Page 13 of 30 FirstFirst ...
3
11
12
13
14
15
23
... LastLast
  1. #241
    The Insane Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Land of moose and goose.
    Posts
    18,594
    Quote Originally Posted by Kel_Sceptic View Post
    Exactly this. There were no women declined from any jobs there, because they were women. So why enforce 50% women ?
    One of the claims of the lawsuit was that woman(and minority’s) were passed over for higher level jobs pay raises promotions ect even when they were more qualified.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

  2. #242
    Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    LOL where did that even come from? How did you get to that? If I was a Trump voter I am pretty sure I'd be calling all the accusations against Blizzard fake news and something about grabbing 'em by the pussy. Something Blizzard and Trump have in common.

    Also I am not even American I couldn't even vote for Trump. You'd better off saying I was a Boris voter which would also not not be true... but at least it would be more consistent. xD
    Oh, I didn't insinuate you were a Trumper. I was saying there's no reasoning with Trumpers. There's no reasoning with your logic of boycotting a company or product because of the *accused* actions of ~0.001% of their employees.

  3. #243
    Pandaren Monk Nalam the Venom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    In the shadows
    Posts
    1,848
    It scares me that someone as high up in a company as this care for a meme term like "non-binary" that the twitter mob use's to feel special.

    It really is not those people you should cater towards.

    Awsome signature and avatar made by Kuragalolz

  4. #244
    Titan Orby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Essex, England
    Posts
    11,571
    Quote Originally Posted by alturic View Post
    Oh, I didn't insinuate you were a Trumper. I was saying there's no reasoning with Trumpers. There's no reasoning with your logic of boycotting a company or product because of the *accused* actions of ~0.001% of their employees.
    As I said I quit WoW back in January before the accusations came out. The accusations just made it easier on me to give up on the company altogether... So basically its sped up the process. IT would have happened eventually.

    Also most of the devs don't seem to be very good people either seeing the way they talk to their audience online. Some of them are very hateful, spiteful and bitter human beings, that its kind of rubbed me the wrong way, that it makes me dislike their games. Now I just want no part of the company. It just seems to me that the whole company is just not a nice place and it shows because their games have fallen in quality too.
    Proof is boring. Proof is tiresome. Proof is irrelevance. People would rather be handed an easy lie than search for a difficult truth, especially when it suits their own purpose.
    - Glokta
    The Last Argument of Kings, The First Law Trilogy.

  5. #245
    wretched leech, destroyed everything he touched and amassed a colossal fortune then putting on a facade of giving a damn.

  6. #246
    I am Murloc! crakerjack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Ptwn, Oregon
    Posts
    5,006
    Quote Originally Posted by Nalam the Venom View Post
    It scares me that someone as high up in a company as this care for a meme term like "non-binary" that the twitter mob use's to feel special.



    It really is not those people you should cater towards.
    What is there to take offense about? I personally don’t have any stake in gender nor do I care about all the labels, but that doesn’t mean I have to be against it. If hearing non binary or cis gender lingo agitates you, then you probably have some deep rooted problem you’re neglecting. Most people just don’t care about it, but you do.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

  7. #247
    Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    are you impying women or non binary people dont have skills for the job? wow dude...wow

    Nice strawman, that's not what he said.

  8. #248
    Quote Originally Posted by Gangresnake View Post
    This is very clearly a message to the investors first, reassuring them that he's taking the PR of the company seriously. And that he'll increase """diversity""" to appease game journalists and twitter creatures.

    As for the players, they get to buy another mount. Lucky them.

    Gotta see the positive : This basically confirm that wow is going F2P soon.
    The problem with this as a PR move is that the only thing you are doing is making a vocal minority on twitter happy while loosing half your customer base.

    We will see in a few years. I for one am out. The rest is probably going to have to see the more radical changes its going to make in the game - besides the incredibly stupid minor things we have already seen.

    Looking forward to gender fluid tier sets, everyone doing the same damage no matter what they press because it could lead to toxic behavior, all bosses being white men and all leaders of the alliance/horde being female or lgbtq+.

    its going to be a fantastic failure to watch unfolding as an outsider

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    What is there to take offense about? I personally don’t have any stake in gender nor do I care about all the labels, but that doesn’t mean I have to be against it. If hearing non binary or cis gender lingo agitates you, then you probably have some deep rooted problem you’re neglecting. Most people just don’t care about it, but you do.
    Any straight person identifying themselves as cis, isnt a straight person.

  9. #249
    Quote Originally Posted by Kel_Sceptic View Post
    Exactly this. There were no women declined from any jobs there, because they were women. So why enforce 50% women ?
    A bit weird to think that, like you're believing women would have been treated fairly by management in ActiBlizz considering the circumstance.
    Also impossible for you to claim. If the company themselves is coming out to say "We need to do better with this", you're in no place to claim that they've never declined an application based on gender.

    On top of that, you're completely misreading it. There is no "enforce 50% women". It's INCREASE the amount of female/non-binary workers by 50%. They even said after that their goal is to have more than 1/3rd of the company women/non-binary. That isn't half.

    Lastly, it says they're investing into reaching this goal. It isn't that they're cutting workers to accomplish this, they're specifically adding workers to the company for the goal. It would be like whining that there's scholarships or aid that target specific races or genders.

  10. #250
    Sooooo many idiots in this thread.

    Diversity hiring doesnt mean that you get a lesser candidate, its means that if all candidates are equaly proficiant, instead of the blatant bias that was used before, the hiring decision is weighted in favour of the diversity candidate.

