So sad about Mage Tower and Endwalker Savage crashing...

Sorry about this, I thoroughly enjoy both games but I just need to vent...

I really wanted to play Mage Tower now that it comes out and I actually have time in my life to play it, but trying to make me choose between Mage Tower and FFXIV Savage raid? Really? ... Blizzard is screwing themselves with this... I hate this game trying to force me

Quote Originally Posted by Zeri View Post

I really wanted to play Mage Tower now that it comes out and I actually have time in my life to play it, but trying to make me choose between Mage Tower and FFXIV Savage raid? Really? ... Blizzard is screwing themselves with this... I hate this game trying to force me
    Mage Tower comes back every 18 weeks, you can do it later. FFXIV launch is a one time thing, I'd pick that.

Quote Originally Posted by leothar View Post
    Mage Tower comes back every 18 weeks, you can do it later. FFXIV launch is a one time thing, I'd pick that.
    Ofcourse I will pick FFXIV, the point is that Blizzard does this deliberately.. I feel so sad the game that got me into MMOs, made me meet many of my friends and that I have so many good memories from are working so hard for me to never log on again

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Isn't 9.1.5 long before Endwalker, or am I missing something with dates?
    Legion Timewalking is the weekend of Dec 7th, the same week Endwalker Savage (Mythic raid) comes out

10+ Year Old Account

Oh stop that whining. I've heard 'content creators' whine about 'How dare Blizzard make people choose between two games they wish to play!', 'Blizzard is giving people the finger for releasing content while their competitors are!', it is nothing new? Not uncommon for Blizzard to release something while others are. Is this the 'FOMO' topic? How dare you make me choose!
    Last edited by Lochton; 2021-10-27 at 12:50 PM.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Blizzard used to be known for putting out 100% polished and quality products but that couldn't be any further from the truth anymore if the truth were located in a completely different galaxy.

If Blizzard is expecting me to choose between their stale content I've already done a million times vs a brand new expansion.....they're going to lose.

Learn better time management skills.

Legion Timewalking is the weekend of Dec 7th, the same week Endwalker Savage (Mythic raid) comes out
    You might wanna check your dates again, savage releases on the 21st of december which is 4 weeks after expansion launches, legion timewalking also ends on that date as well. On the 7th which is 2 weeks after release only normal releases which you can clear in less than 1 maybe 2 hours.

If anyone who actually wants to play ff14 chooses anything from 9.1.5 over ff14, he never really wanted to play ff14.

Play whatever you enjoy, you will be able to do mage tower every few months, you will not miss it. If you WANT to play it soon as it comes out it simply means you still enjoy WoW more than ff14, which is fair enough too.

Don't bother too much thinking about it, just log into whatever game you want to play AT THAT TIME. Don't overplan it.

Also just to be clear: First time mage tower will be a complete mess, there will be bugs and tuning issues all over the place. Its always the same.

You literally answered to yourself who you should pick. FF XIV never tries to fuck you over with their content releases, meanwhile Blizzard does. They are literally trying to abuse you even now and convince you to miss out on FF XIV's launch just to play rescaled content that was cool back then.

Even more of a reason for me to never pick up this shitty game anymore. WoW is cool content, but the amount of abuse and manipulation going on by the devs is honestly disgusting.

However, you are wrong on one thing, Savage releases on 21st of December, I believe legion timewalking ends around that time. Blizz is only trying to mess up with everyone's endwalker launch in general instead.

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.

TBH, Mage Tower was overrated in Legion, so I expect the same with the upcoming release. It's like getting a convertible...the vast majority use it 2 or 3 times in a year, and just keep the top up the rest of the year.

Blizz has always been jerks about their releases. It's about maintaining control to maintain profit margins. Take a deep breath, step back, and realize that Mage Tower, by itself, is not actually worth that much. It's like the latest cell phone...yeah, it may have one or two nice to haves in it, but it is never truly a groundbreaking change from the last version of that same phone; so it's perfectly fine to skip a model jump or two.

I have a hunch that just like legion if tw mage tower becomes popular they will extend its availability.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    It is funny how some people seem to be taking this thread seriously.

Lawl at Savage being XIV's Mythic raid comparison (That would be Ultimate).

But good news - The Savage Raids in XIV only take a day or two to clear, unless you're absolute trash at the game, and even if you are, you're still only looking at one or two hours a week of progression, given that there's only four bosses in any given savage raid.

Oh, but wait, this isn't actually a good faith topic, this is just a VERY thinly veiled attempt to, once again, claim that Blizzard is bad or something. There's many a things that would conflict with Legion Timewalking and the Mage Tower, but Savage raiding in XIV is very much not one of them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    This thread seems like a thinly-veiled "versus" type thread, which is not apt to produce much in the way of constructive discussion. Closing this.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead