Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Is the cycle of failure and greed ever gonna end?

They deliberately make it so making gold is super difficult and that’s why the anti alt design and non-gold rewards, gated, temp throw away systems grinding design. The entire world but the latest patch is made irrelevant and extremely unrewarding. Also, by developing two expansions at a time, they risk both failing. It seems like blizzard WoW devs are permanently stuck in this cycle of failure.

Quote Originally Posted by RemasteredClassic View Post
    They deliberately make it so making gold is super difficult and that’s why the anti alt design and non-gold rewards, gated, temp throw away systems grinding design. The entire world but the latest patch is made irrelevant and extremely unrewarding. Also, by developing two expansions at a time, they risk both failing. It seems like blizzard WoW devs are permanently stuck in this cycle of failure.
    Problem is - this cycle is caused by players themselves and can be stopped by players only. Players buy games no matter what, that causes "why bother, if they pay anyway" attitude. Rules are simple. Don't pre-order. Don't buy xpack, if you don't like it. Don't buy at day one. Wait for honeymoon period to end, i.e. for unbiased reviews. Unsub, if you don't like content. Stay unsubbed, till problems aren't fixed. Don't be tricked into greed promotions, such as mounts for semi-annual passes. If you buy 6 months sub for mount, but don't play game - YOU ARE THE PROBLEM.
    Last edited by WowIsDead64; 2021-10-28 at 06:13 AM.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

It's going to end when people stop rewarding them with their purchase.

As long as people keep buying bad games, people will make bad games to sell to them. The solution seems pretty obvious.

10+ Year Old Account
    They deliberately make it so making gold is super difficult...
    Real life, the amount of excess gold that many have in the game and the perception that many are paying for their subscription with in-game gold (which I don't know to be true but I pay for about four out of twelve months) suggests that this is not true. Gold is not really so much of a problem to get. It's soul-crushingly boring to do it by yourself.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Problem is - this cycle is caused by players themselves and can be stopped by players only. Players buy games no matter what, that causes "why bother, if they pay anyway" attitude. Rules are simple. Don't pre-order. Don't buy xpack, if you don't like it. Don't buy at day one. Wait for honeymoon period to end, i.e. for unbiased reviews. Unsub, if you don't like content. Stay unsubbed, till problems aren't fixed. Don't be tricked into greed promotions, such as mounts for semi-annual passes. If you buy 6 months sub for mount, but don't play game - YOU ARE THE PROBLEM.
    Pretty much. Us as consumers have a responsibility in this. Sure, Blizzard is to blame too but if the overall playerbase didnt cave in to all the bullshit Blizzard does - the playerbase is to fault.

If consumer patterns were to change, so would Blizzard. From a economical viewpoint it makes sense why they have done what they have done, it rakes in the big bucks.

People should stop throwing money and products they dont really like.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    It's going to end when people stop rewarding them with their purchase.

As long as people keep buying bad games, people will make bad games to sell to them. The solution seems pretty obvious.
    The biggest issue is probably not buying the xpacs in itself. Theres all the extra services along the way that does it. 6 month sub mount, token, pets, tmog++ probably rakes in more than enough money. probably so much that Blizzard cant be bothered getting millions of subs again. Meaning, they can create a lesser good game.

15+ Year Old Account
    They deliberately make it so making gold is super difficult
    I got over a million gold in 9.1 just from doing callings and selling a few BoE cosmetics I found in Korthia.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    I got over a million gold in 9.1 just from doing callings and selling a few BoE cosmetics I found in Korthia.
    Lol someone bought them on your realm? Especially the Korthia ones are only worth the 150g that the vendor gives you, as they are rather easy to find. People don't even buy most raid BoEs because they are second grade, don't come with domination sockets or effect unlocks and usually you can get better from the vault.

But you are right, simply by doing the monotonous daily grind you can already make a million over a couple of months.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

its not difficult, just buy token. Its intended.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felis igneus View Post
    Lol someone bought them on your realm?
    Average price for the Brutalizer's Mantle on NA servers is still 100k right now. Not gonna look up all the BoE cosmetics from Korthia but I sold a few of them, earlier in the patch when they were worth even more.
    Last edited by Kathranis; 2021-10-28 at 07:48 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    SL is the best gold making expansion since WoD.

They deliberately make it so making gold is super difficult
    This is simply untrue. it has never been easier getting gold as it is right now. They let several people harvest mining and herbalism nodes at the same time and the amount of gold you get from just questing is insane.

I say this as I played back in Vanilla and THAT was a pain getting enough gold for your riding skill and mount. When I came back in 9.1 I made a million gold in three weeks just by farming herbs and ores. Obviously that number would go down if I were to try it now, but you would easily be able to make enough gold by farming a few hours a day for a month to pay for your subsciption.

I honestly want them to make gold more difficult to earn. I really want your statement to be true, but I'm not even sure if you believe it yourself.

this concept that gold is hard to make is just really alien to me....in my experience gold grows on trees in wow,is it REALLY that hard to find a guild to boost with?or some friends for m+? did you not play in wod? many people made milions upon milion 100% ALONE

I buy gold. Can effort it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nosnogard View Post
    This is simply untrue. it has never been easier getting gold as it is right now. They let several people harvest mining and herbalism nodes at the same time and the amount of gold you get from just questing is insane.

I say this as I played back in Vanilla and THAT was a pain getting enough gold for your riding skill and mount. When I came back in 9.1 I made a million gold in three weeks just by farming herbs and ores. Obviously that number would go down if I were to try it now, but you would easily be able to make enough gold by farming a few hours a day for a month to pay for your subsciption.

I honestly want them to make gold more difficult to earn. I really want your statement to be true, but I'm not even sure if you believe it yourself.
    no, they shouldnt make gold more difficult to earn in retail. That would only bring more people buying the token for gold.

And I agree with you, it is easy enough to earn gold. Question is, does the person that created this thread want to work for it? If not, it really doesnt matter.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    its not difficult, just buy token. Its intended.
    You don't even need to resort to tokens. This should be obvious given that token gold doesn't materialise from thin air - other players made that gold

Gold income and it's economy is fully tied to the players and has nothing to do with Blizzard, even for tokens. When gold was harder to come by in BFA than in Legion the token price dropped from over 400k to 150k, now as gold is almost as easy to earn as it was in Legion we are back at over 300k.
    Making gold easier to earn will just increase all player controlled prices, so the relative value of gold will pretty much always stay the same. It only matters for fixed NPC gold sinks, like the Brontosaur.

Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    exactly this.

- we as customers teached them, that they can easily get away with this.
    - we supported their greed and their trend to being max cost effective.
    - we teached them that marketing and PR is more important than the product or quality.
    - we accepted low quality, paid in front of released, or accepted recycled or cheap shit.
    - we paid them more dollars via smart cash grab systems like tokens, than they can get simply via subs.
    - we teached them, that we still pay for the least amount of content.
    - we financed Bobbys new yacht.

so we all teached them to get our money with selling shit as gold. yes, we created the monster we hate now.
    Last edited by Niwes; 2021-10-28 at 08:28 AM.

Gold difficult to get? Cant be talking about Wow then becouse Wow pretty much forces gold on you, only way to make it easier is if you got 100 gold every time you log in.

Quote Originally Posted by Raelbo View Post
    You don't even need to resort to tokens. This should be obvious given that token gold doesn't materialise from thin air - other players made that gold
    Doesnt matter. If he cant get gold for whatever reason, he can just buy a token. Now he has gold.

Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    Gold income and it's economy is fully tied to the players and has nothing to do with Blizzard, even for tokens. When gold was harder to come by in BFA than in Legion the token price dropped from over 400k to 150k, now as gold is almost as easy to earn as it was in Legion we are back at over 300k.
    Making gold easier to earn will just increase all player controlled prices, so the relative value of gold will pretty much always stay the same. It only matters for fixed NPC gold sinks, like the Brontosaur.
    there you are brutally wrong. Blizzard decides how much gold is coming into the game (obviously). and its tightly coupled to the token selling system, to make tokens much attractive as possible (because every token is free 7 bugs for blizz by doing nothing). thats why its called a „smart“ cash grab system. i programmed such systems. you have no clue how big the engine and the maths behind this is. blizz knows EXACTLY how much gold every item has to generate ingame, to make tokens most attractive and still effortable. its a integrated and combined system.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Raelbo View Post
    right. but let us think further here: the players that made that gold, invest HOW much time for HOW much gold? lets say X time for Y gold. when you should decide or foresee, how much ppl are willing to pay for a token and how much the token is worth of gold, wouldnt it be great to control X and Y ? think further…

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    Doesnt matter. If he cant get gold for whatever reason, he can just buy a token. Now he has gold.
    would he buy a token for 20 bugs when he get lets say 10g for it ?
    would someone farm gold, when the token is worth 10 millions ?

ppl should think about the word „smart“ in the term „smart cash grab systems“.

real numbers doesnt matter. but Blizzard is EXACTLY controlling the attractiveness and usefulness of the token, by controlling the gold incoming amount, how much time its worth and so on. they completely control the relation between the invested time, the amount of gold and the gain with token. the numbers are defined by the market and free market rules. but the relations between them is defined by blizz.
    Last edited by Niwes; 2021-10-28 at 08:47 AM.