Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    From what I understand they had their internal communications about things they didn't like in the game and as a result of it things were quietly changed where necessary. Whilst I'm not sure I agree on everything (name/mob changing in Kara/BT and Jokes) I can understand maybe some people didn't like it. At the end of the day they do what they want with it, most of these for me are irrelevant overall and won't be that noticed now, just good memories. I saw the Blood Elf Male damsel quest change and always found it funny, but apparently it's not staying as it was.

Times change, a lot of shows I grew up watching in the 90s and 00s would now be considered offensive and Team 2 obviously feels that was about certain aspects of WoW.
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    omg this whole "pandering to China" shit needs to stop. China has a separate game to the rest of us. Stuff that they find objectionable has already been removed for the Chinese version of the game. So the version of the game the rest of the world plays will not be affected
    Pandering to China in this case was the whole hearthstone blitzchung thing not any in game changes.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

the funniest thing is that so called abusers made good games

team 2 makes shit

not sure what to choose

Quote Originally Posted by Trbn View Post

team 2 makes shit

not sure what to choose
    The """"""""abusers"""""""" .

Quote Originally Posted by Overlordd View Post
    So basically, they are using the game we're paying for, for their own weapon and to go against everyone else as they see fit?
    i Don't see this at all from the link+Tweets you provided.
    I am unsure how you can grasp that,, seems like a very big overrreach.
    Can you pls elaborate?

I haven't seen a new thread or existing thread about this.

I've found this tweet of a Blizzard employee:

https://twitter.com/trulyaliem/statu...911025667?s=20

So if what I'm seeing is right, basically Team 2 went rogue on the game and are pissed they were found out. They did these changes against their "corporate overlords" because they wouldn't listen to their demands.

So basically, they are using the game we're paying for, for their own weapon and to go against everyone else as they see fit?

For the moderator, there is no thread about it open anymore. I can't see it on the general page.
    I swear, every Blizz employee on twitter has to put their "preferred pronouns" (lol), post their vax status (no one gives a shit), and are all SJWs. Worst part is they're on the development team who decided that art from 2004 is now offensive.

So glad I'm not subbed anymore.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Trbn View Post

team 2 makes shit

not sure what to choose
    It was only Alex Afrasabi and a few mid level nobodies. The rest got vilified for posing with a photo of a Black man from almost 10 years ago in a hotel room.

10+ Year Old Account
    So as I understand the tweets:
    Context
    Playerbase: "Clean up your company in regards to the controversy and fix the problems with the game not being fun at the moment *gives feedback*."
    Team 2: "Okay." *goes against Blizzard and starts censoring or changing whatever they want, ignores feedback and fix suggestions*
    Playerbase: "wtf we didn't ask for censorship or these changes."
    Tweets
    Dev in twitter thread: "Wow who knew the Playerbase could be so untrustworthy, asking us to clean up the company but then complaining when we start changing stuff in the game because we (devs) don't like it. Man I really don't understand people."
    Responder: "But it's not actually doing anything to fix the problems with the company and the changes feel like some kind of smokescreen for the controversy though it would be fine if they weren't."
    Dev: "If it was a smokescreen they would have promoted them happening publicly but now they know we've gone rogue and are using the changes for positive PR. Plus you wouldn't even know about it if someone hadn't snooped around and datamined it. *grumbles about dataminers and why they can't just make changes they want*"

So yeah appears they went Rogue and all the censorship, changes and bowls of fruit are the genius 'fixes' of Team 2 to the 'real problems' with WoW.
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

Quote Originally Posted by Dristereau View Post
    From what I understand they had their internal communications about things they didn't like in the game and as a result of it things were quietly changed where necessary. Whilst I'm not sure I agree on everything (name/mob changing in Kara/BT and Jokes) I can understand maybe some people didn't like it. At the end of the day they do what they want with it, most of these for me are irrelevant overall and won't be that noticed now, just good memories. I saw the Blood Elf Male damsel quest change and always found it funny, but apparently it's not staying as it was.

Times change, a lot of shows I grew up watching in the 90s and 00s would now be considered offensive and Team 2 obviously feels that was about certain aspects of WoW.
    Team 2 is now full of marxists who want to erase anything and everything that triggers them, yet yell 'la la la la" when it comes to player feedback (you know, the people who actually pay their salaries).

