Page 21 of 30 FirstFirst ...
11
19
20
21
22
23
... LastLast
  1. #401
    Hey, he took a pay cut!

    That matters zero when he's been earning millions upon millions for years. He has more than enough money for himself and his family and heirs to live on for a very, very long time. Total symbolic gesture. But it looks good on paper (or in blue text).

  2. #402
    i wonder if in the future blizzard will be an example in bussiness schools of how a company with the goose of the golden eggs imploded slowly in time by stupid and idiotic management.

  3. #403
    Quote Originally Posted by The Vindicator View Post
    The racist and sexist lads are really exposing themselves with this one aren't they
    So are the white saviors, aka the real racists.

  4. #404
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Blizzard has literally been CONSTANTLY hiring for years, in countless deparments.
    They are not going to turn down white people who are skilled cause "we need diversity" but they will be hiring both, and using extra money (that 250 million) in order to help recruit more diverse options.

    They are still going to do normal hiring's, just like how universities still accept normal scholarships. Just they will be putting aside extra money in order to bring in more diversity.
    That offends the self-entitled in and of itself.

    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Yeah, it's a problem. Has been from the start of all of this. Lost in the noise is the simple fact that Blizzard employees seem to have won on pay transparency and especially on arbitration. The corporate surrender on mandatory arbitration is a big deal.
    I doubt the crowd wailing about how this is an injustice really care about whether or not this is a step towards addressing the ethics scandal. Most of them probably don't acknowledge that this is an ethics scandal at all. Hell, I've seen a few little muppets outright insisting that the allegations are false, that this is P.C. gone mad, and so on.

  5. #405
    Quote Originally Posted by tomolak View Post
    So are the white saviors, aka the real racists.
    More racist then your command you can’t get.
    You are one of those people that think that when a baby is born white he/she is a racist no matter what right…. You people are sick in the head.
    Last edited by tromage2; 2021-10-29 at 02:59 AM.

  6. #406
    Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    "Lastly, I want to ensure that every available resource is being used in the service of becoming the industry leader in workplace excellence. Accordingly, I have asked our Board of Directors to reduce my total compensation until the Board has determined that we have achieved the transformational gender-related goals and other commitments described above. Specifically, I have asked the Board to reduce my pay to the lowest amount California law will allow for people earning a salary, which this year is $62,500. To be clear, this is a reduction in my overall compensation, not just my salary. I am asking not to receive any bonuses or be granted any equity during this time. "

    Wow. what an absolute moron. How about if you want them to have more resources for this. You pay back the 200 or so mill you got in a bonus?
    Not fucking hard to reduce your salary to look like the good guy when you have a bank account full of millions now is it
    The bonus was to the guy that left. Wrong person. Once agains the nets blind rage without though shows.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by tomolak View Post
    So are the white saviors, aka the real racists.
    Spoken like a true rascist.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    His solution to some employees harassing other employees is to make sure there are more "non-binary" and female employees? Can you imagine the kind of direction Warcraft as a franchise is going to take? Female bodies are already being turned into fruitbowls and the franchise is being rinsed of anything even remotely funny, naughty or "controversial"(which is pretty much everything these days). Questionable behaviour of certain employees aside, the apparently(I guess?) too white and too male Blizzard, which was packed with nerds who were into fantasy RPGs, managed to make an amazing franchise which is now unreckognizable. Blizzard used to make memorable and greatly appreciated female characters since the early 2000s across all their IPs. Unsurprisingly, the more ActivisionBlizzard doubles down on "diversity", the worse their writing and representation gets. Their creations don't seem to come from a position of inspiration, understanding of what they do and overall love for it, but the position of mandatory quotas and virtue signalling.
    You are not smart are you. The reason blizzard is hiring more females and NB is because it is part of the deals being done. THE STATE most likely made it manditory for them to do so.

  7. #407
    Epic! rogoth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    in the land of killer unicrons
    Posts
    1,614
    Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    are you impying women or non binary people dont have skills for the job? wow dude...wow
    no, he is saying, based on the wording of the letter, that activision blizzard will be hiring based purely on gender/sexual orientation bias, meaning that even if they aren't the best qualified they may likely get the job ahead of others because of 'tokenism', i suggest you learn to understand what is written and not apply your own stupid logical fallacy to things in turn putting your own agenda/spin on it taking it out of context, it seems to be a real skill people these days posses as a way of derailing any kind of arguement/talks.

    retired march 2013 RIP - returned january 2016, purely because paladins finally get Ashbringer!

  8. #408
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post


    Well that's a bit harsh....

    I think he meant their employment will be terminated immediately?
    Bobby thinks he can terminate his way back to profits...

  9. #409
    Mechagnome Indigenously Abled's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The Reservation (Thanks White People)
    Posts
    705
    That bastard really thinks people are dumb enough to lap this shit up.

    He's a genius.
    Thanks for the ad-hominem, it supports your inability to support your argument.

  10. #410
    "We will increase the percentage of women and non-binary people in our workforce by 50% and will invest $250 million to accelerate opportunities for diverse talent"

    So this is how a king kills itself. RIP, OH WELL.

  11. #411
    As if diversity quota hires will save this company.

    Specifically, I have asked the Board to reduce my pay to the lowest amount California law will allow for people earning a salary, which this year is $62,500
    Oh boy the billionaire decided to reduce his salary for some pr.

  12. #412
    Warchief Voidism's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    In the shadows!
    Posts
    2,141
    So, I can just "identify" as NB and then be regarded as a minority? I love modern feminism, giving men an out from materially being the oppressive class. LibFems <3

    Kotick needs to go. Now.

  13. #413
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    I am actually quite surprised such a thing doesn't exist yet.
    They don't want such a system because it is absolutely fair and reasonable. Hiring people on their qualifications and synergies with a company. It is an elegant solution.

