Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    I find this argument always odd, because it effectively exposes LFR just as a tool to prob up engagement metrics, rather than being genuine content for a more casual playerbase.

Like, people argued about whether LFR is good for the game or not, perhaps the better debate would be whether LFR is actually good content.
    There’s no reason it can’t both be an engagement metrics and actual content for casuals and I’d say in mop they hit that pretty well, though I can’t speak for lfr past mop as I don’t think I’ve done any.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Plutarch78 View Post
    Team 2 is now full of marxists who want to erase anything and everything that triggers them, yet yell 'la la la la" when it comes to player feedback (you know, the people who actually pay their salaries).
    This is also why i unsubbed, plus shadowbringers is a much better game atm and when i want to play wow i hop on private servers that dont replace women with bowls of fruit.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    As for the jokes/flirst, I suppose I wouldn't mind as much if we had them REPLACED instead of outright REMOVED.
    I’m more or less in the same boat, hoping that the jokes haven’t been replaced because they couldn’t get the voice actors in shuch notice so there will be new ones in the future.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    And who says that people who come here, don't also go to Reddit and official forums, saying same things? These places aren't mutually exclusive ya kno. And yes, these are all minorities, because average WoW player doesn't frequent these places. He plays for a few hours per week and didn't even hear about "pulling the ripcord" or harassment drama. They don't have to think about SL as a "success", they just do the stuff they have been always doing and it suits them. So ye, saying that you know what's the "general feeling" about the game basing only on polls on this and other sites is incorrect.
    Surveying responses in-game would get you the same opinions. Whether they’re new players, short term or long term players with strong correlation to tied opinion is a whole different chart.

This would be some interesting research and i’m surprised no one has done it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    Or you know they don’t have a problem with games having sexual innuendo’s or curse words but they have a problem with sexual harassers putting them in and while continuously harassing other employees.
    You know what your right, removing those sexual innuendos made the women no longer care about being harassed! amazing!!! Surely we should infantalize the entire game and then all will be healed! /s

Or you could not fuck with the game, and just punish the perpetrator who actually did things irl

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by panda040 View Post
    You know what your right, removing those sexual innuendos made the women no longer care about being harassed! amazing!!! Surely we should infantalize the entire game and then all will be healed! /s

Or you could not fuck with the game, and just punish the perpetrator who actually did things irl

If the people effected want a few things put in by abusers changed while also going after real world punishment I can’t say I’ll lose any sleep over it.
    Last edited by Lorgar Aurelian; 2021-10-25 at 03:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by panda040 View Post
    This is also why i unsubbed, plus shadowbringers is a much better game atm and when i want to play wow i hop on private servers that dont replace women with bowls of fruit.
    You know that is all nonsense right? Team 1 is the one that delivers you a broken expansion with no thought to the player experience, and Team 2 is the one that fixes it with the patches until Team 1 breaks it again with a new xpac. Wish people would think a bit more before getting triggered.

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    Yeah pretty much, also the devs of FFXIV aren't abusers and still managed to put that stuff in and no one got hurt.
    They're from Japan, a nation where if a woman is abused she's basically told "Oh poor dear, you're upset that someone finds you attractive." to the point that if it did happen, we would never know about it because of how work culture is in that country

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    They're from Japan, a nation where if a woman is abused she's basically told "Oh poor dear, you're upset that someone finds you attractive." to the point that if it did happen, we would never know about it because of how work culture is in that country
    FFXIV actually did have sexual harassment stuff come out a couple months ago just no one cared because blizzard is getting all the spot light.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Perscilal...5Es1_&ref_url=

If the people effected want a few things put in by abusers changed while also going after real world punishment I can’t say I’ll lose any sleep over it.
    Except... it's not just "a few things", is it?

7+ Year Old Account
    Except... it's not just "a few things", is it?
    It really is. Two art assets, two quest, flirts, a few npc names and that’s about it.

FFXIV actually did have sexual harassment stuff come out a couple months ago just no one cared because blizzard is getting all the spot light.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Perscilal...5Es1_&ref_url=
    To be fair if it didn't directly effect the game and blizzard didn't release a shit expansion no one would care here either.

It really is. Two art assets, two quest, flirts, a few npc names and that’s about it.
    Very unlikely that's the end of it. This is probably just things are easier to implement upfront for taking little resources.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Postmasters View Post
    To be fair if it didn't directly effect the game and blizzard didn't release a shit expansion no one would care here either.
    Even if it didn’t effect the game people would flame blizzard, though a better expan would make it pass right under the bridge.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    Very unlikely that's the end of it. This is probably just things are easier to implement upfront for taking little resources.
    So far they haven’t replaced any of the stuff taken out so the resources needed are pretty much Null so they could remove petty much any thing with little effort.

Ion needs to speak up more. I'm so sick of these twitter devs becoming the face of WoW.

People shit on him but I think id rather have a converasation with him than a lot of the other devs. He is the game director ffs not these pronouns and "opinions are my own" virtue "systems designers"

That's not "a few things". A ton of flirts and jokes were outright removed, and those picture frame assets were seen in a lot of places.

Many of those weren't in bad taste at all, mind you.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GratsDing45 View Post
    Ion needs to speak up more. I'm so sick of these twitter devs becoming the face of WoW.

People shit on him but I think id rather have a converasation with him than a lot of the other devs. He is the game director ffs not these pronouns and "opinions are my own" virtue "systems designers"
    The bad thing is that systems designers seems to be everything the game has been left with :/
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

7+ Year Old Account
    That's not "a few things". A ton of flirts and jokes were outright removed, and those picture frame assets were seen in a lot of places.

Many of those weren't in bad taste at all, mind you.
    There’s like what tens of thousands of lines of text/thousands of voiced dialogue in game and like a hundred framed pictures and few hundred un framed ones in game, I’d say the amount changed comes to a relative few.

Its actually kinda interesting to see how much of the we must support the victims against evil Activision Blizzard mentality that just vanished the moment the victims started to want to make changes to the game.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raven View Post
    Its actually kinda interesting to see how much of the we must support the victims against evil Activision Blizzard mentality that just vanished the moment the victims started to want to make changes to the game.
    Being a victim doesn't automatically make you right on everything you do, though. Your point?
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.