    Also, IF one of the candidates is head and shoulders above the rest, they get hired regardless. No company should be cutting off their nose to spite their face.

    Having a diverse workforce target does not mean that every single person that ticks the box is hired off the bat ffs, its a target and may take years to reach.
    Last edited by Giruy; 2021-10-28 at 06:45 PM. Reason: spelling

  11. #251
    Quote Originally Posted by Giruy View Post
    Sooooo many idiots in this thread.

    Diversity hiring doesnt mean that you get a lesser candidate, its means that if all candidates are equaly proficiant, instead of the blatant bias that was used before, the hiring decision is weighted in favour of the diversity candidate.

    Also, IF one of the candidates is head and shoulders above the rest, they get hired regardless. No company should be cutting off their nose to spite their face.

    Having a diverse workforce target does not mean that every single person that ticks the box is hired off the bat ffs, its a target and may take years to reach.
    There is no such thing as equally qualified candidates. There are so many factors that play into what a qualification for one of these jobs could be thats its a virtual impossibility.

    In a perfect world everyone is equally qualified and you can start talking about diversity. But that does not exist in our world.

  12. #252
    Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    Any straight person identifying themselves as cis, isnt a straight person.
    Yet the actual definition of cis is an antonym for transgender, and the "cis" part of cisgender is from the latin, "Cis", or "On this side of". It's a label, not an identity.

    I don't "identify" as "cisgender", I just am, and it's just a label, and your implication that by saying that I'm not, is intellectually bankrupt and more indicative of an agenda on your part.

  13. #253
    The Lightbringer The-Shan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Somewhere in the Badlands
    Posts
    3,994
    whats wrong bobby? did you take all the fun out of making games and realize maybe people shouldnt be afraid at work?

  14. #254
    Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    ...location, location!
    Posts
    13,294
    Quote Originally Posted by alturic View Post
    Imagine not buying a product, or playing a video game for the rest of your life because of something a few people at the company did a number of years ago.

    Hell, imagine doing that when a few people at a company are just *accused* (to date) of doing something.
    I mean, that's what I try to do with Nestle. They still have child slave labor going on in parts of the world, and I don't want to endorse anyone that does that shit. Of course, I understand that a large number of companies do that as secretly as they can, and I can't boycott everyone in our modern society, so I chose one and do my best to stick to it.

  15. #255
    Inb4 the zero-tolerance policy gets abused. Make no mistake, I don't think harassment has any place whatsoever in the workplace. But, you get there by promoting positive culture, not by immediately firing people for unproven transgressions. If their workplace was inclusive from the beginning, then the bad people would stick out like a sore thumb.

  16. #256
    Go woke, go broke. Such a shame Blizzard.

  17. #257
    Quote Originally Posted by Giruy View Post
    Sooooo many idiots in this thread.

    Diversity hiring doesnt mean that you get a lesser candidate, its means that if all candidates are equaly proficiant, instead of the blatant bias that was used before, the hiring decision is weighted in favour of the diversity candidate.

    Also, IF one of the candidates is head and shoulders above the rest, they get hired regardless. No company should be cutting off their nose to spite their face.

    Having a diverse workforce target does not mean that every single person that ticks the box is hired off the bat ffs, its a target and may take years to reach.
    There's no such thing as two "equally proficient" candidates. It is impossible for two people to have the same level of skill, there will always be some difference, even if tiny.

  18. #258
    Quote Originally Posted by Gadzooks View Post
    Yet the actual definition of cis is an antonym for transgender, and the "cis" part of cisgender is from the latin, "Cis", or "On this side of". It's a label, not an identity.

    I don't "identify" as "cisgender", I just am, and it's just a label, and your implication that by saying that I'm not, is intellectually bankrupt and more indicative of an agenda on your part.
    Gz one picking the first google link that showed up

    I AM straight. Cis is not a term i use. Just like i dont call myself "this side of". I simply am straight. Just like 98% of the rest of the world. Cis is a lgb+ term thats often used in a derogatory manner(dont believe me? check out its use on SoMe sides) which is why i have no need for it. Just like i dont use words for transgender or non-straight people that they find derogatory.

  19. #259
    Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    Obviously not hiring a woman, a person of color, transgender, etc, that is qualified, experienced, and good for the job, simply because they are a woman, because they are black, gay, and so on. That's insane

    No one should lose their job or not get the opportunity due to gender, race, or sexual orientation.

    but... "We will increase the percentage of women and non-binary people in our workforce by 50% and will invest $250 million to accelerate opportunities for diverse talent" which means they will hire people over others who are qualified, experienced, and skilled at their jobs. Now qualified people will lose jobs/opportunities simply because they are white and male. So how the fuck is this sorting anything? They simply turn the tables and act like it's ok for one to do it, but not the other

    Blind hire is the only way. Hire the best person for the job regardless of sex, gender, sexual orientation and race. Everything else should be irrelevant.
    what about the other way around? say for the purpose of this example i had all the qualifications for this job and the other applicants didn't' but i lost out on the job to some1 less qualified just because 1 of them was female?

  20. #260
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    There's no such thing as two "equally proficient" candidates. It is impossible for two people to have the same level of skill, there will always be some difference, even if tiny.
    This is becoming a level of nitpicking just to try to justify bias.

    If two people are both trained and experienced in a field, they're both still equally qualified for a position then. Claiming "But this one knows a few extra tricks!" doesn't change that they're both qualified for the job.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •