Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonnillon View Post
    For some classes and specs it is better to have the set bonus to benefit in the raid and the individual gems for their bonuses for other content. I have 2 different tanking sets - one for m+ and one for raiding and I do end up swapping the shards based on what content I do.
    I do agree that the shard system could've been set up way more better, specially that if you want to benefit from the shard you have to turn down increased item level item.
    Not to mention that if I swap to feral or god forbid a boomkin, the sets and shards change...
    No but I mean the set bonus doesn't work outside of raid so in effect you could just keep the same 3 dps gems (deez nuts, bek and cor) since they offer tangible bonuses and use the other two of whatever set you use for raid because the other gems are absolutely useless

Quote Originally Posted by Aggressive View Post
    Typical WoW response from a WoW player. Not sure why I expected anything more from people in this game.
    Or English isnt my first language and didnt really understand what the problem was so i asked.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Th3Scourge View Post
    Why do you need to change gems between M+ and raid? Set doesn't work in M+ and you should already have 3 of the 5 sockets taken up by the different dps shards
    Could be that a player doesn't have 5 shard of domination socket gear or has higher non-shard of domination gear so they restrict shard gear to 3 (instead of 5). So then they would need to swap out 2 of the 3 shards (i.e. Switching out unholy shards Zed and Oth for Frost shard Cor and Blood shard Bek) when transitioning from raid to M+.

Honestly with the addon Narcissus, there's a great interface so I don't worry about it as much.

Yes it's true that you could run with 5 socket piece to gain both advantages of having a set bonus and the additional two DPS shards but some of us have higher ilv pieces without shard of domination sockets.

IMO what blizzard should have done is added a way to add shard of domination sockets to any eligible gear piece similar to how you can add sockets to gear in SL using the Stygia Ember currency. This way you could have a non-raid dropped item and still have a domination shard socket.
    ---
    Don't be a victim of IFOWISNAWL!
    Call 800-Calm-The-F-Down, Operators are standing by. Now taking calls on all your Legion worries.

Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    No. I imply it's pretty easy to miss if you constantly switch between raiding and 5manning. People will usually require a weakaura to not forget.

- - - Updated - - -

What is even the logic in what you said? A piece of gear may be 259 or whatever else max for that character. Not everyone has multiple pieces of similar gear.
    Don't project your memory shortcomings onto others. You have a hard time remembering. You have a problem. This is legitimately the first time I've heard anyone complain about this.

Quote Originally Posted by Beefhammer View Post
    Don't project your memory shortcomings onto others. You have a hard time remembering. You have a problem. This is legitimately the first time I've heard anyone complain about this.
    In my raid, this happens quite a lot as well, it's just not something worth "complaining" about.
    I regulary forget to change soulbinds and gems as well.

I use the Kyrian "3%+ haste for each enemy hit"-row in M+ but the additional offensive conduit slot for raids.
    Thankfullly, with the help of my slave bird I can just switch when I notice it in raids and don't have to use books which I always forget to buy as well

But again - that's seriously not something worth complaining about.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2021-10-27 at 06:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    So that late in the tier you only have 4 sockets. Seems like a you problem.

Btw, if your socket items are not from mythic raiding you'd benefit more from using 252s instead of 239+utility shard anyway in m+
    What are you on about, it's 5 sockets. It's just that the tier set requires a bad shard (when the tier set is outside the maw).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Beefhammer View Post
    Bad argument. You effectively tell people to delete all their weakauras and their dbms etc. Because "they should remember!".
    Last edited by epigramx; 2021-10-28 at 02:10 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bad argument. You effectively tell people to delete all their weakauras and their dbms etc. Because "they should remember!".

No it's actually not a bad argument. The one you are providing is that a 3-step process is so convoluted and requires "weakauras and their dbms etc". He is saying it's your fault if you forget to do it.

And he did not insinuate nor imply anybody had to delete their addons... you are reaching (overreaching, rather) by making that claim.

And if you forget it is your problem... not Blizzard's for implementing the system.
    Which it is. You forgot a 3-step process and are attempting to claim it requires 3rd party addons to manage effectively or optimally... which it does not. Your argument is not based in execution. Your argument is based on theoretical personal preference.

Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    No it's actually not a bad argument. The one you are providing is that a 3-step process is so convoluted and requires "weakauras and their dbms etc". He is saying it's your fault if you forget to do it.

And he did not insinuate nor imply anybody had to delete their addons... you are reaching (overreaching, rather) by making that claim.

And if you forget it is your problem... not Blizzard's for implementing the system.
    Which it is. You forgot a 3-step process and are attempting to claim it requires 3rd party addons to manage effectively or optimally... which it does not. Your argument is not based in execution. Your argument is based on theoretical personal preference.
    Bad argument. You effectively call everyone that uses an addon with reminders at fault.

Delete your addons that have reminders otherwise you are hypocritical about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bad argument. You effectively call everyone that uses an addon with reminders at fault.

I'm saying it's the player's fault for forgetting to swap out their Domination Gems? Yes I am. Right on point.

And unfortunately for you, this bait thread has been outted already and no longer is taken seriously.
    Last edited by KOUNTERPARTS; 2021-10-29 at 02:01 PM.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium

This is a very defensive remark. It sounds like you're upset that you're forgetful and trying to shift the blame onto other people. Accept that being forgetful is fine, and some people need a little help, while others don't.

I'm saying it's the player's fault for forgetting to swap out their Domination Gems? Yes I am. Right on point.

And unfortunately for you, this bait thread has been outted already and no longer is taken seriously.
    Stop trying to evade the subject with off topic personal attacks. It is clearly implied by you that people that "can forget things" are clearly "at fault" here.

Then why do you not tell them to delete all their addons that do reminders like dbm or weakauras or bigwigs?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    This is a very defensive remark. It sounds like you're upset that you're forgetful and trying to shift the blame onto other people. Accept that being forgetful is fine, and some people need a little help, while others don't.
    This is a very trollish remark in disguise. You evade the subject by going off topic in a tangent of a passive aggressive personal attack.

Be on topic and answer us this: if people are "fools" for forgetting things: why don't you protest for the deletion of DBM/BigWigs?

10+ Year Old Account
    Stop trying to evade the subject with off topic personal attacks. It is clearly implied by you that people that "can forget things" are clearly "at fault" here.

Then why do you not tell them to delete all their addons that do reminders like dbm or weakauras or bigwigs?

Odd, you quite literally quoted where I outright stated, not implied, that it is your fault if you forget. Yet you replied with this. I wonder if you are actually reading or just typing letters at this point. Not much for "evasion" on anybody's part except yourself. But since you're so insistent on arguing another topic (apart from the one you originally started) I'll bite: why should I tell them to delete all of their WA's/addons?

If you feel like this is a personal dig at you, why is that?
    Last edited by KOUNTERPARTS; 2021-10-30 at 01:33 PM.

Odd, you quite literally quoted where I outright stated, not implied, that it is your fault if you forget. Yet you replied with this. I wonder if you are actually reading or just typing letters at this point. Not much for "evasion" on anybody's part except yourself. But since you're so insistent on arguing another topic (apart from the one you originally started) I'll bite: why should I tell them to delete all of their WA's/addons?

If you feel like this is a personal dig at you, why is that?
    So you keep evading the question. You imply that people are fools if they forget to change their shards or whatever but then you refuse to answer why are they not fools if they keep all their addons that do reminders?

It seems that you are either hypocritical about it and you try to save face or you have a basic error in basic logic here.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggressive View Post
    Typical WoW response from a WoW player. Not sure why I expected anything more from people in this game.
    So there isn't a problem and you're mad that someone pointed it out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

People changing gear and talents for dailies in korthia? Wtf did I just read?

People asking for gear that is strong in a specific area / game mode of the game for years, it finally happens, people complain. I am almost surprised.
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

So you keep evading the question. You imply that people are fools if they forget to change their shards or whatever but then you refuse to answer why are they not fools if they keep all their addons that do reminders?

It seems that you are either hypocritical about it and you try to save face or you have a basic error in basic logic here.
    Because you're a fool if you forget to change shards/talents. You're clever if you're making sure you have a reminder to change shards/talents. Because you won't make that mistake. The same way people are clever if they are using planners to make sure they won't forget appointments.

The game is not responsible for your foolishness. Either get a functional brain, or use an addon to remind you to change shards. It's not the game's fault if you're unable to remind something, it's not the game's fault if you're unable to change gear sets, it's not the game's fault if you can't do three clicks.
    Last edited by Barzotti; 2021-10-31 at 09:39 AM.

Why do I get the feeling that the content that OP feels the need to be "optimized" for is a joke? I consider myself a fairly average player but I've timed +20s and cleared half the raid on mythic and the thought of switching the shards around hasn't really crossed my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    People changing gear and talents for dailies in korthia? Wtf did I just read?
    Why would you waste a >10% advantage? Are you not dpsing low level mobs too? It saves total time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    People asking for gear that is strong in a specific area / game mode of the game for years, it finally happens, people complain. I am almost surprised.
    Not everyone is the same person. Why are you assuming I asked for that? I never did.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zantera View Post
    Why do I get the feeling that the content that OP feels the need to be "optimized" for is a joke? I consider myself a fairly average player but I've timed +20s and cleared half the raid on mythic and the thought of switching the shards around hasn't really crossed my mind.
    Because you're not that optimal. Why would you waste a way better shard for a worse or even useless shard if you go to 5mans above 20 which are legitimately challenging even to good players?

Sometimes the change can be huge because sometimes the only reason we drop a powerful shard is because the "tier" set bonus must be taken in the raid.

Sometimes the change can be huge because sometimes the only reason we drop a powerful shard is because the "tier" set bonus must be taken in the raid.
    The only reason to drop a powerful shard to get the set bonus is if you have fewer than 5 domination items.