Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jellmoo View Post
    Are they unique though? Are they not actually reused for other pieces of low level gear?
    A rare few of the appearances are available on other items.

The blood elf robes are not among those.

Also they didnt add in all the old shirts to vendors; some are still unobtainable.

Quote Originally Posted by The Vindicator View Post
    It looks cool - who cares
    It's painted on armor.. cool is not the word I'd be using.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Blizzard: lets give more customizations!
    Also Blizzard: let's give every race the same bland boring outfit

ROFL!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Amnaught View Post
    There are no robes prettier than the Blood Elf starting robes, change my mind.

It doesnt matter if there are "other choices". Theyre removing choices we've had since 2004. Its not hard to put them on a vendor if they cant commit to just.... Updating them.
    Well I can't talk about the subjectivity of what robes you like, but I digress...

And I don't disagree. Add them to a vendor, absolutely. I just don't think that this is anything approaching a 'big deal'. It's just a design choice made for starting characters.

What dev time? They are simply newly created art assets which are being added to the game to make starting characters look better. They will likely be reused in other places as well, like pretty much all of their low level assets.
    What dev time would it take to put the old appearances on the level 1-5 armor vendors that are already in every starting zone?

What dev time? They are simply newly created art assets which are being added to the game to make starting characters look better. They will likely be reused in other places as well, like pretty much all of their low level assets.
    Ah I see you work at Blizzard? Surely these outfits just appeared out of thin air and no one worked on them or didn't waste time because you got called out on your BS with your own backwards reasoning?

- - - Updated - - -

Well I can't talk about the subjectivity of what robes you like, but I digress...

And I don't disagree. Add them to a vendor, absolutely. I just don't think that this is anything approaching a 'big deal'. It's just a design choice made for starting characters.
    Not a big deal according to you. Every race has unique starting set and you're going to take it away and say giving the same bland appearance to every race is somehow an improvement? Okay.

Good thing you don't speak for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Overlordd View Post
    Ah I see you work at Blizzard? Surely these outfits just appeared out of thin air and no one worked on them or didn't waste time because you got called out on your BS with your own backwards reasoning?
    Read my answer again. Then read it again so that you actually understand what I wrote. I literally covered what you just said already.

- - - Updated - - -

A
    Not a big deal according to you. Every race has unique starting set and you're going to take it away and say giving the same bland appearance to every race is somehow an improvement? Okay.

Good thing you don't speak for everyone.
    No, I don't. I speak for myself. Feel free to ignore what I'm saying. That's perfectly fine. Let me stress this then : In my opinion, this is a non issue since that starter gear is disgarded almost immediately. There are far, FAR more pressing issues with the game than what starter gear new toons have.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skirdus View Post
    Transmogs are unique in their appearance, and taking certain transmogs out of the game is only to the detriment of people who want to use said appearance.

There's no reason they can't stick the old gear on some vendor somewhere like they did with the aforementioned shirts they removed from the game as well
    None of the items being taken out are transmogable they are only useful to RPers who keep the items on them to swap into.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Updating starting armor is generally not a bad idea, however that got the same skin across every race is stupid.

A light blue+White robe might look okay on a Human Mage, on Undead or Orc, not so much.

Read my answer again. Then read it again so that you actually understand what I wrote. I literally covered what you just said already.

- - - Updated - - -

No, I don't. I speak for myself. Feel free to ignore what I'm saying. That's perfectly fine. Let me stress this then : In my opinion, this is a non issue since that starter gear is disgarded almost immediately. There are far, FAR more pressing issues with the game than what starter gear new toons have.
    So newly created art assets don't take up any dev time whatsoever? Did a computer generate them without the help of a human?

I don't know how you can justify removing more armor sets in the game, then readding basic same sets for every race, and then see that as an improvement.

Literally takes away the lack of detail and cultures between races, but I guess you're very easily pleased or you have 0 concept on how RPGs work.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Updating starting armor is generally not a bad idea, however that got the same skin across every race is stupid.