  14. #414
    Warchief Voidism's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    In the shadows!
    Posts
    2,141
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Wheelchair Casino View Post
    That bastard really thinks people are dumb enough to lap this shit up.

    He's a genius.
    I mean, he's (allegedly) a psychopath like most CEOs. (in that case) He doesn't feel shame and can say anything to make more money. *shrug*

  15. #415
    i will eat warm, tasty, yummy popcorn, while watching this company die to the ground.

    even giving a 4 year old kid 2 bottles of coke and a loaded 45“ magnum has less chances for an undeterrable accident.

    this guy is just great. i assume next step for Bobby should be candidating for president.
    Last edited by Niwes; 2021-10-29 at 04:46 AM.

  16. #416
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Experience shows it wouldn't. It's a better more fair process and eliminates the 'bros' who apply because they have a contact in the company. Symphony orchestras now do this as a matter of course. Applicants for a position in an orchestra audition behind a screen for a panel of would-be peers. Selections are made purely based on how competent they are. And guess what: Most professional symphony orchestras are no longer bastions of exclusively male players. This would work for IT development as well.
    Thank you for proving my point. Hiring based on qualification regardless of gender, race etc. to get the best candidates for the job. So who cares? if the orchestras of the world are employing more woman? As long as they are the most qualified without any shenanigan's. The solution offered was to remove all the racism, sexism etc. from the hiring system. And it would if implemented by a company because it is literally the least racist, sexist way of hiring. Currently we have a SUPER sexist, racist system of hiring people. I am surprised no one has actually taken this to the supreme court.(probably because it is now compromised of mediocrity that cannot read and comprehend the constitution)

    Anyone that calls for diversity etc. is calling for mediocrity and essentially the downfall of society. I will go so far as to say had universities(biggest criminals) not implements diversity quotas 40 years ago, we would now have a cure for the vast majority of cancers. Instead we have mediocre scientists, Mediocre doctors(keep on giving the kill shot no questions asked), mediocre lawyers(incredibly mediocre judges) etc.

    And if you are right about the Software developer sector hiring more woman if this was implemented, again who cares? as long as they are the most qualified. Period. You dont see Sports teams hiring the worst players so they can lose every game, nor should companies, universities etc. be forced to do the same.

  17. #417
    Quote Originally Posted by Adamas102 View Post
    Don’t be stupid. We get to this point because “blind hiring” has never been a widespread thing. Nor would blind hiring NOW fix what decades worth of discriminatory practices have done. Qualified people will still get hired even with a more focused eye on diversity.
    Ah, so not being racist or sexist is being stupid now, great take you got there.
    In my opinion diversity can fuck right off, and I say that as a woman, and a "poc"
    It's disgusting if you hire based on skin color or genitals, also a great way to make people sexist and racist.
    "See that chick over there working IT? Probably a diversity hire, she wont' know shit"

    All hires should be blind hires, let the best people get the jobs, a high tide raises all boats.

  18. #418
    Hiring based on quotas...
    Firing based on accusations...
    Pay equity...


    yes, that's how you get a healthy, productive, roster of developers. /s

  19. #419
    Quote Originally Posted by tromage2 View Post
    More racist then your command you can’t get.
    You are one of those people that think that when a baby is born white he/she is a racist no matter what right…. You people are sick in the head.
    Dude, you misunderstood my intentions. I'm making fun of white progressives who think they need to save all the minorities because said minorities don't have the capacity to save themselves.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Utrrabbit View Post



    Spoken like a true rascist.
    If course. You can't define it (see Ibram X. Kendi, "racism is things that are racist") you can't even spell it. But if someone disagrees with you, they're a racist.

  20. #420
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    A few points:

    1. The meritocracy argument that so many are relying on doesn't hold up when you're talking about recruits for entry positions. Those recruits looking to get their first job in development, art, music, whatever are going to be pretty much blank slates. Othewise it wouldn't be an entry position. It's likely that a lot of the balancing will be done at this level.

    2. Recruiting will be wider and more formalized. That's a good thing. Moves internally should be put up and applied for just like any other job including outside recruitment. A job bid is a job bid and should seek the widest possible range of applicants.

    3. Hiring 'bros' of current employees will probably end.

    The real takeaway from Kotick's memo is that better pay transparency and no forced arbitration are things that employees wanted. They won. Good for them. And, if they can manage it, there will be no more bullshit among what are supposed to be professional colleagues. That's good too.

    I dont understand your first argument. Do people really believe that new recruits with little to no work experience is equal and blank slates?
    There are worlds of difference between people who graduate from the same university/technical college or whatever background they have. You act as if you could just aswell take 20 random strangers from a pool of 50 graduates and they would all be equal to the task at hand. Its pure nonsense

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Even at Blizzard there are entry-level positions that start an employee on the path to development. QA is one of them. There are others including internships which should be aggressively and fairly recruited with an eye toward diversity. Some internships work out, many don't. But the opportunity should be handed out in a fair manner.

    I have no argument with your comments on 'crunch' culture. It needs to go and it's acceptance in IT culture is more a manifestation of how badly projects are run, how unrealistic project target dates are, and the incompetence of team leaders, managers, and producers who should know better. As has been said earlier candidates that submit good portfolios of work likely have more value to the applicant than a computer science degree.

    This is one of the main reasons my old education institution has issues atm. You needed to have internship experience to graduate and there where very few positions available. The few that where was heavily handed out to females and other diverse people because the companies themselves didnt expect much off them anyway and got most of their pay refunded - so they might aswell get some diversity hires.

    What you are talking about here is literally sexist but because the narrative fits the male being the bbeg being sexist towards men just isnt seen as a bad thing

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •