Page 1 of 11
... LastLast

Seems like development team 2 is doing what they want with the game.

I haven't seen a new thread or existing thread about this.

I've found this tweet of a Blizzard employee:

https://twitter.com/trulyaliem/statu...911025667?s=20

if it were intended as a smokescreen it would have been promoted. you only know this exists because someone went datamining.

getting upset with team 2 because we have corporate overlords who won't listen to our v. reasonable collective demands is... a choice one could make, ok.
    So if what I'm seeing is right, basically Team 2 went rogue on the game and are pissed they were found out. They did these changes against their "corporate overlords" because they wouldn't listen to their demands.

So basically, they are using the game we're paying for, for their own weapon and to go against everyone else as they see fit?

For the moderator, there is no thread about it open anymore. I can't see it on the general page.

Quote Originally Posted by Overlordd View Post

So if what I'm seeing is right, basically Team 2 went rogue on the game and are pissed they were found out. They did these changes against their "corporate overlords" because they wouldn't listen to their demands.

So basically, they are using the game we're paying for, for their own weapon and to go against everyone else as they see fit?

For the moderator, there is no thread about it open anymore. I can't see it on the general page.
    That chain of messages was wondering how people are against the shitty people at activision and team2 but are against dealing with the shit those people left behind. Now that those people are gone the team is changing the game to look more like the current dev team and their values. They didnt go rogue, its their game.

I dont understand what the weapon you see and who you see it used against.
    Last edited by Cthulhu fhtagn; 2021-10-22 at 10:54 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu fhtagn View Post
    The context of what they that chain is was that there were horrible people in charge at team 2 for a long time. Now they are cleaning the stuff that those people left in the game. Now that those people are gone the team is changing the game to look more like the current dev team and their values. They didnt go rogue, its their game.

I dont understand what the weapon you see and who you see it used against.
    OP believes that the changes are part of their protest, I believe.

I've followed through that drama and agree with what you have written..
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

"I agree with Cthulhu" is not a statement I would normally say in any circumstance, but let it be known.

I've never encountered a development team at a company that would have the ability to do such a thing, much less a company the size of Blizzard, where they simply wouldn't have the ability to "go rogue" and do this. A dev team just doesn't have the ability to merge to master and deploy all on their own. There are always checks and balances to prevent this sort of thing. If Blizzard doesn't have measures set up to avoid this, I would be shocked beyond all possible belief.

Im way behind the 8ball and very confused - who is being accused of doing what here?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

Quote Originally Posted by Overlordd View Post

You pay for a game key and then monthly access to play that game, as it is.

You don't actually own anything. They own it all. It's kind of fucked up, but true.

They can technically do what they want.

And corporate overlords I'd imagine don't want to deal with woketopia and Twitter mobs and honestly just don't give a shit about the changes.

the tweet makes no sense to me.

imagine a world in which everyone agreed that the trash should be taken out but they get upset when you clean up the trash's residue afterwards. if you're going to clean up shit, get the lysol and disinfect. otherwise it still stinks.
    the starting tweet tries to defend all the censorship. then get's called out by califer. then the linked tweet is made which says that the changes they prior justified are not justified and are the result of corporate overlords.

either the changes are justified or they aren't. plus, if it really is entirely the overlords fault for these things, why are you going on strike against such blatant censorship that the player base and supposedly you don't like? this employee is trying to play both sides and failing horribly.

WoW devs are so wildly out of touch with their playerbase its insane.

Quote Originally Posted by aceperson View Post
    the tweet makes no sense to me.

the starting tweet tries to defend all the censorship. then get's called out by califer. then the linked tweet is made which says that the changes they prior justified are not justified and are the result of corporate overlords.

either the changes are justified or they aren't. plus, if it really is entirely the overlords fault for these things, why are you going on strike against such blatant censorship that the player base and supposedly you don't like? this employee is trying to play both sides and failing horribly.
    You've grossly misunderstood the tweets.

Original tweet paraphrased: Everyone agrees Afrasiabi should have been fired, but now you're complaining that we're removing the shit he forced in to the game

Califer response tweet: Why are you making these changes instead of pushing for better working conditions

Second tweet: Team 2 is making these changes WHILE pushing for better working conditions that corporate is currently ignoring
    Quote Originally Posted by Addiena
    Whats the saying .. You have two brain cells and they are both fighting for third place !

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Your not seeing it right. Team2 finally got the go ahead to remove stuff abusers put into the game, this is something both current and Ex employee's have said they wanted to do.

people assert that the changes are a cooperate smoke screen so they hide that nothing is changing on the corporate side.

Team2 then point's out that if it was corporate it wouldn't only have been found by data mining it would have had all the bells and wishes attached and that the ingame changes is all they have the actual power to do.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

I doubt Afrasiabi wrote all these jokes and flirts.

Herald of the Titans Chain Chungus's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    When you take a shit, do you just leave the shitstain on your ass? Or do you wipe?

I think most reasonable people would wipe.

I think the problem is that there have been TWO incidents.

1. Blitzchung.
    2. Frat-boy attitudes.

Clean up the frat boy stuff? Yes. But hand over the keys of WoW to a crowd that sympathizes with China and their censorship? NO. By going thru and hitting the censorship button hard, they look like they probably side with China. So they are still fucking up.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Stickiler View Post
    You've grossly misunderstood the tweets.

Original tweet paraphrased: Everyone agrees Afrasiabi should have been fired, but now you're complaining that we're removing the shit he forced in to the game

Califer response tweet: Why are you making these changes instead of pushing for better working conditions

Second tweet: Team 2 is making these changes WHILE pushing for better working conditions that corporate is currently ignoring
    ok. i thought i was misunderstanding something.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    I think the problem is that there have been TWO incidents.

1. Blitzchung.
    2. Frat-boy attitudes.

Clean up the frat boy stuff? Yes. But hand over the keys of WoW to a crowd that sympathizes with China and their censorship? NO. By going thru and hitting the censorship button hard, they look like they probably side with China. So they are still fucking up.
    You do know that the blitzchung thing was likely completely corporate and had nothing to do with the devs right?
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Im way behind the 8ball and very confused - who is being accused of doing what here?
    I do believe the tweet in question is a system dev that doesn’t understand why people are mad they are cleaning up a game people said need to be cleaned up. Equating the game to irl problems at the company

Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    You do know that the blitzchung thing was likely completely corporate and had nothing to do with the devs right?
    It doesn't matter which arm of ActiBlizz did it. The fact is that it happened. You get that, right?
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    It doesn't matter which arm of ActiBlizz did it. The fact is that it happened. You get that, right?
    Of course it matters there is a clear disconnect between the actual devs and the corporate part of the company. The devs taking stuff put in by abuses out and the suits trying to save money by pandering to China are to completely unrelated things.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    well it seems that the Devs of Team 2 at Blizzard are making changes to their game. Which, going by OP's mini rant, is apparently not allowed. I guess according to the OP I'm not allowed to change my curtains because the original ones are good enough despite being ugly as fuck

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    Of course it matters there is a clear disconnect between the actual devs and the corporate part of the company. The devs taking stuff put in by abuses out and the suits trying to save money by pandering to China are to completely unrelated things.
    omg this whole "pandering to China" shit needs to stop. China has a separate game to the rest of us. Stuff that they find objectionable has already been removed for the Chinese version of the game. So the version of the game the rest of the world plays will not be affected