A light blue+White robe might look okay on a Human Mage, on Undead or Orc, not so much.
    If it applied to only Exiles Reach, I would be cool with that. I don't get applying it to older zones. Its not like new players can even touch that content if they want too.

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    If it applied to only Exiles Reach, I would be cool with that. I don't get applying it to older zones. Its not like new players can even touch that content if they want too.
    This would be okay in my book. Exile's reach is already as sterile and bland as can be.

So newly created art assets don't take up any dev time whatsoever? Did a computer generate them without the help of a human?
    Sigh. Re-read what I said. Again. You know what, never mind, I'll just re-state it. They are just art assets created for the game, to be used anywhere. They dedcided to pop them into starting gear. They are very likely to reuse them in other places as well. This didn't take up some large chunk of dev time like you seem to be implying.

I don't know how you can justify removing more armor sets in the game, then readding basic same sets for every race, and then see that as an improvement.
    I'm not saying that I am justifying it or that it's an improvement. I'm saying I don't care. That it doesn't matter. That this is gear that is discarded almost immediately and is therefore not particularly important.

Literally takes away the lack of detail and cultures between races, but I guess you're very easily pleased or you have 0 concept on how RPGs work.
    That would be more of a valid point if there weren't other pieces of gear already in the game that do just that. If it's some random piece of starter gear that makes or breaks an RPG for you, then I don't think I'm the one that is struggling with the concept of an RPG. But you do you dude.

If you don't care, why bother to post? I care about these old sets, you don't. Argument ended there. Hope Blizzard sees this tho bro.

If you don't care, why bother to post? I care about these old sets, you don't. Argument ended there. Hope Blizzard sees this tho bro.
    Because this is a forum where people share thoughts and ideas, and isn't just an echo chamber for you opinion. You care about starter sets. Cool. That's great. This is literally the least important change I think they could mke for me, therefore don't care about the change. Hence me voicing my opinion.

5+ Year Old Account
    Gear that is gone seconds after you log into the game.
    Which begs the question of why to create it in the first place, if it's going to be as ephemeral as you put it.

OT: it would be much better to have the old starting gear on a vendor and make it moggable, for a baby murloc's sake.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Because this is a forum where people share thoughts and ideas, and isn't just an echo chamber for you opinion. You care about starter sets. Cool. That's great. This is literally the least important change I think they could mke for me, therefore don't care about the change. Hence me voicing my opinion.
    I didn't see much thoughts or ideas from you in this thread, besides lapping up everything that Blizzard does. Don't take it personal.
    And the way you shoot down opinions of others with whataboutism. "HURR DURR YOU CAN'T COMPLAIN ABOUT RPG ASPECTS BECAUSE WHAT ABOUT OTHER STUFF THAT GOT CHANGED, THAT MEANS YOU SHOULD NEVER OPEN YOUR VOICE ABOUT OTHER STUFF".

I didn't see much thoughts or ideas from you in this thread, besides lapping up everything that Blizzard does. Don't take it personal.
    And the way you shoot down opinions of others with whataboutism. "HURR DURR YOU CAN'T COMPLAIN ABOUT RPG ASPECTS BECAUSE WHAT ABOUT OTHER STUFF THAT GOT CHANGED, THAT MEANS YOU SHOULD NEVER OPEN YOUR VOICE ABOUT OTHER STUFF".
    Dude... Are you okay? Because I'm quite literally not doing that. I've been very clear that this is my opinion and nothing more. Somebody suggested putting the gear on a vendor and that sounds perfectly reasonable to me (like I said). So I'm not sure what you're reading with my posts, but it isn't actually what I'm writing.

the new sets look really bad it seems all the talent at blizz is spent creating ambience and zones while armor and character models are the intern's job
    ...that's just my opinion, anyway.

All of this cosmological stuff is too boring for me. I'd like to get Warcraft back, please. my thing is killing defias and orcs.

Bruh... why are they doing this? Why?

get with the times, grampa