Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ...
4
5
6
7
8
... LastLast
  1. #101
    Quote Originally Posted by Overlordd View Post
    I doubt Afrasiabi wrote all these jokes and flirts.
    He most likely did. Considering it is not that much work.

    Considering Kevin Jordon single handedly created every spell/ability and class for original vanilla wow.

  2. #102
    ITT people who think the Blizzard development team is just five coders and an artist and not a web of hundreds of people and a thousand more contractors.

  3. #103
    Quote Originally Posted by Utrrabbit View Post
    He most likely did. Considering it is not that much work.

    Considering Kevin Jordon single handedly created every spell/ability and class for original vanilla wow.
    He most likely did not, unless you have proof of what's actually true and care to share

  4. #104
    The Insane Ielenia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    16,721
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    I really can’t say I see a problem or need to over obsess “collateral damage” or assumes that they would be trying to turn from T to E.

    If the devs say the changes are to take out the left overs from people like Alex and co I really have no reason to doubt them.
    Not "E". I said "EC". Big difference.

    Other than that, I just feel that the developers are basically removing everything that considered even remotely 'raunchy', that could be even just mildly offensive.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Torturing someone is not an evil thing to do if it is done for good reasons and as a last, drastic measure.
    Oof...

  5. #105
    The Insane Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Land of moose and goose.
    Posts
    18,238
    Quote Originally Posted by Utrrabbit View Post
    He most likely did. Considering it is not that much work.

    Considering Kevin Jordon single handedly created every spell/ability and class for original vanilla wow.
    Another important thing to note is that rather Alex wrote them all him self Alex wasn’t the only person sexuality harassing people as the lawsuit had 10 hidden names and blizzard has apparently fired 20 people since the lawsuit started and there could have been any number of employees leave or be hired who also partook since blizzard was founded.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

  6. #106
    Quote Originally Posted by UndedoKoleda View Post
    What's really important to keep in mind is, that you have absolutely no clue how sampling works.

    People keep parroting the same "vocal minority" bullshit, that's why we had the Covenants and other things the way they are for more than a year. Since beta a lot of people saw the flaws and pointed them out, but were quickly branded as a "vocal minority, here on MMOChamp/other forums" by apologists, such as yourself. Guess what?! People left the game en masse, which forced Blizzard to pull the infamous "ripcord", thus admitting that the "vocal minority" were, in fact, not a minority at all.

    That's why we can't have nice things, if Blizzard serves you a shit on a platter, you'd be the first to jump in and start explaining how that's not a problem, because the "people on MMOC", who are not liking it, are a laughable minority of the player base.

    I can't possibly imagine being snarky and telling someone they don't know how sampling works, then going on to literally define a vocal minority and WHY it's harmful. Please educate yourself on polling, friend.

    Edit: One of the worst parts of this entire saga is Blizzard deniers being able to say that the SJWs are killing the game and not that the game is on a steep decline that it HAS been on for literally years now. It's great for Activision Blizzard, because you have very loud, not so smart individuals parroting their talking points on the forums sweeping their actual stuff under the rug. It's a lose-lose situation as long as you have people like this, yes, VOCAL MINORITY. : - )
    Last edited by perkocet; 2021-10-24 at 05:52 PM.

  7. #107
    The Insane Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Land of moose and goose.
    Posts
    18,238
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Not "E". I said "EC". Big difference.

    Other than that, I just feel that the developers are basically removing everything that considered even remotely 'raunchy', that could be even just mildly offensive.
    I’d say keeping things like the den of delights, adding gigolo’s, adding incuibi and keeping succubi shows that there keeping raunchy stuff in the game.

    Which then leads to the question of why they are targeting certain things which the devs have said it’s because there linked to abusers.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

  8. #108
    Quote Originally Posted by Chain Chungus View Post
    When you take a shit, do you just leave the shitstain on your ass? Or do you wipe?

    I think most reasonable people would wipe.
    Some people use a bidet. I hear its popular in Japan. Cant leave these people out lol
    Quote Originally Posted by TrollHunter3000 View Post
    How the fuck is this trolling?

    Discussing moderation is against the rules. Infracted.

  9. #109
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    I’d say keeping things like the den of delights, adding gigolo’s, adding incuibi and keeping succubi shows that there keeping raunchy stuff in the game.

    Which then leads to the question of why they are targeting certain things which the devs have said it’s because there linked to abusers.
    You need serious help, your brain is too SJW and California addled. Creatures like you are the reason this game is such a joke nowadays.

  10. #110
    The Insane Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Land of moose and goose.
    Posts
    18,238
    Quote Originally Posted by Vasoka View Post
    You need serious help, your brain is too SJW and California addled. Creatures like you are the reason this game is such a joke nowadays.
    Because I’m aware that gigolo’s and such were added to the game?
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

  11. #111
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    Pandering to China in this case was the whole hearthstone blitzchung thing not any in game changes.
    Actually Hearthstone had changes in game since they run the same client unlike WoW. Jaina, Succubus(it's now a felhunter) etc are all examples.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Chain Chungus View Post
    When you take a shit, do you just leave the shitstain on your ass? Or do you wipe?

    I think most reasonable people would wipe.
    Yeah but most people don't wash their hair after and then claim that residue got in their hair when they crapped.

  12. #112
    Quote Originally Posted by perkocet View Post
    I can't possibly imagine being snarky and telling someone they don't know how sampling works, then going on to literally define a vocal minority and WHY it's harmful. Please educate yourself on polling, friend.

    Edit: One of the worst parts of this entire saga is Blizzard deniers being able to say that the SJWs are killing the game and not that the game is on a steep decline that it HAS been on for literally years now. It's great for Activision Blizzard, because you have very loud, not so smart individuals parroting their talking points on the forums sweeping their actual stuff under the rug. It's a lose-lose situation as long as you have people like this, yes, VOCAL MINORITY. : - )
    There you go.

    In statistics, quality assurance, and survey methodology, sampling is the selection of a subset (a statistical sample) of individuals from within a statistical population to estimate characteristics of the whole population.
    Sampling is a process used in statistical analysis in which a number of observations are taken from a larger population. The methodology used to sample from a larger population depends on the type of analysis being performed, but it may include simple random sampling or systematic sampling.
    Since, apparently, you lack the capacity to figure this one on your own, I'll explain it to you. The forums(this one, reddit, any other) are just as good place as any to gather a sample on player base opinions on different aspects of the game. If you don't like that your opinion is different to that of the other people in the sample, doesn't mean that it suddenly turns into "VOCAL MINORITY". If, for instance, 80% vote on a poll, that Shadowlands sucks, but you're one of the other 20%, that doesn't invalidate the majority of the people's opinions, like it, or not.

    And since you brought it up:
    the casting or registering of votes at an election
    (as modifier)polling day
    the conducting of a public opinion poll
    computing the automatic interrogation of terminals by a central controlling machine to determine if they are ready to receive or transmit messages
    Facts are, Blizzard are(and have been in the past) listening to player base. They read Reddit, MMO-Champ(or at least their sexual offenders generation did) and many other unofficial/fan sites and forums. Since the people here range from world first raiders and r1 pvpers to absolute casuals who log in couple times per week, the samples taken from this forum are as good as any.

  13. #113
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    I’d say keeping things like the den of delights, adding gigolo’s, adding incuibi and keeping succubi shows that there keeping raunchy stuff in the game.

    Which then leads to the question of why they are targeting certain things which the devs have said it’s because there linked to abusers.
    Except they're just using that as an excuse. The offices there have been Coca Cola "try to be less XXXX" campaign for a while there. They're just instead removing anything that is remotely provocative that they can and blaming those people.

  14. #114
    I am Murloc! Asrialol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    5,531
    Quote Originally Posted by UndedoKoleda View Post
    Blizzard themselves are disproving you, by "pulling the ripcord" and adding in 9.1 all the QoL changes that people(on this forum included) asked since Shadowlands Beta. I had the very same discussion with another poster literally days before they announced 9.1.5, him trying to tell me that the Covenants(and everything else) is fine as they are and it's only the "vocal minority" on MMO-Champ that is whining about it. Look how did that turn out.

    And if you think that sampling from a forum is not representative, you are absolutely clueless. If we get numerous thread with polls about which the people consider the worst expansion and every single time WoD wins by a landslide, I can promise you that this sample is a good enough representative of what the overall player base consider as worst expansion as well. Period.

    Explaining the matter any further is a waste of time, as you clearly don't have the capacity to understand what is being talked about here. Or in the worse case - you understand, but blindly defend Blizzard, ready to swallow anything that they direct to your mouth, no matter if they are in the right or wrong.
    The first part of your post shows you clearly have no idea how game devs handle feedback, and what kind of metrics they have available when it comes to player engagement. That is, of course, not surprising to me what so ever.

    The second part of your post shows again that you have no clue what so ever about what a representative sample of a population (or playerbase, in this case) is. Let's call random people in the most Democrat part of the US, let's say, Hawaii - where 70% of the voters were Democrats. Let's call 1000 people there and see if those people agree with the Democrats or Republicans. The answer we get from them is representative of the entire US! Well, according to you, anyway.

    Naturally, the threads and polls and whatnot is representative of the playerbase that ventures to secondary fansites and such. Which, as you clearly know, is a small % of the playerbase. Hmmmmmm......

    The last part of your post is just so ironic I don't even know where to begin.

    The fact that you think I've been "defending" (What the fuck? Defending? What the actual shit am I reading? Are you 12?) Blizzard shows you've got some sort of difficulty with either reading, or comprehending words, I guess.

    Jesus christ, man. Read this before you comment on anything related to representative sampling, please: https://www.researchgate.net/publica...ntative_Sample
    Hi

  15. #115
    The Insane Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Land of moose and goose.
    Posts
    18,238
    Quote Originally Posted by ohwell View Post
    Except they're just using that as an excuse. The offices there have been Coca Cola "try to be less XXXX" campaign for a while there. They're just instead removing anything that is remotely provocative that they can and blaming those people.
    There’s no reason to think that’s the case or that the devs are lying about why things are being removed.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

  16. #116
    Who cares about most these changes anyway. Almost all of these are things I didn't care about before and still don't care about. Give me a game that doesn't suck, drag on, or pointless push me down a hill over and over again just to drive some stupid metric.

  17. #117
    I am Murloc! Asrialol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    5,531
    Quote Originally Posted by UndedoKoleda View Post
    There you go.




    Since, apparently, you lack the capacity to figure this one on your own, I'll explain it to you. The forums(this one, reddit, any other) are just as good place as any to gather a sample on player base opinions on different aspects of the game. If you don't like that your opinion is different to that of the other people in the sample, doesn't mean that it suddenly turns into "VOCAL MINORITY". If, for instance, 80% vote on a poll, that Shadowlands sucks, but you're one of the other 20%, that doesn't invalidate the majority of the people's opinions, like it, or not.

    And since you brought it up:


    Facts are, Blizzard are(and have been in the past) listening to player base. They read Reddit, MMO-Champ(or at least their sexual offenders generation did) and many other unofficial/fan sites and forums. Since the people here range from world first raiders and r1 pvpers to absolute casuals who log in couple times per week, the samples taken from this forum are as good as any.
    This right here is comedy cold. I can't even.

    Includes information about sampling he found on Google. Then proceeds to explain how his "sampling" isn't correct, then starts rambling about other nonsense - while thinking he's actually correct.. LOL!
    Maybe we should make a poll about what the best car is. Let's get a representative sample of the worldwide population from a Tesla forum or subreddit! I can't even.

    I don't often bookmark the post history of people here, but when I do, it's because it's comedy gold.
    Hi

  18. #118
    Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    The first part of your post shows you clearly have no idea how game devs handle feedback, and what kind of metrics they have available when it comes to player engagement. That is, of course, not surprising to me what so ever.

    The second part of your post shows again that you have no clue what so ever about what a representative sample of a population (or playerbase, in this case) is. Let's call random people in the most Democrat part of the US, let's say, Hawaii - where 70% of the voters were Democrats. Let's call 1000 people there and see if those people agree with the Democrats or Republicans. The answer we get from them is representative of the entire US! Well, according to you, anyway.

    Naturally, the threads and polls and whatnot is representative of the playerbase that ventures to secondary fansites and such. Which, as you clearly know, is a small % of the playerbase. Hmmmmmm......

    The last part of your post is just so ironic I don't even know where to begin.

    The fact that you think I've been "defending" (What the fuck? Defending? What the actual shit am I reading? Are you 12?) Blizzard shows you've got some sort of difficulty with either reading, or comprehending words, I guess.

    Jesus christ, man. Read this before you comment on anything related to representative sampling, please: https://www.researchgate.net/publica...ntative_Sample
    I've explained it couple of posts above, it's absolutely not worth it doing it again for you.

    Answer me this, do you believe that the majority of the play base considers(or did, till Shadowlands came out) WoD as the worst expansion(as we've seen numerous times in polls on MMO-Champ)?

    Why do you think did Blizzard pull the "ripcord", making the QoL improvements that the (majority) people on this and other fan sites have been asking for since the Beta/Release?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    This right here is comedy cold. I can't even.

    Includes information about sampling he found on Google. Then proceeds to explain how his "sampling" isn't correct, then starts rambling about other nonsense - while thinking he's actually correct.. LOL!
    Maybe we should make a poll about what the best car is. Let's get a representative sample of the worldwide population from a Tesla forum or subreddit! I can't even.

    I don't often bookmark the post history of people here, but when I do, it's because it's comedy gold.
    How is the Tesla forum or state or Hawaii related to MMO-Champ? What is the general population of MMO-Champ or Reddit WoW? Is it majority world first raiders? Is it majority casuals? Majority pvpers? Tell me what is the "type" of people visiting MMO-Champion and Reddit WoW?

    This is the first and last time I'm explaining this - asking about WoW on MMO-Champ(or any other fan site) is like asking about Tesla on a Tesla forum. This is really simple, even you should be able to get it.
    Last edited by UndedoKoleda; 2021-10-24 at 07:03 PM.

  19. #119
    I am Murloc! Asrialol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    5,531
    Quote Originally Posted by UndedoKoleda View Post
    I've explained it couple of posts above, it's absolutely not worth it doing it again for you.

    Answer me this, do you believe that the majority of the play base considers(or did, till Shadowlands came out) WoD as the worst expansion(as we've seen numerous times in polls on MMO-Champ)?

    Why do you think did Blizzard pull the "ripcord", making the QoL improvements that the (majority) people on this and other fan sites have been asking for since the Beta/Release?

    - - - Updated - - -



    How is the Tesla forum or state or Hawaii related to MMO-Champ? What is the general population of MMO-Champ or Reddit WoW? Is it majority world first raiders? Is it majority casuals? Majority pvpers? Tell me what is the "type" of people visiting MMO-Champion and Reddit WoW?

    This is the first and last time I'm explaining this - asking about WoW on MMO-Champ(or any other fan site) is like asking about Tesla on a Tesla forum. This is really simple, even you should be able to get it.
    We have information from Blizzards API that roughly what, 10% of the playerbase touched at least one raidboss in 9.1. Only 10%!

    Now, if what you're saying is true, 88% of the playerbase that frequent this forum will NOT resub in 9.1 Is this representative of the entire WoW playerbase?
    (https://www.mmo-champion.com/poll.ph...do=showresults)

    80% of the playerbase on this site, thinks that the game is bad and will continue to be bad, or get worse
    (https://www.mmo-champion.com/poll.ph...do=showresults)

    Here's a juicer, according to this poll, over 50% of the playerbase that frequent this site will aim to get season 2 KSM mount.
    (https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ill-you-get-it)

    If you go to, say, Raider.io you'll see that there are less than 500 000 characters that are at KSM keylevels. There are just over 2 million characters tracked there, that has done at least one key (+2 and above).
    Out of all characters that has done at least a +2, less than 25% are at KSM levels.

    There are 2.2m members of the WoW subreddit. Is the entire wow playerbase on Reddit, UndedoKoleda? By the way, less than 1/4th of the people on the WoW subreddit has done one m+ key or more. How does this add up when 50% of the playerbase on this forum aims to get KSM...?

    20287 guilds has killed first boss in SoD on normal difficulty. I'm not really sure if I need to go on.


    It's well known, and has been for over a decade, that the people who frequent fansites, or discussion forums in WoW - are a minority. Always has been, always will be. If you think you can get a representative sample of the entire playerbase based off of a minority that is vastly different than the average/median player, then I don't really know what to say to you.
    Even if we assume that the entire wow playerbase is on Reddit, I've just proven, using your logic, that the playerbase on MMOC isn't representative.

    I am eagerly awaiting your response, as I'm sure you're still in denial and refuse to admit you're wrong.

    Oh, and to answer your question; According to a poll on this site, WoD is superior to BFA and Shadowlands.

    If people on this site and other fansites has been asking for Covenant changes since Beta, why did it take a year for the change to take effect..? Great logic, chap! You ought to stop using the "ripcord" as an argument for your case. It does the opposite.
    Last edited by Asrialol; 2021-10-24 at 07:29 PM.
    Hi

  20. #120
    Scarab Lord Makabreska's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Streets Strange by Moonlight
    Posts
    4,466
    Quote Originally Posted by Vasoka View Post
    You need serious help, your brain is too SJW and California addled. Creatures like you are the reason this game is such a joke nowadays.
    Holy crap dude, wtf was that reaction? Like, what part of his post offended you this much?
    Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •