Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Overlordd View Post
    Okay and why aren't you mad that they are wasting their time making gear that is going to be replaced anyway? Nice logic there.
    Because neither one is Important to get worked up over? Looking at the sets they seem fast enough to make and mostly are recolors of one another so no real-time was wasted? There are far more important things to get worked up over and this is not it. Will I miss the race special clothing? Sure will. Am I angry? No.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Have you seen my posts over the past few days? You should be asking yourself why I'm alive, not why I don't have friends.
    Change is inevitable, Growth is optional.

I know it's a ball ache, but why don't you just make a Blood Elf Mage, Priest and Warlock and send the starter robes over to your main/character your keeping, and put the robes in the bank?
    Same with the Night Elf Mage, Priest and Druid robes?

I don't like the new starter gear as I believe each race should be able to stand out, but their are ways and means to go about this, before 2nd/3rd November.

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    You can't even transmog any of this stuff anyway. People "like" it in the sense that it sits in their bank doing nothing?

I'd prefer it if they made the old stuff available...and good news...
    Well look at the time this thread was created vs when Blizzard put up that message. I still think it's a bad idea. It gave the races more flavor. Something I noticed but Orcs used to start with an axe if they were a warrior. Now they start with a sword and shield, which doesn't fit Orcish culture.

Blizzard is just lazy. These robes clearly are made for a human. It doesn't match Orcish culture. Blizzard is just lazy, just lazy. Plain and simple.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Keristrasza View Post
    Because neither one is Important to get worked up over? Looking at the sets they seem fast enough to make and mostly are recolors of one another so no real-time was wasted? There are far more important things to get worked up over and this is not it. Will I miss the race special clothing? Sure will. Am I angry? No.
    Okay just because you let things slide over your head doesn't mean I should.

They're doing their best removing RPG aspects of the game.

It's really a tough move, Blizzard is out of control. I'm not sure if I will be able to look at new chars for the 10s before their geir is replaced with heirlooms.

Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    It's really a tough move, Blizzard is out of control. I'm not sure if I will be able to look at new chars for the 10s before their geir is replaced with heirlooms.
    Heirlooms don't matter anymore and besides, I enjoy levelling up from scratch without them, even though I own 95% of all heirlooms.
    I used them for twinking most of the time, and since they're nerfed I don't see a point in them anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Dellis0991 View Post
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I don't even see the problem the sets look neat....your gonna be replacing them minutes into the game anyway.
    True, but it's all human-styled, again.

Sure, you replace it all within minutes (Or seconds, in case of a 'loomed-out alt), but humans? AGAIN? *REALLY?*

they look fine, except the mail one. its low detail and looks stretched, it will look even worse one bigger races.
    eventhough they look "fine" i would also prefer more imagination and effort put into gear appearence, from starting gear to end-game gear.
    when questing, the gear we get looks the same, just with a little recolor. would be cool if the gear matched the theme of the zone. nelf gear in nelf zones, dwarf gear in dwarf zones etc, desert gear in tanaris, jungle gear in stranglethorn etc.
    i miss tier sets. atm all classes looks like a death knight, and the only difference between lfr/mythic/glad gear is a recolor. its lazy.

Quote Originally Posted by jellmoo View Post
    Oh no! Gear that is gone seconds after you log into the game. Whatever will we do?
    first impression is important if you wanna attract new players.
    Last edited by mojusk; 2021-10-23 at 09:48 AM.

Well look at the time this thread was created vs when Blizzard put up that message. I still think it's a bad idea. It gave the races more flavor. Something I noticed but Orcs used to start with an axe if they were a warrior. Now they start with a sword and shield, which doesn't fit Orcish culture.

Blizzard is just lazy. These robes clearly are made for a human. It doesn't match Orcish culture. Blizzard is just lazy, just lazy. Plain and simple.

- - - Updated - - -

Okay just because you let things slide over your head doesn't mean I should.

They're doing their best removing RPG aspects of the game.
    You are right about them removing RPG aspects of the game, but they are probably in an unrecoverable tailspin with players going to Final Fantasy and New World, permanently in droves. At this point they will just make panic moves based on the sex scandal and players no longer listening. Serves them right that after years of them not listening to players, players stopped caring what the developers are saying and walked away. WoW is no longer just dying, it's dead, and the few players still playing it are just picking scraps off the bones of the carcass.
    Last edited by khazmodan; 2021-10-23 at 09:17 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    this look rather soulless
    too bad for newcomers
    I don't understand why they remove things like the starter druid robe, priest, warlock, or mage, those are awesome
    but not too surprised; blizzard will keep getting lower revenues, employees fired, which is sad but not a surprise

edit: talked too fast, they just said they'll make the old gear available through some ways
    maybe they're not that lost after all
    Last edited by Cæli; 2021-10-23 at 10:14 AM.

So the news that I'm reading everywhere is that old starter sets will still be available. I come here and people are bitching that they are getting removed.

