Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Honestly, as to how the game goes, I'm amazed we didn't change away from the race-selected sets sooner. We're far from being singular struggling races to be a faction of powerful members supplied and supported by industrialized contracting either within our own or from contracted members outside.
    Well, if at least we got faction appropriate gear-sets I wouldn't mind too much. But still, our characters may be well integrated in their factions, it remains that their starting questlines are racially themed experiences, made to discover and elaborate on their cultures.

The starting gears were a visual part of this immersive experience and although they are now useless relics from a more RPG past, a lot of players really didn't want to see them replaced by the fucking armory of Northshire.

I see no problem with that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    I have never once in my life trolled or tried to troll anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Honestly, as to how the game goes, I'm amazed we didn't change away from the race-selected sets sooner. We're far from being singular struggling races to be a faction of powerful members supplied and supported by industrialized contracting either within our own or from contracted members outside.
    "how the game goes"? Yeah the game is devolving, according to your logic it should devolve more? Let's just throw away any kind of culture of the races and make them the same bland generic blabber.

Probably replacing the works of someone flirting with a female coworker

Quote Originally Posted by Skirdus View Post
    Transmogs are unique in their appearance, and taking certain transmogs out of the game is only to the detriment of people who want to use said appearance.

There's no reason they can't stick the old gear on some vendor somewhere like they did with the aforementioned shirts they removed from the game as well
    Is the old gear moggable? I thought white and grey studd didn't work with that system.

Warchief
    Quote Originally Posted by Amnaught View Post
    This reads like someone who would still play WoW if everything was replaced with red squares and green dots. "Battle from red square to red square with your amazing green dot paladin!!!"

Why have any gear at all? Why have races or zones? Just buttons and numbers and little circles you can move out of the bad circles and boom, you're playing WoW. Right?
    People like you are the type to complain about losing this gear while they still have it in their bags and can wear it. This affects no one.

You can put these sets on any race and they'll fit fine? I dont get how this is all human looking clothing. What does not human clothing look like?

they are okay looking sets but they are way too human themed.
    the report systems sucks and the mods are bias.

MMO-Champion members complaining for the sake of complaining as per usual. This is getting tiresome

This is a change that affects literally no one. You replace that gear in a matter of minutes, you can't transmog the gear so you use it for the first couple of levels and then never again. Yet, here we are talking like the world is ending and blizzard is shutting down the servers

WTF ???

Look at his ass (most right figure) ! I mean, all that stuff and ingame changes and then they do THIS paladin starter armor ???

either i am totally crazy or this looks like a naked ass ???

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Some people would like to collect those items for RP.
    If they wanted it they have it by now. Or you can go get it right now as I understand even.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    MMO-Champion members complaining for the sake of complaining as per usual. This is getting tiresome

This is a change that affects literally no one. You replace that gear in a matter of minutes, you can't transmog the gear so you use it for the first couple of levels and then never again. Yet, here we are talking like the world is ending and blizzard is shutting down the servers
    lol basically this.

All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Quote Originally Posted by Overlordd View Post
    Bruh... why are they doing this? Why?
    "Blizzard has announced that they're working on making the old starter gear available in the future."

Moving to the cash shop next year as "Look! New gear that will make your friends jealous! Only $15 for a full racial set!"

Quote Originally Posted by Al Gorefiend View Post
    You can put these sets on any race and they'll fit fine? I dont get how this is all human looking clothing. What does not human clothing look like?
    Perhaps you ought to roll an orc or a troll mage right now and compare their outfit to the human one.
    The Humans in Warcraft are Medieval European aesthetically wise. They're not wearing any tribal outfit.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    If they wanted it they have it by now. Or you can go get it right now as I understand even.

- - - Updated - - -

lol basically this.
    You guys are willfully being obtuse. The point is that it makes all the races more generic while the outfits they have now give them more flavour.

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post

Moreover, how many of the people complaining aren't subscribed and never will be. How many people start characters at level 1 these days so this would matter to them for the 5 minutes it would take before the gear was starting to be replaced? It is possible that when the gear is brought back to the game it will be part of the transmog system.
    “We live in a moment where everything immediately seems to default to outrage. There’s a kind of M.O. of either it’s exactly how I see it, or you’re my enemy.”

So you're okay with them designing gear and wasting dev time on outfits that are going to be instantly replaced to your logic? Hahahaha. Yeah, okay.
    "Dev" time to create starter outfits, lmao.

This is the reason no one except other people in this weird "i hate wow more than you do" circlejerk gives a shit about these complaints any more. You don't even know why you're mad, you just want to complain about literally anything, including things you don't understand.

You guys are willfully being obtuse. The point is that it makes all the races more generic while the outfits they have now give them more flavour.
    For what? Less than half a dozen quests in the starter zone?
    “We live in a moment where everything immediately seems to default to outrage. There’s a kind of M.O. of either it’s exactly how I see it, or you’re my enemy.”

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    For what? Less than half a dozen quests in the starter zone?
    Really who asked for this change? I liked cultural outfits for the races. It tells you about them. A shame they already gave everyoen the same generic weapons, it was bound to happen that the outfits would follow aswell.
    This is quite literally "fixing things that aren't broken".

You could really make the same argument regarding the new sets. For what are they changing them? For less than half a dozen quests in the starter zone? Apparently that question refrains to get asked and instead we're asking why people are bothered with this change instead.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nzx View Post
    "Dev" time to create starter outfits, lmao.

This is the reason no one except other people in this weird "i hate wow more than you do" circlejerk gives a shit about these complaints any more. You don't even know why you're mad, you just want to complain about literally anything, including things you don't understand.
    I know why I'm mad, you're just too ignorant to see it.
    "you just don't understand it", yet you fail to understand why races need flavour, different flavour besides their looks.

Really who asked for this change?
    When did Blizzard ever only make changes that were requested?

As for flavor, the sets will be back and presumably more amenable to be used in however someone wants to use them as transmog. Have all the flavor you want.

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    When did Blizzard ever only make changes that were requested?

As for flavor, the sets will be back and presumably more amenable to be used in however someone wants to use them as transmog. Have all the flavor you want.
    You can just say racial variety is bad.

Talk about a non-issue lol. "flavour" for your level 1 xmog? lol Heirloom gear will still look the same don't worry. If you like the gear put it in your bank. Prepare that it won't be around anymore. Assuming you actually gave a shit about the gear I imagine you'd already have them stored away and surely this thread isn't made just to complain for the sake of complaining...