Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    They did this in Cata too so it was only a matter of time that it was due for a new update.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Who cares about things like this? You swap this items in first 15minutes anyway... Its like some only play in starting gear or what?

The Lightbringer Rend Blackhand's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mic_128 View Post
    You'd be surprised. Pre-transmog, the shirts that some race/classes got were telling for a fair chunk of change.
    They still do however the pre-cataclysm starting shirts are now Green quality and can be transmogged. I have my eye on the Primitive Mantle for Horde Shaman but its contantly on AH for over 2 million.
    Me not that kind of Orc!

Quote Originally Posted by The Vindicator View Post
    It looks cool - who cares
    I care that, despite that, we can't transmogrify it apparently.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skirdus View Post
    Transmogs are unique in their appearance, and taking certain transmogs out of the game is only to the detriment of people who want to use said appearance.

There's no reason they can't stick the old gear on some vendor somewhere like they did with the aforementioned shirts they removed from the game as well
    They never returned most of the shirts, and if they did they became chest pieces unique to specific armor. You can find the real shirts on the AH for a high price.

10+ Year Old Account
    Take a look at the front page of MMO-C, blue post saying nothing is going away.
    I don't know the recipe for success, but I know that the recipe for failure is trying to please everyone.

Forum stupidity at its finest:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    Just because a word is in the dictionary doesn't mean it's true IRL.
    Allatar - EU Aszune | Allatar - D3 Career

10+ Year Old Account
    Wait... I thought they were just for humans... so all races get these? No individual starting sets for each race? I mean the sets looks lovely and well designed, but... every race set these human looking sets?

I am totally okay with them changing thee starting zone sets, the old ones look so dated so its about time, but still..
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    Wait... I thought they were just for humans... so all races get these? No individual starting sets for each race? I mean the sets looks lovely and well designed, but... every race set these human looking sets?

I am totally okay with them changing thee starting zone sets, the old ones look so dated so its about time, but still..
    Just going to be all the more jarring when you replace your fancy HD robes with [Frayed Robe] after killing your first boar

In communist Warcraft EVERYONE IS SAME!

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    except, I dunno if you've read the 2 dozen or so posts since OP posted explaining this, they're not removing anything!!!!!!
    You don't need to be so aggro !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I know there's a npc that will come to sell those gears. I'm just answering to what the problem was until they talked about that npc.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    But it is not to be removed but switched with newer gear, the old will be obtainable on different means. A lot of roleplayers love the idea of more updated 'common wear' as too much work is put into battle armor that the other options are dying out.
    Oh please, they are switching culturally adapted starting gear for basic human gear. Until we got the news about the old gear seller, they were removing a wide variety of appearances. We were losing things for a handful of updated sets.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DatToffer View Post
    Oh please, they are switching culturally adapted starting gear for basic human gear. Until we got the news about the old gear seller, they were removing a wide variety of appearances. We were losing things for a handful of updated sets.
    But it was confirmed, even before this thread was at 2 pages, that the old sets are not removed but are moved to be obtained differently? So, no loss or anything.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Mic_128 View Post
    You'd be surprised. Pre-transmog, the shirts that some race/classes got were telling for a fair chunk of change.
    Yeah, but shirts are purely cosmetic, so there's no need to transmog those, you can just wear the actual shirt and get the appearance without gimping yourself.

Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    Falassere: I’m gonna miss my old starting sets

Please don’t worry that any original starter gear might go away forever or become very rare.

We’re working on making all of those various older starter pieces available to players who want to

-----'
    Stop complaining.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Overlordd View Post

What the fuck, why are they doing this? This looks like mobile tier generic trash.
    One step closer to making the game as bland as possible. They really are removing more than they add.

Here's the entire list

https://ptr.wowhead.com/news/new-sta...tarting-324044

Bruh... why are they doing this? Why?
    who cares? 1 minute after login, you are covered in Heirlooms in all available slots, and the first time you reach Org/SW you transmog it to your favorite pieces.
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

But it was confirmed, even before this thread was at 2 pages, that the old sets are not removed but are moved to be obtained differently? So, no loss or anything.
    Yes. I saw a question "what is the problem ?"-> "of removing these old armors" and I answered. This was the problem. Now they're adding a npc so there's not a problem anymore.

I mean, there's still a general problem. Which is we don't like when they remove content. We still don't like that.

And also our characters won't start the adventure with culturally adapted gears. And those updated armors still feel like an half-done add of content, since they didn't update all the ancient starting gear. Which is why I can't agree with you that it's a decent switch.

3+ Year Old Account
    They should at least have distinct starting gear for the Alliance/Horde if not each race. Although lacking in other areas, something that ESO (the game I switched to) does really well is racial gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DatToffer View Post
    Yes. I saw a question "what is the problem ?"-> "of removing these old armors" and I answered. This was the problem. Now they're adding a npc so there's not a problem anymore.

I mean, there's still a general problem. Which is we don't like when they remove content. We still don't like that.

And also our characters won't start the adventure with culturally adapted gears. And those updated armors still feel like an half-done add of content, since they didn't update all the ancient starting gear. Which is why I can't agree with you that it's a decent switch.
    Honestly, as to how the game goes, I'm amazed we didn't change away from the race-selected sets sooner. We're far from being singular struggling races to be a faction of powerful members supplied and supported by industrialized contracting either within our own or from contracted members outside.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Umm...the items aren't being removed.

They'll still be available to all players. Y'all freaked out for no reason.

Honestly, as to how the game goes, I'm amazed we didn't change away from the race-selected sets sooner. We're far from being singular struggling races to be a faction of powerful members supplied and supported by industrialized contracting either within our own or from contracted members outside.
    Well, if at least we got faction appropriate gear-sets I wouldn't mind too much. But still, our characters may be well integrated in their factions, it remains that their starting questlines are racially themed experiences, made to discover and elaborate on their cultures.

The starting gears were a visual part of this immersive experience and although they are now useless relics from a more RPG past, a lot of players really didn't want to see them replaced by the fucking armory of Northshire.

I see no problem with that.