Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

Blizzard is removing all races starting gear and replacing it with basic human gear

What the fuck, why are they doing this? This looks like mobile tier generic trash.
    One step closer to making the game as bland as possible. They really are removing more than they add.

Here's the entire list

https://ptr.wowhead.com/news/new-sta...tarting-324044

Bruh... why are they doing this? Why?

Quote Originally Posted by Overlordd View Post

What the fuck, why are they doing this? This looks like mobile tier generic trash.
    One step closer to making the game as bland as possible. They really are removing more than they add.

Here's the entire list

https://ptr.wowhead.com/news/new-sta...tarting-324044

What did they remove when they added this? Havnt done a fresh toon in a long time outside of classic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

Oh no! Gear that is gone seconds after you log into the game. Whatever will we do?

The new sets look really good. I just wish they weren't removing the old ones in the process

Quote Originally Posted by Skirdus View Post
    The new sets look really good. I just wish they weren't removing the old ones in the process
    Basically my take

Not the first time they've done this either. Before Cata, you started with a unique shirt based on your race and class. IIRC some of those shirts were later added back to the game as items you could buy from a vendor.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jellmoo View Post
    Oh no! Gear that is gone seconds after you log into the game. Whatever will we do?
    Some people would like to collect those items for RP.

Human potential

Hopefully over the course of time they’ll upgrade all the old armour textures. These look fine, it’s just starter gear you’ll replace after ten mins of play time anyway
    'Words do not win wars. That is a tragedy.'

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    What did they remove when they added this? Havnt done a fresh toon in a long time outside of classic.
    Every piece of starting gear you see in classic. Like when you make a shaman as an orc versus a human mage vs a night elf hunter. Those clothes are removed in 9.1.5 and being replaced by generic class stuff for every race.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Some people would like to collect those items for RP.
    Sure, but it's not like there isn't a metric buttload of other low level gear available for just such a purpose.

This reads like someone who would still play WoW if everything was replaced with red squares and green dots. "Battle from red square to red square with your amazing green dot paladin!!!"

Why have any gear at all? Why have races or zones? Just buttons and numbers and little circles you can move out of the bad circles and boom, you're playing WoW. Right?

Sure, but it's not like there isn't a metric buttload of other low level gear available for just such a purpose.
    Transmogs are unique in their appearance, and taking certain transmogs out of the game is only to the detriment of people who want to use said appearance.

There's no reason they can't stick the old gear on some vendor somewhere like they did with the aforementioned shirts they removed from the game as well

I actually really like these new sets, they look really clean for starter sets, and its about time they got updated, I think.

I think there are already vendors in the starter zones that sell plain armor, aren't there? I know there's one in Northshire that's literally like two steps from spawn. All Blizzard would have to do is just put the old starter armor on those vendors, right? Trying to ask Blizzard to do this, if you want it, seems like the thing to do, then, instead of immediately defaulting to bitch-fit outrage over the slightest change.

I don't really care too much about the starter armor anyway since it gets replaced immediately, so if they don't do something like this, I won't miss it too much, at least not more than I like the assets that replace them.

Quote Originally Posted by CalamityHeart View Post
    I actually really like these new sets, they look really clean for starter sets, and its about time they got updated, I think.

I think there are already vendors in the starter zones that sell plain armor, aren't there? I know there's one in Northshire that's literally like two steps from spawn. All Blizzard would have to do is just put the old starter armor on those vendors, right? Trying to ask Blizzard to do this, if you want it, seems like the thing to do, then, instead of immediately defaulting to bitch-fit outrage over the slightest change.

I don't really care too much about the starter armor anyway since it gets replaced immediately, so if they don't do something like this, I won't miss it too much, at least not more than I like the assets that replace them.
    It looks good...

For a human.
    These outfits dont fit other races at all.
    Can you imagine an orc in that?
    Well look no further...
    https://imgur.com/a/enc219T

How are u guys okay with this shit?

- - - Updated - - -

Okay and why aren't you mad that they are wasting their time making gear that is going to be replaced anyway? Nice logic there.

Quote Originally Posted by Amnaught View Post
    This reads like someone who would still play WoW if everything was replaced with red squares and green dots. "Battle from red square to red square with your amazing green dot paladin!!!"

Why have any gear at all? Why have races or zones? Just buttons and numbers and little circles you can move out of the bad circles and boom, you're playing WoW. Right?
    Yes. Because gear that you wear for literal seconds until you pop on your heirlooms i of such utter importance, Or, if you're a brand new player, gear that is replaced in 30 minutes of play time in the starting area. The sky is clearly falling here.

Quote Originally Posted by The Vindicator View Post
    It looks cool - who cares
    Clearly you care cause you bother to comment.
    Can we please just report stupid comments like this?

- - - Updated - - -

Yes. Because gear that you wear for literal seconds until you pop on your heirlooms i of such utter importance, Or, if you're a brand new player, gear that is replaced in 30 minutes of play time in the starting area. The sky is clearly falling here.
    So you're okay with them designing gear and wasting dev time on outfits that are going to be instantly replaced to your logic? Hahahaha. Yeah, okay.

Looks really stupid on anything but humans/alliance

They could of at least not been lazy enough and made different versions that went better for the Horde races.

That or you know, just have gave us HD versions of the old starting armor.

Quote Originally Posted by Skirdus View Post
    Transmogs are unique in their appearance, and taking certain transmogs out of the game is only to the detriment of people who want to use said appearance.

There's no reason they can't stick the old gear on some vendor somewhere like they did with the aforementioned shirts they removed from the game as well
    Are they unique though? Are they not actually reused for other pieces of low level gear?

There are no robes prettier than the Blood Elf starting robes, change my mind.

It doesnt matter if there are "other choices". Theyre removing choices we've had since 2004. Its not hard to put them on a vendor if they cant commit to just.... Updating them.

So you're okay with them designing gear and wasting dev time on outfits that are going to be instantly replaced to your logic? Hahahaha. Yeah, okay.
    What dev time? They are simply newly created art assets which are being added to the game to make starting characters look better. They will likely be reused in other places as well, like pretty much all of their low level assets.