Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jellmoo View Post
    Dude... Are you okay? Because I'm quite literally not doing that. I've been very clear that this is my opinion and nothing more. Somebody suggested putting the gear on a vendor and that sounds perfectly reasonable to me (like I said). So I'm not sure what you're reading with my posts, but it isn't actually what I'm writing.
    That would be more of a valid point if there weren't other pieces of gear already in the game that do just that. If it's some random piece of starter gear that makes or breaks an RPG for you, then I don't think I'm the one that is struggling with the concept of an RPG. But you do you dude.
    Your opinion was that you didn't care. Now you suddenly change opinion when called out? I don't understand you.

Quote Originally Posted by Overlordd View Post
    Your opinion was that you didn't care. Now you suddenly change opinion when called out? I don't understand you.
    I... Dude, what aren't you understanding here? I don't care about this change. I don't think it's worth being upset about. It is of little to no importance to me. That is my opinion. If others are upset, I'm sorry to hear it, and adding something like a vendor to keep the gear in the game seems like a perfectly reasonable compromise.

But again, I do not care about this change. At all. Out of all the changes that they have made recently, to me, this is the least impactful thing they have done.

Does that clear this up for you?

10+ Year Old Account
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I don't even see the problem the sets look neat....your gonna be replacing them minutes into the game anyway.

What the fuck, why are they doing this? This looks like mobile tier generic trash.
    One step closer to making the game as bland as possible. They really are removing more than they add.

Here's the entire list

https://ptr.wowhead.com/news/new-sta...tarting-324044

Bruh... why are they doing this? Why?
    Dumb MMOC-Rage exists.

Reality: https://www.bluetracker.gg/wow/topic...ow-before-112/

Touch some grass.

More generic garbage, even horde has to wear this trash.

Yikes, thank you for the reminder.. Looks like I'll be reinstalling onto my new harddrive sooner than I thought, to go save these. :'(

Edit: Actually considering subscribing so I can mail them properly but it'll look like positive reception to 9.1.5.. lol
    Last edited by Archmage Xaxxas; 2021-10-23 at 12:56 AM.
    DRAGONMIRE BINGO
    2024 - 11.0 - The 10th Expansion - The 20th Anniversary of World of Warcraft
    For Azeroth!

Really, all humans should start with this shirt anyway.

Theyre working on letting the old gear still be acquired somehow....

"Blizzard
    Please don’t worry that any original starter gear might go away forever or become very rare.

We’re working on making all of those various older starter pieces available to players who want to obtain them."

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wo...112/1118580/53

10+ Year Old Account

What the fuck, why are they doing this? This looks like mobile tier generic trash.
    One step closer to making the game as bland as possible. They really are removing more than they add.

Here's the entire list

https://ptr.wowhead.com/news/new-sta...tarting-324044

Bruh... why are they doing this? Why?
    They finally made new starting gear, some looking better, but the old will be available by different means.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Skirdus View Post
    The new sets look really good. I just wish they weren't removing the old ones in the process
    But they are not, you will still be able to get it.

Now, I don't really care myself but the people defending it are just...weird. Like, Why are you carrying water for a bad decision to take away gear people like and not give an option to obtain it after?

Like, what does it hurt to have a vendor sell it or something? This is one of the many MANY bafflingly stupid decisions this idiotic team makes. It does nothing but anger people with zero benefit. It's almost like it's been done out of spite or something. Maybe a harasser made the gear and now they want to remove it out of spite? Idk, No explanation.

Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    Now, I don't really care myself but the people defending it are just...weird. Like, Why are you carrying water for a bad decision to take away gear people like and not give an option to obtain it after?

Like, what does it hurt to have a vendor sell it or something? This is one of the many MANY bafflingly stupid decisions this idiotic team makes. It does nothing but anger people with zero benefit. It's almost like it's been done out of spite or something. Maybe a harasser made the gear and now they want to remove it out of spite? Idk, No explanation.

Or read the answers, they are not removing the gear its still in the game, you will just be able to get it in other ways.

Quote Originally Posted by Skirdus View Post
    Transmogs are unique in their appearance, and taking certain transmogs out of the game is only to the detriment of people who want to use said appearance.

There's no reason they can't stick the old gear on some vendor somewhere like they did with the aforementioned shirts they removed from the game as well
    It's starter armor of common quality. It cannot be transmoged:

For context, current starter armor also cannot be transmoged, either, because it's common quality.

- - - Updated - - -

So you're okay with them designing gear and wasting dev time on outfits that are going to be instantly replaced to your logic? Hahahaha. Yeah, okay.
    You're kinda moving the goalposts now, if your complaint has gone from "making the game bland" to "wasting dev time on something that lasts only mere seconds".

Also, it doesn't matter if you "instantly replace" it, those textures can and likely will be used for NPCs.

What do you mean human gear? All gear is made by humans, all of it human gear. We can't make anything else.
    Regardless, it just seems to be class based now. It's not the end of the world. You are overeacting cause you see the preview on a human model.

Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    Why are you carrying water for a bad decision to take away gear people like and not give an option to obtain it after?
    You can't even transmog any of this stuff anyway. People "like" it in the sense that it sits in their bank doing nothing?

I'd prefer it if they made the old stuff available...and good news...

10+ Year Old Account
    So you're okay with them designing gear and wasting dev time on outfits that are going to be instantly replaced to your logic? Hahahaha. Yeah, okay.
    You might see it as waste, but an MMO has multiple stages of a journey, and therefore, multiple stages of developments that need to be retouched now and then, and finally, it was the starting gear's turn. A sorely needed thing, as well as, most likely not much design time gone into them compared to normal armor design.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Alga View Post
    Dumb MMOC-Rage exists.

Reality: https://www.bluetracker.gg/wow/topic...ow-before-112/

Touch some grass.
    Most sadly missed the part where they say the old pieces will be available by different means at some point.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

The new sets look flat and awful..

just more changes noone has asked for...

Quote Originally Posted by Garretdejiko View Post

get with the times, grampa
    Oh no a little cleavage. I hope you never have to go outside your eyes will be scarred. Stay away from the beach, and public pools especially.

Yeah this is a shitty idea.