Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Iannis View Post
    Oh wow, yeah this character is actually on the chapters 3&4 of that covenant, i'll finish those quests and see how that goes.
    If it's a fix, what a wild and crazy bug. A quest causing lag.. nuts!
    I had a similar bug on my DH when i was early in the Venthyr campaign, when youre questing around halls of atonement

[Rothulivic] [Twitch] [Twitter] Signature by Serryn

Quote Originally Posted by BossManRoth View Post
    I had a similar bug on my DH when i was early in the Venthyr campaign, when youre questing around halls of atonement
    That is exactly where I had the problems. I had to break into some tombs and wow just dropped frames to 30-40 and I was just stutter walking.
    "So yes, I'm fine with killing murloc babies" (Quote, MMOC 2021)

Wow, okay problem solved. It was indeed having chapters 4 in the Venthyr quests sitting in my mage's log. Soon as I finished those quests, frame rate returned to normal.
    What a wild ride. Thanks everyone for the input though! =)

Hey all.
    Just trying to trouble shoot an interesting, possibly unique, and very frustrating issue.
    One of my alts on wow is having a frame rate issue. All of my other characters are fine.
    I typically play at 1440p with all settings on max and enjoy 100+ fps all the time.

However, when I log on my mage, FPS drops to the 50-60s. To test things, I disabled all my mods,
    ran a scan/repair tool on the launcher, stood all my alts in the exact same area and logged them all on.
    Every single character hits 130-140fps, except for the mage. I even tried changing transmog. I've triple
    checked video settings across my alts, everything is identical. Also tried updating to the latest Nvidia drivers.
    Out of frustration, I swapped out video cards too. Still having the issue that is only on the mage...

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I can't seem to find much info about frame drops on only one character.

PC Specs.
    8700k @ 5.1ghz
    16gb DDR3200 14-14-14-34-1T
    Samsung 980 1tb x 2
    Nvidia 3090 FE

All drivers up-to-date
    nobody else is gonna point out he is running a 3090 with 16gb of ram? the video card has more mem then the PC...

has nothing to do with the issue but umm bro.... wtf

Quote Originally Posted by Goat7 View Post
    nobody else is gonna point out he is running a 3090 with 16gb of ram? the video card has more mem then the PC...

has nothing to do with the issue but umm bro.... wtf
    Hah, yea, only idiot would have bought that 3090 anyway, so overpriced.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    I have never once in my life trolled or tried to troll anyone.

Hey all.
    Just trying to trouble shoot an interesting, possibly unique, and very frustrating issue.
    One of my alts on wow is having a frame rate issue. All of my other characters are fine.
    I typically play at 1440p with all settings on max and enjoy 100+ fps all the time.

However, when I log on my mage, FPS drops to the 50-60s. To test things, I disabled all my mods,
    ran a scan/repair tool on the launcher, stood all my alts in the exact same area and logged them all on.
    Every single character hits 130-140fps, except for the mage. I even tried changing transmog. I've triple
    checked video settings across my alts, everything is identical. Also tried updating to the latest Nvidia drivers.
    Out of frustration, I swapped out video cards too. Still having the issue that is only on the mage...

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I can't seem to find much info about frame drops on only one character.

PC Specs.
    8700k @ 5.1ghz
    16gb DDR3200 14-14-14-34-1T
    Samsung 980 1tb x 2
    Nvidia 3090 FE

All drivers up-to-date
    try disabling addons, might be an addon thing.
    thinly veiled high elf thread

i remember that at some point my fps dropped hard whenever i used a fishing bait or some kind of fishing enchantment

Disable all of your addons on that character and see if the issue persists. If it doesn't, then re-enable them one by one until it returns. Very high chances this process will identify your issue.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

It can also happen if you don't repair!
    "If you have questions or suggestions about moderation, you go to a global (blue) moderator with them and discuss the matter in PMs. These kinds of discussions NEVER work out in public." xskarma, global moderator off mmo-champion, defender of democracy

OP you should edit your first post for visibility that the questline is the issue here otherwise a lot of players will suffer what we have aka delete cache and wtf, delete and reinstall game etc.

Also I would like to add this is not an issue of 3080/3090 both GPUs run the game fine at full ultra ray tracing on etc and 100+ fps at all places. The fact that the specific questline causes the issue is proven by the fact that so many of us had the problem auto-fixed by simply finishing the quest line.

Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    Disable MSI Afterburner OSD if you have it.

Also, this happened to me while doing revendreth chapters and I think it was between chapter 3 and 4 that my fps was cut in half like in your case and as soon as I finished said chapters the game came back to its senses. All other toons were behaving normal during that time 100+ fps at 1440p with 3080 etc.

Its game related and specifically quest related certain quests are just broken.

Edit: Please note that deleting WTF/cache etc DID NOT HELP. I had to endure this crap until I finished my chapter in revendreth and then suddenly everything came back to normal. Im petrified that I might go through this again for alts now.

Deleting all addons also didn't help. The culprits are two:

MSI Afterburner OSD (Running MSI AB in the background is fine)
    Quest chapters in Revendreth (that was for me but other covenants could have similar issues).

Even rolled back and forth NVIDIA drivers with no change. Finishing the chapter was the only thing that helped.
    Wow that's crazy because now that you mention it, I do recall a time I had horribly bad lag on my priest who is Venthyr.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Gorefiend View Post
    Wow that's crazy because now that you mention it, I do recall a time I had horribly bad lag on my priest who is Venthyr.
    This problem was responsible for me almost quitting wow and questioning the integrity of my 3080. I accidentally finished the quest chain with crazy low fps and clock drops and suddenly the game came back to its senses and been perfect ever since.