MMO-C at it's best.

Quote Originally Posted by khazmodan View Post
    You are right about them removing RPG aspects of the game, but they are probably in an unrecoverable tailspin with players going to Final Fantasy and New World, permanently in droves. At this point they will just make panic moves based on the sex scandal and players no longer listening. Serves them right that after years of them not listening to players, players stopped caring what the developers are saying and walked away. WoW is no longer just dying, it's dead, and the few players still playing it are just picking scraps off the bones of the carcass.
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    So the news that I'm reading everywhere is that old starter sets will still be available. I come here and people are bitching that they are getting removed.

MMO-C at it's best.

Look at the date it was posted, also doesn't make it okay.

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post

MMO-C at it's best.

If the old sets are staying, are they going to be added to the transmog wardrobe system?

Some of those starter Blood Elf robes look so good - especially the Mage one.

They should've at least add horde and alliance versions. Seeing orcs with blue/while clothes seems odd.

Quote Originally Posted by Amnaught View Post
    This reads like someone who would still play WoW if everything was replaced with red squares and green dots. "Battle from red square to red square with your amazing green dot paladin!!!"

Why have any gear at all? Why have races or zones? Just buttons and numbers and little circles you can move out of the bad circles and boom, you're playing WoW. Right?
    Nice strawman. You missed his point entirely. You are screaming about something that will be replaced in 10 minutes. Your strawman makes the screaming even more ridiculous.

5+ Year Old Account
    Well if Blizz is doing this. Why not revamp the EK and Kalimdor? playing through the Cata storyline 100 times gets boring. Give us some new stories cause the latest expansions really don't give enough.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skirdus View Post
    The new sets look really good. I just wish they weren't removing the old ones in the process
    They're working on a method to let you obtain the old starting gear.

@OP From the looks of it, they're doing this to fit in better with the 'fresh recruit' theme of Exile's Reach, where you would expect standard-issue equipment handed out to the new recruits to be, well, standardized. Do I wish they'd have set up different sets for Alliance and Horde? Yeah. But at least we know the old sets aren't going anywhere, and hopefully this is a step toward starting gear (and unique starting zone gear like Wandering Isle leveling gear) being added to transmogrification.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vrinara View Post
    Well if Blizz is doing this. Why not revamp the EK and Kalimdor? playing through the Cata storyline 100 times gets boring. Give us some new stories cause the latest expansions really don't give enough.
    My nonfunctional crystal ball says they're probably working on exactly this, following the same 'evergreen' idea they established with Exile's Reach and setting it up so 1-50 is Exile's Reach into Azeroth 3.0, able to smoothly flow into whatever the current expansion is from there.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Quote Originally Posted by Thage View Post
    They're working on a method to let you obtain the old starting gear.

@OP From the looks of it, they're doing this to fit in better with the 'fresh recruit' theme of Exile's Reach, where you would expect standard-issue equipment handed out to the new recruits to be, well, standardized. Do I wish they'd have set up different sets for Alliance and Horde? Yeah. But at least we know the old sets aren't going anywhere, and hopefully this is a step toward starting gear (and unique starting zone gear like Wandering Isle leveling gear) being added to transmogrification.
    I think many people would appreciate both sets being available for transmog.

The Blood Elf starter robes for Mages, Priests and Warlocks are 3 of the most favorable starter robes in the game.
    I also like the Night Elf starter robes for Druids, Priests and Mages.

Even if they simply made them "Green Quality" items, so they can be added, I'd be very happy.

ALSO:
    Where does it state that the old sets are going anywhere?
    Last edited by Tanaria; 2021-10-23 at 10:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Skirdus View Post
    Transmogs are unique in their appearance, and taking certain transmogs out of the game is only to the detriment of people who want to use said appearance.

There's no reason they can't stick the old gear on some vendor somewhere like they did with the aforementioned shirts they removed from the game as well
    Can you transmog to the appearance of white armor? If so, when did that change?

10+ Year Old Account
    Relax, the sky isn't falling, you can still get the original stuff:

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wo...112/1118580/53

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tanaria View Post
    ALSO:
    Where does it state that the old sets are going anywhere?
    It doesn't and apparently they aren't.
    I don't know the recipe for success, but I know that the recipe for failure is trying to please everyone.

Forum stupidity at its finest:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    Just because a word is in the dictionary doesn't mean it's true IRL.
    Allatar - EU Aszune | Allatar - D3 Career

Heirlooms don't matter anymore and besides, I enjoy levelling up from scratch without them, even though I own 95% of all heirlooms.
    I used them for twinking most of the time, and since they're nerfed I don't see a point in them anymore.
    Yeah well, in the later game I completely agree that heirlooms are utterly pointless now, but when you start a new character having enchanted heirlooms does make a giant difference particularly compared to having white items with no stats, since for example a single crit rating translates into huge amount of crit in the first levels, while later it does not really matter anymore.