Cool Need help knowing what healer to pick

I have not healed since MoP I really would like to get back into it. I healed as a Holy pally in MoP and never got into melee healing. So what class is most like MoP Hpally now?

Holy Paladin or Holy Priest, I'd probably stick to paladin since many of the spells are the same and the general playstyle is similar. We haven't really gotten 'new' stuff since MoP, just borrowed power so it's fine that you missed it.
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

Holy Paladins are still beastly tank healers as they have always been. They changed, however, in the regard that their mastery requires proximity to the targets they're healing, so they're essentially a melee healer.

Quote Originally Posted by GothamCity View Post
    Holy Paladin or Holy Priest, I'd probably stick to paladin since many of the spells are the same and the general playstyle is similar. We haven't really gotten 'new' stuff since MoP, just borrowed power so it's fine that you missed it.
    Is there a lot of attacking the boss like to build holy power? I don't like the feel of basically being a disc priest.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arazen View Post
    Holy Paladins are still beastly tank healers as they have always been. They changed, however, in the regard that their mastery requires proximity to the targets they're healing, so they're essentially a melee healer.
    Will I need to let go of what I think a pally is or will it still be close enough to still give me the same feel?

I used to play both. Each healer has their own benefit. Druids were mostly AoE heals, but priests could bring both depending on how you spec'd.

Really it depends on what end game you're looking at.
    If you're going for High mythic+ keys, id say go Hpally. They have insane (probably unmatched even) small group healing.
    If you're going for Raiding, I'd say Priest or Resto shammy, because both offer a huge spread of AoE healing, where pally would be extremely lacking.

Holy Paladins are still melee healers and they are having a hell of a good time in this expansion.
    If you're doing dungeons/pvp then you go Kyrian and enjoy an effective LoH on 1m CD.
    If you're doing raids then you go Venthyr and enjoy being top DPS while being top Healer every 4 minutes.