Quote Originally Posted by Theangryone View Post
    I do believe the tweet in question is a system dev that doesn’t understand why people are mad they are cleaning up a game people said need to be cleaned up. Equating the game to irl problems at the company
    well it seems that the Devs of Team 2 at Blizzard are making changes to their game. Which, going by OP's mini rant, is apparently not allowed. I guess according to the OP I'm not allowed to change my curtains because the original ones are good enough despite being ugly as fuck
    Thanks for the replies guys, im gonna completely tap-out of this one, I just have no clue what anyone is talking about.

Usually I can understand the issue, even if I dont agree it is an issue, but im obviously just too far out of the loop to discuss this at all. Enjoy the thread!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    WoW devs are so wildly out of touch with their playerbase its insane.
    They are out of touch with reality in general.

omg this whole "pandering to China" shit needs to stop. China has a separate game to the rest of us. Stuff that they find objectionable has already been removed for the Chinese version of the game. So the version of the game the rest of the world plays will not be affected
    seriously, if China wants to isolate themselves so badly let them.

10+ Year Old Account
    The idea that a bunch of woke rogue developers are changing things in the game without the approval of management is nonsense. Just plain stupid to imagine this is how it works.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

I haven't seen a new thread or existing thread about this.

I've found this tweet of a Blizzard employee:

https://twitter.com/trulyaliem/statu...911025667?s=20

So if what I'm seeing is right, basically Team 2 went rogue on the game and are pissed they were found out. They did these changes against their "corporate overlords" because they wouldn't listen to their demands.

For the moderator, there is no thread about it open anymore. I can't see it on the general page.
    Sounds an awful lot like terrorism to me, but on the other hand I don't know if it's true

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    The idea that a bunch of woke rogue developers are changing things in the game without the approval of management is nonsense. Just plain stupid to imagine this is how it works.
    nonsense and plain stupid are defining traits of a solid amount of threads on this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Probably not rogue, by the work environment is probably just as, if not more toxic than before, with every demand a veiled threat of "We ruined them and we can ruin you too if we don't get our way." Leadership has already admitted the changes are coming from the dev team, and not from any kind of demand of the player base.

[Rothulivic] [Twitch] [Twitter] Signature by Serryn

Quote Originally Posted by Shin0mura View Post
    i Don't see this at all from the link+Tweets you provided.
    I am unsure how you can grasp that,, seems like a very big overrreach.
    Can you pls elaborate?
    That person says in their tweets that they changed things no one asked for but themselves, and that they were part of the demands towards their "corporate overlords". So they basically went rogue and hoped no one would discover these changes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Plutarch78 View Post
    Team 2 is now full of marxists who want to erase anything and everything that triggers them, yet yell 'la la la la" when it comes to player feedback (you know, the people who actually pay their salaries).
    I don't care what their policies are, they need to stop changing things no one asked for. Or they should quit if a fucking joke triggers them so much. Do you really want these softies to design a game around "warcraft"?

Yeah i never understand these things.

Now all the sexually harassed employees and all that stuff is fixed because a character was renamed and a painting was changed to fruit, and the evil corporate overlords only made a few million $ extra instead of few million +1.

Also pretty sure the overall post aint true, average worker doesnt have the rights to change anything and pretty positive there would be massive law repercussions, no one is that stupid.

Sounds like an irrelevant dev trying to get more attion for something that is collectively decided.

Or the corporate gave a general command like "Change some things to clear out some things" and they went too far because they could.

If this is true, Team 2 should be fired immediately. Sabotaging the product because they are being spoiled brats, and then blaming the customers/business leadership for said "censorship art terrorism" is DEFINITELY highly incompetent and disgustingly vile behavior from people who should be professionals working at a career, not children from the local High School.

So in America where workers have about zero worker rights, people actually belive team 2 is making changes that the top is not ok with, if that was the case they would just be fired and replaced.

Quote Originally Posted by aceperson View Post
    the tweet makes no sense to me.

the starting tweet tries to defend all the censorship. then get's called out by califer. then the linked tweet is made which says that the changes they prior justified are not justified and are the result of corporate overlords.

either the changes are justified or they aren't. plus, if it really is entirely the overlords fault for these things, why are you going on strike against such blatant censorship that the player base and supposedly you don't like? this employee is trying to play both sides and failing horribly.
    It's just the inmates running the asylum now. It's probably best to just not think too much about it. There is also a decidely difference between removing some names and replacing people with fruit bowls. Also as Ybarra stated, Ion runs WoW and apprently he was very in touch with the team, so I'm not even sure what corporate overlords they mean. Anyway, at the end of the day the asylum's main export - wonky ash trays - will probably be the same after all this.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.