Page 25 of 50 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    No, clearly not, but the soldiers are still treating the guns as guns and are firing them at other people to simulate a real-world scenario. The difference between the two is that those responsible for ensuring the safety of said guns and soldiers, are actually doing their job.

The actors aiming the guns at the camera and/or other actors wasn’t the issue here. It was lack of protocols and poor safety measures, with so-called “experts” that either didn’t know what they were doing or didn’t take it seriously enough. I mean, the weapons person, from what I’ve read, was out shooting that same gun with live rounds earlier.
    There are protocols which the guy didn't follow as an actor and as a producer. Does your husband forget to place or buy protective shielding for shoot scenes where he'll be pointing the gun at the camera?

Does your husband point and shoot a gun at anyone without being sure what's inside and what he's holding? I hope not.

If the armorer didn't follow his protocols then that's on him too. The actor and producer failed too and ultimately it was him that pointed a real gun and shoot a real bullet at someone. There isn't a need for only being one person responsible.
    Last edited by tikcol; 2021-11-08 at 03:10 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    There are protocols which the guy didn't follow as an actor and as a producer. Does your husband forget to place or buy protective shielding for shoot scenes where he'll be pointing the gun at the camera?
    "Executive Producer" is basically a meaningless title that carries no actual responsibilities.

And it certainly wouldn't be a producer's job to tell the head armorer what safety precautions were necessary.

Does your husband point and shoot a gun at anyone without being sure what's inside and what he's holding? I hope not.
    Literally a requirement, since any double-checking of the weapon's load invalidates the safety procedures that should be in place. It creates an opportunity for an unskilled person (the actor, in this case) to introduce elements that make the weapon unsafe, through ignorance.

You're demonstrating that you don't know what you're talking about.

If the armorer didn't follow his protocols then that's on him too. The actor and producer failed too and ultimately it was him that pointed a real gun and shoot a real bullet at someone. There isn't a need for only being one person responsible.
    No, but Baldwin won't carry any of that responsibility. Not unless you can determine that he was meaningfully responsible for the violations of safety protocols, either directly or by being in a position where he was ultimately responsible for decisions being made (and no, an EP credit doesn't qualify, you're gonna need more than that).

Blanks are still dangerous, the vast majority won't notice or care about moving to full cgi with guns.

10+ Year Old Account
    There are protocols which the guy didn't follow as an actor and as a producer.
    Those aren't protocols. Those are recommendations. I get that the distinction isn't important to you simply because you want to vilify Baldwin somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    Blanks are still dangerous, the vast majority won't notice or care about moving to full cgi with guns.
    Blanks aren't life-threatening as long as minimal safety protocols are followed. They're only life-threatening when coupled with extreme negligence. And the vast majority won't care if the current, effective safety standards are maintained.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Should we do the same with all stunts?

Shit, you're more likely to die while watching sporting events.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Should we do the same with all stunts?

Shit, you're more likely to die while watching sporting events.
    I'm honestly waiting for Scoobs to come in here and suggest that we ban Travis Scott or concerts in general, because otherwise "we're fine sacrificing people's lives for music".

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Blanks are only dangerous as close range(within 20 ft). And unless you are extremely close(right near the barrel), the worst that you will get is burned.

Is your husband a overpaid actor and producer on a set with multiple people that ignores all security procedures?
    That's the entire point of what she posted. That the problem isn't with "real guns" being on set...but that all the safety protocols that are meant to prevent this kind of thing were either handled poorly or ignored completely.

- - - Updated - - -

Climbing a ladder is still dangerous, the vast majority won't notice or care about moving to full cgi with climbing ladders.

Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    I'm honestly waiting for Scoobs to come in here and suggest that we ban Travis Scott or concerts in general, because otherwise "we're fine sacrificing people's lives for music".
    It's clearly the only logical solution. We must ban everything that has ever even been loosely related to a death.

Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    That's the entire point of what she posted. That the problem isn't with "real guns" being on set...but that all the safety protocols that are meant to prevent this kind of thing were either handled poorly or ignored completely.

- - - Updated - - -

Climbing a ladder is still dangerous, the vast majority won't notice or care about moving to full cgi with climbing ladders.
    Exactly, no one really cares except for a tiny minority.

Exactly, no one really cares except for a tiny minority.
    Weird take on what I said...do you really think we should also replace all ladders on movie sets with CGI as well?

Weird take on what I said...do you really think we should also replace all ladders on movie sets with CGI as well?
    Better yet, how about we replace all actors on set with CGI? Nobody can ever get hurt that way. And on the plus side, you can have them do all kinds of stunts that they normally wouldn't be able to do.

I mean, that is what people are arguing about here. Might as well as remove the one part of it that is always the issue, the actor. Full CGI.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gondrin View Post
    Better yet, how about we replace all actors on set with CGI? Nobody can ever get hurt that way. And on the plus side, you can have them do all kinds of stunts that they normally wouldn't be able to do.

I mean, that is what people are arguing about here. Might as well as remove the one part of it that is always the issue, the actor. Full CGI.
    Then we also need AI generated voice actors. What if someone got hurt from a microphone?!

Quote Originally Posted by ghotihook View Post
    Then we also need AI generated voice actors. What if someone got hurt from a microphone?!
    Someones gotta mix the sound too. What if they stub their toe on all that equipment?

No. We gotta stop making movies altogether. It's the only way to be 100% sure that no one is ever hurt making a movie.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Someones gotta mix the sound too. What if they stub their toe on all that equipment?

No. We gotta stop making movies altogether. It's the only way to be 100% sure that no one is ever hurt making a movie.
    Shit, you're right. Don't worry, when the AI take over, we wont have to worry about this.

Quote Originally Posted by ghotihook View Post
    Shit, you're right. Don't worry, when the AI take over, we wont have to worry about this.
    I hope the AI doesn't start making movies and getting themselves hurt. I cant live with that on my conscience.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope the AI doesn't start making movies and getting themselves hurt. I cant live with that on my conscience.
    But how are we going to watch the movies? I mean, think of all the photosensitive epileptics out there! I, for one, and not fine with sacrificing them on the altar of entertainment.

Maybe the AIs can watch the movies for us, too?

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    But how are we going to watch the movies? I mean, think of all the photosensitive epileptics out there! I, for one, and not fine with sacrificing them on the altar of entertainment.

Maybe the AIs can watch the movies for us, too?
    WEll, I mean, the first thing the AI's are going to do is to decide that we can't be allowed to hurt ourselves anymore. The most efficient way of that happening is for them to kill us all first. We can't hurt ourselves if we're all dead.

WEll, I mean, the first thing the AI's are going to do is to decide that we can't be allowed to hurt ourselves anymore. The most efficient way of that happening is for them to kill us all first. We can't hurt ourselves if we're all dead.
    (in Morgan Freeman's voice) "And this is how the sci-fi movie The Terminator became reality."

Quote Originally Posted by gondrin View Post
    (in Morgan Freeman's voice) "And this is how the sci-fi movie The Terminator became reality."
    And it all started from using CG to replace guns on movie sets.

That's the Law of Unintended Consequences at work.