Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Honestly, as to how the game goes, I'm amazed we didn't change away from the race-selected sets sooner. We're far from being singular struggling races to be a faction of powerful members supplied and supported by industrialized contracting either within our own or from contracted members outside.
    "how the game goes"? Yeah the game is devolving, according to your logic it should devolve more? Let's just throw away any kind of culture of the races and make them the same bland generic blabber.

Probably replacing the works of someone flirting with a female coworker

Quote Originally Posted by Skirdus View Post
    Transmogs are unique in their appearance, and taking certain transmogs out of the game is only to the detriment of people who want to use said appearance.

There's no reason they can't stick the old gear on some vendor somewhere like they did with the aforementioned shirts they removed from the game as well
    Is the old gear moggable? I thought white and grey studd didn't work with that system.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amnaught View Post
    This reads like someone who would still play WoW if everything was replaced with red squares and green dots. "Battle from red square to red square with your amazing green dot paladin!!!"

Why have any gear at all? Why have races or zones? Just buttons and numbers and little circles you can move out of the bad circles and boom, you're playing WoW. Right?
    People like you are the type to complain about losing this gear while they still have it in their bags and can wear it. This affects no one.

You can put these sets on any race and they'll fit fine? I dont get how this is all human looking clothing. What does not human clothing look like?

they are okay looking sets but they are way too human themed.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

MMO-Champion members complaining for the sake of complaining as per usual. This is getting tiresome

This is a change that affects literally no one. You replace that gear in a matter of minutes, you can't transmog the gear so you use it for the first couple of levels and then never again. Yet, here we are talking like the world is ending and blizzard is shutting down the servers

WTF ???

Look at his ass (most right figure) ! I mean, all that stuff and ingame changes and then they do THIS paladin starter armor ???

either i am totally crazy or this looks like a naked ass ???

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Quote Originally Posted by Overlordd View Post
    Bruh... why are they doing this? Why?
    "Blizzard has announced that they're working on making the old starter gear available in the future."

Moving to the cash shop next year as "Look! New gear that will make your friends jealous! Only $15 for a full racial set!"

Quote Originally Posted by Al Gorefiend View Post
    You can put these sets on any race and they'll fit fine? I dont get how this is all human looking clothing. What does not human clothing look like?
    Perhaps you ought to roll an orc or a troll mage right now and compare their outfit to the human one.
    The Humans in Warcraft are Medieval European aesthetically wise. They're not wearing any tribal outfit.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    If they wanted it they have it by now. Or you can go get it right now as I understand even.

- - - Updated - - -

lol basically this.
    You guys are willfully being obtuse. The point is that it makes all the races more generic while the outfits they have now give them more flavour.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    MMO-Champion members complaining for the sake of complaining as per usual. This is getting tiresome

This is a change that affects literally no one. You replace that gear in a matter of minutes, you can't transmog the gear so you use it for the first couple of levels and then never again. Yet, here we are talking like the world is ending and blizzard is shutting down the servers
    Moreover, how many of the people complaining aren't subscribed and never will be. How many people start characters at level 1 these days so this would matter to them for the 5 minutes it would take before the gear was starting to be replaced? It is possible that when the gear is brought back to the game it will be part of the transmog system.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

So you're okay with them designing gear and wasting dev time on outfits that are going to be instantly replaced to your logic? Hahahaha. Yeah, okay.
    "Dev" time to create starter outfits, lmao.

This is the reason no one except other people in this weird "i hate wow more than you do" circlejerk gives a shit about these complaints any more. You don't even know why you're mad, you just want to complain about literally anything, including things you don't understand.

10+ Year Old Account
    You guys are willfully being obtuse. The point is that it makes all the races more generic while the outfits they have now give them more flavour.
    For what? Less than half a dozen quests in the starter zone?
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    For what? Less than half a dozen quests in the starter zone?
    Really who asked for this change? I liked cultural outfits for the races. It tells you about them. A shame they already gave everyoen the same generic weapons, it was bound to happen that the outfits would follow aswell.
    This is quite literally "fixing things that aren't broken".

You could really make the same argument regarding the new sets. For what are they changing them? For less than half a dozen quests in the starter zone? Apparently that question refrains to get asked and instead we're asking why people are bothered with this change instead.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nzx View Post
    "Dev" time to create starter outfits, lmao.

This is the reason no one except other people in this weird "i hate wow more than you do" circlejerk gives a shit about these complaints any more. You don't even know why you're mad, you just want to complain about literally anything, including things you don't understand.
    I know why I'm mad, you're just too ignorant to see it.
    "you just don't understand it", yet you fail to understand why races need flavour, different flavour besides their looks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Really who asked for this change?
    When did Blizzard ever only make changes that were requested?

As for flavor, the sets will be back and presumably more amenable to be used in however someone wants to use them as transmog. Have all the flavor you want.

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    When did Blizzard ever only make changes that were requested?

As for flavor, the sets will be back and presumably more amenable to be used in however someone wants to use them as transmog. Have all the flavor you want.
    You can just say racial variety is bad.

Talk about a non-issue lol. "flavour" for your level 1 xmog? lol Heirloom gear will still look the same don't worry. If you like the gear put it in your bank. Prepare that it won't be around anymore. Assuming you actually gave a shit about the gear I imagine you'd already have them stored away and surely this thread isn't made just to complain for the sake of complaining...
    You should just stick to mobile games next time buddy. If you can't comprehend RPG values than just stick to easy, bland, generic mobile games.

- - - Updated - - -

The thing that what made the World of Warcraft so great, big and immersive was because the lack of detail wasn't there. The game was highly detailed and felt like a real fantasy world.
    These days players like Matheney2k just glance over things like they're nothing, unaware why the game has become so bland and boring.

Seriously though, you must be baiting at this point. That or people justify gatekeeping solely by the way you behave.

Damn this post made me sad. I'm so sorry for your loss.
    I accept your concession.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thage View Post
    They're working on a method to let you obtain the old starting gear.

@OP From the looks of it, they're doing this to fit in better with the 'fresh recruit' theme of Exile's Reach, where you would expect standard-issue equipment handed out to the new recruits to be, well, standardized. Do I wish they'd have set up different sets for Alliance and Horde? Yeah. But at least we know the old sets aren't going anywhere, and hopefully this is a step toward starting gear (and unique starting zone gear like Wandering Isle leveling gear) being added to transmogrification.

- - - Updated - - -

My nonfunctional crystal ball says they're probably working on exactly this, following the same 'evergreen' idea they established with Exile's Reach and setting it up so 1-50 is Exile's Reach into Azeroth 3.0, able to smoothly flow into whatever the current expansion is from there.
    It would just be nice to have new stories. Though idk if I would want a 1-50 exiles reach.

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I feel like this maybe one of the more pointless threads on MMO-C for a while. This only effects races from Classic/TBC and it's probably because the starter gear was that low quality texture wise they decided it needs updating. They've slowly been going around every expansion and some patches replacing some of the older low poly models for basic creatures because they were made around 2004 and it's now 17 years later.

For the most part, the new player experience is being made better quality. New starter sets that look decent in 2021, new starting zone (Exiles Reach) which serves as a good introduction to the game and the respective faction (plus faction themed set whilst levelling) and then straight into BFA questing which is pretty good quality. Over time the lower quality parts of the game made in Classic/TBC/WotLK era are slowly being replaced because they are old and Cataclysm is probably the base standard now for models.

The sets are basic, but they are well made and good quality, I really like these plain sets, they're nice to see. They'll add the OG gear somewhere from a vendor or something else (i.e. the sets originally used by Class previews were added to WoD Garrison salvage).

I decided to make a few low level chars on a starter account to see the OG sets again. I don't think the sets are badly designed, but they do look aged (the horde cloth on an Orc Male looks almost pixelated). Standouts for me are the Orc/Tauren/Troll cloth, Night Elf Druid, Human Paladin/Warrior and Draenei cloth but having made a new Orc Warrior and got to level 2 I already have new gloves, wrists and a quest for a new boots.
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )