Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinured View Post
    @crusadernero

how many of those studios got succesful?
    let me tell you: 0.

so evidence points out this has a high chance to fail aswell.
    glad i could teach you how common sense works
    maybe they dont bother rushing anything? Why would they? Do they even need to?

Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    You got a problem with indie games, bruv?
    I know I do... I bought a really good card game only for it to randomly turn into an ARG about how fucking hitler used a magic computer code to trap people's souls in video games that satan gave him.

I kinda hate indie devs atm.

You know, I wish them all the best and everything, but it's not really newsworthy until they've actually produced something tangible.

Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    You got a problem with indie games, bruv?
    Some of my favorite games are indie, brav :P

But they're clearly banking on Blizzard fame to get things going, when they don't have the manpower to do anything other than a very small project. Can an MMORPG designer transition to indie that easily? Eh.

Quote Originally Posted by Ealyssa View Post
    Yay for another empty studio announcing nothing, so fresh and different.
    basically this, this is like 5th time I see announcement of NOTHING made by FORMER BLIZZARD WORKERS

Quote Originally Posted by FAILoZOFF View Post
    basically this, this is like 5th time I see announcement of NOTHING made by FORMER BLIZZARD WORKERS
    i mean do you want them to just.....provide you with a alpha or something right now? This is an early stage, so the only thing we can expect is something in the next 3-4 years.

Maybe before building worlds build a logo that doesn't look like it was designed by a vocational school graphic design major dropout.

Quote Originally Posted by gaaara View Post
    i mean do you want them to just.....provide you with a alpha or something right now? This is an early stage, so the only thing we can expect is something in the next 3-4 years.
    I mean it's not unreasonable to expect some stated project. If you don't have a game in mind why even start a studio?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    I mean it's not unreasonable to expect some stated project. If you don't have a game in mind why even start a studio?
    They are after funding presumably.

Let's see what they churn out in 5-8 years. Most likely it will be shit but I am always ready to be surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelangel View Post
    This guy designed ... Shadow Priest revamp for SL?
    Yeah SP SL revamp is very good.
    Too bad he was also involved in the priest class design in the previous 5 expacs when SP has been unenjoyable to varying degrees. Voidform was really inexcusable and it lasted multiple expacs.

If they put out a quality game or more then great. Until then they are just another ex-WoW dev among the plenty that haven't done much. Maybe once they release something in a few years, I'll recall their name.

So, how many studios are there now from former Blizz devs? Why don't they make one big studio and work together?

Their biggest investor is Riot, who are going to want their money back ASAP. Whatever it is will be rushed out the door and they're hoping their "ex WoW Dev" tag will boost sales, despite them being the worst of the worst. Obviously Ghostcrawler will be a part of it since he was hinting at a Riot mmo awhile back.

i wonder which of those where abusers just trying to escape the lawsuit

another fake startup to just milk investors - no indie studia has release anything worthwhile in last decade - they exist solely to milk investors and sell "investors packages" for dozens of thouands of dollars to naive people

Quote Originally Posted by Postmasters View Post
    I know I do... I bought a really good card game only for it to randomly turn into an ARG about how fucking hitler used a magic computer code to trap people's souls in video games that satan gave him.

I kinda hate indie devs atm.
    ....that literally just sounds like the plot to Persona 2

So the guy who pumps gas at the BP station is responsible for the Deepwater Horizon oil spill... that's the same logic being used in this thread to taint this new project. Its silly.

It seems like we, as gamers who care enough about gaming to read forums and sites like MMO-Champion, should be excited about something new in the gaming world, rather than perpetuating drama and assigning it to people who most likely had zero to do with Blizzard's recent failings.

People act like Blizzard has always been evil. They forget how much they loved WoW for much of the past 16 years.

I don't know why everything has to be so binary. You can dislike some of the acts of Blizzard and at the same time still like them as a game developer - that's perfectly ok despite what some people may tell you in these forums. Its not an either/or situation.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    Koraku already throwing shade at the studio.
    https://kotaku.com/former-world-of-w...y-f-1847945629
    That article is ridiculous. They are a start-up. They only have 11 employees. They were all previously friends. There is nothing illegal or immoral about that.

There is zero evidence that Notorious Studios has been unfair to women or even had any applicants yet, men or women. So to paint them with the sins of Blizzard at this stage is simply a shameful attempt to increase clicks.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawg View Post

That article is ridiculous. They are a start-up. They only have 11 employees. They were all previously friends. There is nothing illegal or immoral about that.

There is zero evidence that Notorious Studios has been unfair to women or even had any applicants yet, men or women. So to paint them with the sins of Blizzard at this stage is simply a shameful attempt to increase clicks.
    Oh I agree.... It's kind of hilarious if it wasn't so detrimental. They "hire" a dog as a joke and kotaku makes a article about discrimination.

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeJuice View Post
    Their biggest investor is Riot, who are going to want their money back ASAP. Whatever it is will be rushed out the door and they're hoping their "ex WoW Dev" tag will boost sales, despite them being the worst of the worst. Obviously Ghostcrawler will be a part of it since he was hinting at a Riot mmo awhile back.
    Riot is invested into a lot more studios, but they especially favor studios of former Blizzard employees, they're also invested in Frostgiant studios.

Frankly, it seems more like an attempt to not only make money off investing into studios but also to damage Blizzard on a front they're now extremely vulnerable: their Employees.
    Even if they don't join Riot, leaving Blizzard is good enough for them, because it seems like Riot wants to pave the way for their new MMO to surpass WoW, which is naturally easier when Blizzard suffers from brain drain.

However, GC is likely not involved, i doubt he has any calls to make in which Studio Riot invests money in.