Crazy Idea: Adventure Mode!

Right now, there's just War Mode. It's either on or off. But what "mode" are you in when it's off?

I'm proposing that there should be extra mechanics when War Mode is off, to make it a truly equal choice. Adventure Mode!

- War Mode / Adventure Mode is changed by talking to an NPC in each faction's capital. Put the RPG back in MMORPG please.

- PVP talents are renamed to War Talents. They still only work in PVP instances and the open world in War Mode.

- New set of talents in the same mechanic as War Talents, but add in all the funkiest and most broken stuff from WoW's history. Only usable in Adventure Mode in the open world. Balance shouldnt be the priority because these wont be active n PVP or Instances, only leveling and world quests. Just give us literally every pruned spell we ever had. It wont clog our spellbook because we can only use a few at a time. Have them as quest rewards for finishing zone storylines from expansions where those spells were initially introduced. Permanent Infernal unlocked in Pandaria plz.

- Some Adventure Talents could be abilities from expansion-specific systems that got nuked. Like Prime Glyphs or Draenor Spells or Artifact Powers or.... Covenent spells going in to 10.0.

- Relax Faction restrictions. You can't join an opposing faction's guild, but the ability to add friends, whisper to them cross-faction, join groups for world quests, and speak in common+orcish and in global chats while in Adventure Mode would be fine. I personally hate the idea of closing the faction gap, but like, this would make a lot of people happy, and could solidify that War Mode players would never be forced into cross faction groups, if they ever allow it at all. Maybe let Adventure Mode players group together for instances too? Idk, idc.

- Transmog and mounts unlockable exclusively in one mode or the other.

- World Quests exclusive to one mode or the other.

- Other stuff too probably.

Thoughts? Criticism? Opinions?
    Last edited by Amnaught; 2021-10-22 at 09:59 PM.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I think it should go in opposite direction. Nowadays War Mode is just pointless and I don't think people want return of AP to make it relevant again.

Imo open world needs some kind of Heroic version and to keep things more simple, instead of creating new button to click (and split people even more) they could remake War Mode. Much harder mobs (with some scalling or at least increasing difficulty as expansion go on), much better XP from quests (with one condition, once you opt out from heroic mode, you're out until max level - it would work like Heritage) and reputation on max level. Also PVP activities (you know, more than 1 per zone like SL) and most important - unique rewards both max level activities and leveling from 1 to max.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    I think it should go in opposite direction. Nowadays War Mode is just pointless and I don't think people want return of AP to make it relevant again.

Imo open world needs some kind of Heroic version and to keep things more simple, instead of creating new button to click (and split people even more) they could remake War Mode. Much harder mobs (with some scalling or at least increasing difficulty as expansion go on), much better XP from quests (with one condition, once you opt out from heroic mode, you're out until max level - it would work like Heritage) and reputation on max level. Also PVP activities (you know, more than 1 per zone like SL) and most important - unique rewards both max level activities and leveling from 1 to max.
    I dont think its pointless. It's just like picking a PVP or PVE realm, but switchable at will. But also the PVP talents, those are awesome.

Agreed that an outdoor "hard mode" where the enemies have mechanics you actually have to pay attention to would be cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Amnaught View Post
    New set of talents in the same mechanic as War Talents, but add in all the funkiest and most broken stuff from WoW's history. Only usable in Adventure Mode in the open world.
    That's literally half the reason I play warmode. My monk gets these incredibly broken pvp talents that give them 100% fists of fury damage against ALL targets, doubled strength of their main heal, and what amounts to a permanent bloodlust as long as I swap targets regularly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

If anything the game needs to go back to having permanent stuff, and less shit like having spell x only in y mode of instance z.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    That's literally half the reason I play warmode. My monk gets these incredibly broken pvp talents that give them 100% fists of fury damage against ALL targets, doubled strength of their main heal, and what amounts to a permanent bloodlust as long as I swap targets regularly.
    Same as a demo lock. Why yes, yes I would like PI on a 45s cooldown, thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Mexico is already part of the USA so is Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Shadow deserves nothing, the same as Fire Mages.

I think WoW's problem with meaningful open world content runs a lot deeper than issues with WM. First you really need to fix the problem with created a decade ago by fracturing the communities with CRZ and sharding.

I would like this change. The outdoor world in retail is extremely easy anyway nowadays... so why not make it fun too?
    Classic in comparison is frekking dark souls, one mistake and you die! no billion selfheal abilities to save you.

This wont fix the annoying chores you have to do but atleast itll make them more fun.

Alas knowing the dev team i dont think they will even consider something like this, but its a valiant effort!

Quote Originally Posted by kranur View Post
    If anything the game needs to go back to having permanent stuff, and less shit like having spell x only in y mode of instance z.
    I'd so much rather have all the old spells back as talents that you can only use a few of at a time, and only in the open world, than just.... Have them removed because of "clutter" and complications in raids and pvp.

Like why did we lose all those Artifact abilities? Boom, Adventure Talents. So we keep them.
    Last edited by Amnaught; 2021-10-23 at 05:51 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by infernaldark View Post
    more like stupid idea.
    ^^ this!! ^^

Quote Originally Posted by MoFalcon View Post
    ^^ this!! ^^
    But like..... Why

10+ Year Old Account
    But like..... Why
    Let's just take a game that it waaaay to infused with levels, zones, spells, factions, reputations, guilds, noobs, elitists, quests, flying, running, mounts, grinding, pvp, non-pvp, warmode, etc....and add a whole new section. New line of spells and quests, zones, factions, guilds, hard core and casual, and grinding.

Thats sounds AWESOME!! lets take something that has way to much of everything and double it! Brilliant !

Maybe a new class and race just to make it SUPER FUN!!

Lets make is SUPER DUPER FUN by giving them spells and gear that is ONLY good in this mode....sweet, double all the gear you need to get(THAT NEVER DROPS). Maybe a new currency to buy it with...... I think Im getting a boner just thinking about it!

THAT IS....why!
    Last edited by MoFalcon; 2021-10-23 at 07:01 PM.

War Mode should be (zero) group formations and everyone for themselves..

Quote Originally Posted by darklogrus View Post
    War Mode should be (zero) group formations and everyone for themselves..
    What? Do you know what a war is? Lol

Imagine Tarren Mill but everybody just 1v1s and nobody coordinates and gangs up in healers

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MoFalcon View Post
    Let's just take a game that it waaaay to infused with levels, zones, spells, factions, reputations, guilds, noobs, elitists, quests, flying, running, mounts, grinding, pvp, non-pvp, warmode, etc....and add a whole new section. New line of spells and quests, zones, factions, guilds, hard core and casual, and grinding.

Thats sounds AWESOME!! lets take something that has way to much of everything and double it! Brilliant !

Maybe a new class and race just to make it SUPER FUN!!

Lets make is SUPER DUPER FUN by giving them spells and gear that is ONLY good in this mode....sweet, double all the gear you need to get(THAT NEVER DROPS). Maybe a new currency to buy it with...... I think Im getting a boner just thinking about it!

THAT IS....why!
    It's already separated into WarMode and NonWarMode. This just adds requested features in a way that doesnt break the game by only making them available in NonWarMode. And the name is better.

Warmode’s downfall is flying and stupidly messed up phasing when forming groups. Say what you want about BFA, there was a lot of fun to had during the invasion events

10+ Year Old Account

Imagine Tarren Mill but everybody just 1v1s and nobody coordinates and gangs up in healers

- - - Updated - - -

It's already separated into WarMode and NonWarMode. This just adds requested features in a way that doesnt break the game by only making them available in NonWarMode. And the name is better.
    you added nothing new here. i read that. did you read my post? at all? Its too fucking much! its too fucking much already! too too much!!

- - - Updated - - -

I'm pretty sure the writers haven't a clue what an actual War is nor do I think the people in charge of creating content know what an actual War is as well. Nott o mention if you actually tried to explain why it continues to be ok, you would contradict the story and events lmfao..

Interesting concept but the implementation might be a little hard.