the character, place, or thing to remove the honorific is a good thing.

    As far as some people’s points of “I like the name, I want to name something this name.” If you like a name, it’s okay to name something that. If you like the name and you are naming something that to honor the person who has that name, that is potentially bad (if that person is a bad person). That said, if you want to name your kid Adolf you absolutely can, but don’t pretend you can’t see a problem or all the negative connotations that come with it.

    Bottom line: stop being obtuse and having false outrage because you like a name.
    The issue here is that we do not know if Jesse McCree is a "bad person" as you said. There is no evidence about that.

  16. #376
    Bloodsail Admiral Goatfish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    The Stars
    Posts
    1,242
    Fuck people, named after a good person or a bad person doesn't fucking matter. It's like you all are trying to say we can't have anyone share names with anyone. This shit is like saying we need to change the actor John Wayne's name because he shared a name with a serial killer. It's gone completely off the fucking rails in an attempt to show remorse to the angry crowd.

    Though honestly, I don't see a single post actually asking for this shit. It's more that Bliz randomly decides that Master Baiter is too risque for WoW and that they might possibly get attacked for a fishing npc in the middle of nowhere. I've seen no one demand that McCree or Mac'Aree need renamed, it's just random shit they are changing as a potential self-defense from the vocal but tiny outrage mob.

    edit: If anyone disagrees, feel free to show me posting of the outrage that a joke hinting at milking Tauren existed. Or any previous outrage to all the shit that is getting removed, but I need dates and/or timestamps from BEFORE the shitstorm with Blizzard. None of this was a problem until Blizzard decided on their own that it was a problem.
    Last edited by Goatfish; 2021-10-25 at 05:08 PM.

  17. #377
    I am Murloc!
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Vineland, Cumberland, NJ, USA
    Posts
    5,395
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilithvia View Post
    What would you know? It's like you've done zero research on the man and are parroting the same thing over and over to try to own someone who's done significantly more research.
    About whom? Butch Cassidy, Cole younger, or McCree?

    There's plenty of information about the former two's live and activities. McCree doesn't have anything saying he committed any act or crime. Lol ffs.

  18. #378
    was against the name change at first but i mean we dont know the exact reason mcree was fired, there is people that were at the "cosby suite" who werent fired, clearly if the dude did something theres no reason for him to be enshrined in the game with an iconic character. And overwatch i would say is the game i played with the most female players in it, having a char named after a high profile guy that was problematic towards woman is a big no

  19. #379
    Dreadlord Femininity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Woman in a Man's World
    Posts
    961
    Quote Originally Posted by Mic_128 View Post
    Or been fired because of the evidence that came with it. However the fact he's said absolutely nothing to defend himself speaks volumes when in cases like Quinton Flynn, they've protested and defended themselves.
    Just to interject, he may in fact be bound by a non-disclosure agreement that prevents publicly addressing or acknowledging the case ongoing. This is not uncommon at all, and would give you an answer as to why he hasn't defended himself. To say "I didn't do anything" would potentially risk legal repercussions.
    Remember: Words are not violence.
    Hyperion - Primal NA - Lone Hero

  20. #380
    Bloodsail Admiral Goatfish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    The Stars
    Posts
    1,242
    Quote Originally Posted by arandomuser View Post
    was against the name change at first but i mean we dont know the exact reason mcree was fired, there is people that were at the "cosby suite" who werent fired, clearly if the dude did something theres no reason for him to be enshrined in the game with an iconic character. And overwatch i would say is the game i played with the most female players in it, having a char named after a high profile guy that was problematic towards woman is a big no
    Who gives a shit if it has the most female players in it? Who gives a shit if someone shares a name with someone else?

    The only thing I can potentially decipher is that people honestly believe that they ARE their name. They somehow believe that their name is their existence, and not just something arbitrarily given to them at birth so others can categorize them easier.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •