Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    That's nice and all but bust slider when?

And this is why FFXIV is the superior gaming experience

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Th3Scourge View Post

And this is why FFXIV is the superior gaming experience
    No bust slider ever. Because that's sexist and misogynistic.

Unless, of course, you want a "flat chest" option that's only available for female. Or "bigus boobus" option only available for male. That's brave and beautiful.

Checks sarcasm meter. It's pegged at full.

7+ Year Old Account
    Ok? The info here is good and all, but the game needs content. But then again, they make this game for the MAU's. LUL

Always appreciate behind the scenes articles. Even if some are a little bare bones.

jeeeez... what a waste of time. should focus on fixing the game and not this tripe.

Quote Originally Posted by Stockers View Post
    jeeeez... what a waste of time. should focus on fixing the game and not this tripe.
    As if the UI team is the reason the game is broken.... /s
    Rejoice, For very bad things are about to happen...

10+ Year Old Account
    Can we get the visual bugs as a character customization?

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    They're really pressed HARD to post something, eh. This kind of behind-the-scenes look would be something I'd expect at the start of an expansion (or leading up to it) - not in the middle of a massive content drought.
    I like the dev diaries. We used to get them during the leadup to WoD and they were interesting to read.

Quote Originally Posted by Felis igneus View Post
    As a standalone bluepost it feels kinda.. unexpected. Especially when people crave any kind of news about actual content.
    Ideally we would get news about actual content and dev diaries.

Quote Originally Posted by Pakheth View Post
    While I appreciate the work that went into making the new UI I find it rather sterile. The old UI had a lot of the charm we connect with the world of Warcraft. The new one has nothing of that.

I enjoy the functionality, although some of the choices are rather weird. It's not a bad UI, just very empty.
    Also this. I find the ubiquitous UI design of modern AAA games to be incredibly bland and this one is no exception. The old one hard more charm.

Quote Originally Posted by pahbi View Post
    Of all the things to spend time on...
    Only takes a dev an hour or two to write up the post, grab screenshots, and record video. There isn't really an opportunity loss when it comes to dev diaries.

Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    not doing focused work that matters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stockers View Post
    To be fair, this job was done by a UI artist. Blizzard isn't coming out with new games so it's not like there would be much else for that person to do at the company besides redesign the character creation UI simply because he can.

Quote Originally Posted by Log Cabin View Post
    This really seems like a bad idea... The classes they list are those that are traditionally the hardest to play at max level to a high level. It strikes me weird to list the classes based on how recognizable they are to how simple they are to play. Hiding racials also kind of seems like a dick move. You really should present all information to a player rather then sell them the right answer later.
    In this case I actually agree with the blue post. WoW was a mainstream game so trying to make your game understandable to normies is of critical importance, especially if Blizzard is trying to recapture that demographic again. Also, even gamers who know what paladins and warlocks are probably don't know what a Demon Hunter or a Death Knight is, so listing generic RPG classes first before getting to the super unique stuff is a good idea, as people see stuff they instantly recognize right away, and then see unique WoW classes that might pique their interest.

Quote Originally Posted by Th3Scourge View Post
    NuBlizzard's ideology aside, I'm not sure if the WoW engine is capable of morphing body attributes like that. The engine is based off of the WC3 engine which is coming up on being two decades old.

Wait, wait.

Last video, the barbershop one. 0:03, when they change the character hair her boob outline vanishes.

Please tell me this is an accident or glitch, because my body can't withstand such laughter anymore. Blizzard's pathetic attempt at being a company is ripping me apart from rolling on the floor laughing.

I love how this post is full of people telling blizzard that they should focus on other problems that appeared about 3-4 months ago not even knowing this character creation UI was out for more than one year now (even before SL). I mean Blizzard is fucking up big time but the community is just clueless.

I like behind the scenes stuff.

This just feels super random and relevant like a year ago...

Cool I guess?

Quote Originally Posted by Log Cabin View Post
    This really seems like a bad idea... The classes they list are those that are traditionally the hardest to play at max level to a high level. It strikes me weird to list the classes based on how recognizable they are to how simple they are to play. Hiding racials also kind of seems like a dick move. You really should present all information to a player rather then sell them the right answer later.
    Can't get $$ for race change that way though

Quote Originally Posted by OokOok View Post
    Wait, wait.

Last video, the barbershop one. 0:03, when they change the character hair her boob outline vanishes.

Please tell me this is an accident or glitch, because my body can't withstand such laughter anymore. Blizzard's pathetic attempt at being a company is ripping me apart from rolling on the floor laughing.
    Hard left HR middle-management graduates run the game now. You're playing a HRM simulator now

10+ Year Old Account
    They're teasing us so bad with the "night elves can't be paladins" picture...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sharein View Post
    Well, this is the selfiecam of SL.
    Did you really need to quote the ENTIRE opening post just for that?
    "Torturing someone is not an evil thing to do if it is done for good reasons" by Varodoc
    "You sit in OG/SW waiting on a Mythic+ queue" by Altmer <- Oh, the pearls in this forum...
    "They sort of did this Dragonriding, which ushered in the Dracthyr race." by Teriz <- the BS some people reach for their narratives...

Quote Originally Posted by Nuvuk View Post
    Can we get the visual bugs as a character customization?

Yes , please hahhahaha ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Vilendor View Post
    True. But what he said is also true. Rewriting character creation (again) in the middle of an expansion? Not like there is a huge demand to create new characters these days...
    For the people that have played wow for yeaaaars(like most of us here) probably dont understand why Blizzard does it. I bet most of us already have characters of each class/race anyway and dont spend any time in character creation screen.

In any case, this might prove that Blizzard is thinking about the future and new players coming in. How the game is presented from the beginning is important. They already have a new starter zone and now updated char creation screen.

- - - Updated - - -

No. Damned if you don't, and damned if you do it wrong.

Don't pretend all posts are equal, and it's just posts vs. no posts.
    Whats so wrong with Blizzard sharing what they are doing and working on? Just because its not 30 raid bosses, 45 dungeons, 100 new zones, 981212 unique mount models you dont need to get upset.

Its just information about whats going on, nothing more nothing less. Its not that hard to say "Ok cool" and move on.

Honestly, who cares about these kind blog posts? They're so pointless and just feel like writing something for the sake of writing something.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Mechagnome
    7+ Year Old Account
    I think you’ll agree that the animation, FX, and sound teams did an amazing job making these classes feel heroic
    I would not. I've thought this looked pretty terrible since the first moment I saw it and does not suit the game at all. It also spotlights just how inflexible the appearance customization is.

I feel like it's saying "Wanna play a human priest? Well he's gonna look like fucking Conan anyway. Here's an example of just how ridiculous he's going to look floating around in these universal priest animations. I bet you probably wanna pick a different race now, huh?"
    Last edited by Beastiel; 2021-10-28 at 06:46 AM.

7+ Year Old Account

Arrow

Well, something cool, of course, but classes' description... gentlemen, do RPG description normally, even if at least copy them from Classic or something. What a nonsense, roles' mention comes first, I understand that your class architecture has seen much better times, let there be description, OK, but somewhere at the end (with a note "sorry, but we haven’t come up with anything more interesting and original") ...also description of abilities in similar form is generally superfluous, naturally, possibilities need to be described, but more generally, literary and "torned away from game interface" (no icons, contrived names and other details) as if even character creation already starts with spreadsheet.

So, in general, interface somehow is planned more or less decent, maybe only a few unnecessary liberties, and as usual, customization itself leaves much to be desired (not to mention models themself, vomited once again, sorry).
    Last edited by Alkizon; 2021-10-29 at 10:45 AM.

They're really pressed HARD to post something, eh. This kind of behind-the-scenes look would be something I'd expect at the start of an expansion (or leading up to it) - not in the middle of a massive content drought.
    thought exactly the same.

after all the years of some few blue posts here and there, some Ion+Josh vids every few months, and especially the silence in SL, they now have to push as many mmoc frontpage content, as possible, their PR decided. to make it all look rather active and „full of stuff“.

dont get me wrong: its nice, when it feels again like we are in the good ol times, when i.e. wotlk was active and way more stuff showed up (remember all the GC posts). there is nothing wrong with that. but that sour taste on my tongue results from, that we all know why.

and as quoted poster said, these are things that normally makes sense before or after a release. thats why we all know, why they come up with it now.

ofc this is something that was done for a Blizzcon/Blizzconline. since its canceled they can post it anyway. and its a cheap and easy way to just post what you anywise have unused in store. so, there is per se nothing wrong with that.

i understand that you have to do this as a company, because you ARE already wrecked, because you have nothing else. its already too late and something have to be done as damage control. since there is nothing else, they ofc better do this than nothing. and why waste it, when you can cheaply using existing blizzconline stuff? but in the end, it just underlines: too little too late.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Wait, so this face isn't supposed to be a bug? Gnomes are just that ugly?

Remind me again why we go diaper gnomes in BfA
    god, this is REALLY an ugly tiny bastard! imagine your baby looking something like this, lol!
    Last edited by Niwes; 2021-10-28 at 08:18 AM.