Page 1 of 17
... LastLast

BlizzConline 2022 Event Cancelled - Reimagining Future BlizzCons

BlizzConline 2022 Event Cancelled - Reimagining Future BlizzCons
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    To the Blizzard community,

We’ve decided to take a step back and pause on planning the previously announced BlizzConline event scheduled for early next year. This was a tough decision for all of us to make, but it’s the right one.

Any BlizzCon event takes every single one of us to make happen, an entire-company effort, fueled by our desire to share what we create with the community we care about so much. At this time, we feel the energy it would take to put on a show like this is best directed towards supporting our teams and progressing development of our games and experiences.

Additionally, we would also like to take the time to reimagine what a BlizzCon event of the future could look like. The first BlizzCon was held 16 years ago, and so much has changed in the time since—most notably, the multiple ways in which players and communities can come together and feel like they are a part of something bigger. Whatever the event looks like in the future, we also need to ensure that it feels as safe, welcoming, and inclusive as possible. We’re committed to continual communication with our players, and we see BlizzCon playing a big role in that going forward. We’re excited about what we’ll do with the event when we revisit it in the future.

One more thing we wanted to make clear: even though we aren’t holding BlizzConline in February, we’ll still be making announcements and updates for our games. We’re proud of our teams and the progress they’ve made across our games. We have a lot of exciting upcoming news and releases to share with you.You’ll continue hearing about those through our franchise channels, with the talented people on the BlizzCon team playing a part in supporting these efforts.

We’ll miss seeing you, but don’t worry. We’ll be back together soon.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is my complete and utter lack of surprise.

Also, wonder if they will ban skimpy cosplay from the next Blizzcon to be in line with their current scrubbing. Maybe we should get some girls to cosplay as fruit bowls.

They want to focus their efforts on combing their games for any more references that could be even tangentially non-PC

Translation: We know you hate us atm - and the entire event would be overshadowed by your hate towards us. Its better to avoid that awkwardness completely by cancelling.

15+ Year Old Account
    Just say you have nothing to show - it's ok to be honest

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    PR team is busy fighting the lawsuit fallout. They don't have time to develop the spin for the lack of anything good coming out.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Self-cancel culture /s

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    So if there still going to put out announcements in feb all this really means is that there canceling the live dev chats that we got last time?
    Last edited by Lorgar Aurelian; 2021-10-26 at 06:25 PM.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by The One Percent View Post
    This is my complete and utter lack of surprise.

Also, wonder if they will ban skimpy cosplay from the next Blizzcon to be in line with their current scrubbing. Maybe we should get some girls to cosplay as fruit bowls.
    Blizzconline is just a livestream. It was the equivalent of a sub putting on a video for class. Nintendo does them 5 times a year. This is really bad because it seems like they have nothing to show for the immediate future. I guess we really might see a 9.3 because the next expansion just ain't happening anytime soon, on a cosmic level

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Just say you have nothing to show - it's ok to be honest
    Sounds like there still going to be showing stuff just without the live portion.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post
    PR team is busy fighting the lawsuit fallout. They don't have time to develop the spin for the lack of anything good coming out.
    That or they want to avoid further cases brought against them.

90% sure there will never be another Blizzcon.

Cant say im surprised, not sure they would have much to show anyways.
    Do you hear the voices too?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    Sounds like there still going to be showing stuff just without the live portion.
    They didnt say when so that could be later in the year for when they might have something on an individual game basis. As it stands, they clearly don' have enough to show for an event

10+ Year Old Account
    End of an era, it really sounds like there won't be any in situ Blizzcon anymore.
    Last edited by Ealyssa; 2021-10-26 at 07:18 PM.

Lol. this sure answers my question the other day about their plans for and info dumps events. Can't say I'm surprised they cancelled this, morale is at an all time low, they have jackshit to show us for the future. And even a carefully cultivated online event where they can control the media someone somehow will manage to slip something by them like the last two times. Leaves me wondering when or how the next major announcement will come.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    They didnt say when so that could be later in the year for when they might have something on an individual game basis. As it stands, they clearly don' have enough to show for an event
    This kinda sounds like it will still be in fed but you could be right, we’ll have to wait and see.

One more thing we wanted to make clear: even though we aren’t holding BlizzConline in February, we’ll still be making announcements and updates for our games.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ealyssa View Post
    End of an era, it really sounds like there won't be any in situe Blizzcon anymore.
    I read the same thing.

No king rules forever

Quote Originally Posted by Clarinet View Post
    foxxy is basically no longer a fox - more like a badger this game

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    This kinda sounds like it will still be in fed but you could be right, we’ll have to wait and see.
    Which... does not explicitly say they have announcements in feburary. Outside of 10.0, theres nothing terribly exciting. Wow, ANOTHER hearthstone expansion
    Last edited by Video Games; 2021-10-26 at 06:46 PM.