Page 29 of 30 FirstFirst ...
19
27
28
29
30
LastLast
  1. #561
    Quote Originally Posted by Sialina View Post
    Oh, so you are a racist, I get it.

    Tell me how you are going to suck the bosses dick with blind hiring? Come on, at least think before you let your fingers hit they keyboard.

    I also didn't say anything about white men, you did, maybe you think you can tell women and others what to do? The racism of low expectations on full display here.

    I've seen how your great diversity initiatives tend to work, for example I need higher average grades to get into most schools because I'm Asian if I go to your country, how does that not equal letting people with lower grades take the same spots an Asian person with higher grades could've had?

    Cut it out with your white superiority narrative, it's sickening.
    You really just don’t know what you’re talking about. You apparently don’t know what “racism” means much less the long term effects of systemic discrimination. “Blind hiring” isn’t bad in and of itself but it completely ignores the issues that generations of discriminatory practices have caused.

  2. #562
    Quote Originally Posted by Adamas102 View Post
    You really just don’t know what you’re talking about. You apparently don’t know what “racism” means much less the long term effects of systemic discrimination. “Blind hiring” isn’t bad in and of itself but it completely ignores the issues that generations of discriminatory practices have caused.
    There is no "systemic" discrimination. Unless you count SocJus "diversity" mandates like this, of course. Jim Crow is dead, get over it. Also, great job "whitesplaining" to an Asian woman, you racist.
    Last edited by Darth Vowrawn; 2021-10-29 at 07:27 PM.

  3. #563
    Quote Originally Posted by Adamas102 View Post
    You really just don’t know what you’re talking about. You apparently don’t know what “racism” means much less the long term effects of systemic discrimination. “Blind hiring” isn’t bad in and of itself but it completely ignores the issues that generations of discriminatory practices have caused.
    Lets solve that by adding reverse discrimination, great plan. You might not be as smart as you think, as you proved when you thought you could suck someone's dick during a blind hiring test.

  4. #564
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    I just gave you an exact example but okay, keep shoving your head in the sand.

    All of this started off of the weirdest excuse of "NO ONE'S GONNA BE EQUALLY SKILLED THOUGH!" which is quite a silly claim/argument anyway.
    Hey it's okay you don't understand I get it.

  5. #565
    Quote Originally Posted by Xath View Post
    Hey it's okay you don't understand I get it.
    You realize when you had to stoop to insults and ridicule you basically admit that you're in the wrong...right?

    But moving on from this anyway, because it's pretty clear you're not going to accept the definition of qualification, and have an agenda to push here.

  6. #566
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    You realize when you had to stoop to insults and ridicule you basically admit that you're in the wrong...right?

    But moving on from this anyway, because it's pretty clear you're not going to accept the definition of qualification, and have an agenda to push here.
    Refusing to pound your head into a brick wall isn't admitting you are in the wrong.

  7. #567
    Had to stop reading all the comments after 2 pages. Same response over and over, "Most qualified should always get hired!". As if every job opening will only have 2 people applying and their applications are just a single number that tells the company who is best overall. Depending on the position, there could be dozens of applications with many being equally qualified on paper.

  8. #568
    Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    are you impying women or non binary people dont have skills for the job? wow dude...wow
    I can not speak for him but for myself. I‘m opposed to quotas in most cases because the math simply is wrong. First of all: How many male/female/diverse white/colored developers, office people, etc are out there. Let’s say the average „talent score“ of all these groups is the same, but there is more male white developers out there than white female developers. Like 70/30% - if you still hire 50/50%? That would discriminate that white male. And if those male developers where people of color? What if you had 100 straight male developers with 4 a subgroup of 4 outstanding ones competing with 3 „diverse“ ones (one that outshines them all, one average one and a complete failure). Would you still follow the quota even though the decision might lead to a mediocre product? People - regardless of background, sex, color of skin, religion should be hired based on their talent and not because of some stupid quota that doesn’t even match demographics.
    I‘m a white male working in a company with at least 70% woman of diverse ethnic backgrounds on all levels of the hierarchy. They where not hired because they fulfilled some quota, but because in my field of research there are more women. I don‘t feel harrased or threatend because of that, because I don‘t work in a toxic environment.
    Our CEO and owner is actually a nice guy, who treats people with respect and unlike Bobby K. he doesn’t need to make a big announcement because he first grabbed 100 million bucks without shame to later of to work for „minimum wage“ for an undefined amount of time. Why? Because my CEO doesen‘t take that money in the first place…

  9. #569
    Quote Originally Posted by Fubar2323 View Post
    Had to stop reading all the comments after 2 pages. Same response over and over, "Most qualified should always get hired!". As if every job opening will only have 2 people applying and their applications are just a single number that tells the company who is best overall. Depending on the position, there could be dozens of applications with many being equally qualified on paper.
    Sure, dozens of "equally qualified", but the deciding factor is a quota % that needs to be filled. More so, setting a quota will require hiring of said quota, i can already imagine the ad. "Wanna work for blizzard? Are you non-white or non-male? APPLY NOW", which is a form of discrimination on itself.

    I'm all for diverse recruitment, be it race, gender, identity, whatever, but quotas are a bad way to go about it.

  10. #570
    Elemental Lord callipygoustp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    8,429
    Having been part of the hiring process for various development teams over the past 20-25 years, one thought comes to mind "good fucking luck."

    You can't hire diversity if diversity isn't applying for the jobs; in particular applicants with the necessary skills. In several of the cases I was involved in, while there was a push for diversity and we did get "diverse" applicants, applicants were still required to have the necessary skills/skill level: Too often they didn't/don't.

  11. #571
    Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    I'm all for diverse recruitment, be it race, gender, identity, whatever, but quotas are a bad way to go about it.
    Exactly. The only true equality is UNDER THE LAW, where people should be judged by their own talents and virtues, not their gender, ethnicity, identity, or sexual orientation.

  12. #572
    Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    Ah yeah, I'm sure those female interns were the ones that tanked the company. Sure thing, buddy. Please, continue to show your bigotry to everyone.

    - - - Updated - - -



    This is bullshit, unless you're saying your daughter A.) has no access to any forms of media, B.) doesn't spend time around any other children, C.) picks out all of her own toys and clothes, and D.) doesn't observe actions from her own family. You act like it's nature when in reality it's nurture. Or have you actually been offering her both "boy" and "girl" toys, clothes, etcetera and letting her choose?

    And just to be clear, I'm not attacking you or claiming you're a bad parent in any way, I don't think there's anything wrong with what you've described, but it's not magically neutral and perfectly unbiased like you're saying it is.

    EDIT: Forget B, I misread what you said on that one and her not having contact with other kids, my bad.
    They never specified what counts as 'girls activities.'

    All kids like learn and enact on curiosities. This is why most programs offer the same curriculum with very little difference (i.e. Boy/Girl scouts). Kids try to imitate adults, but never specifically one, they'll try different roles they deem fun. Child developmentalists observe kindergarten-aged children play with all kinds of toys, ranging from dolls, figures, imitation medical equipment, kitchenware, etc.

    Not worth breaking one's head over one observation, let alone one that is only the co-parenting of one child. It's just not enough data, it cannot be used to predict other population samples.

  13. #573
    Quote Originally Posted by Sialina View Post
    Lets solve that by adding reverse discrimination, great plan. You might not be as smart as you think, as you proved when you thought you could suck someone's dick during a blind hiring test.
    I mean, first off you seem to have a difficult time with reading comprehension if you thought a comparison of racism of old vs what might be more prevalent today was any sort of commentary on blind hiring. This is the second time you’ve made that mistake so it’s pretty obvious there’s no point in trying to have a discussion. That point is further made clear by you trying to invoke “reverse discrimination” as a legitimate argument. What a fucking joke…

  14. #574
    lol in the SWE world especially in the bay area(silicon valley) there are already issues of reverse discrimination. I can't wait till we create new problems that only end up bringing us into a cycle of the same crap. I like that people want to do something about the issues there are currently, but most of these "solutions" are just bitter respite that have spiteful intentions in the long run. I don't see people trying to create solutions, all i see in this industry is people trying to get payback or get even. It's pretty sad and if you look in the comments on this one mmo-champion post it's the same everywhere on this topic alone. You can clearly see the back and fourth arguments here show that no one is really looking for a solution. Just a way to stop change or a way to create change with vengeance tied to it.

  15. #575
    Quote Originally Posted by Adamas102 View Post
    I mean, first off you seem to have a difficult time with reading comprehension if you thought a comparison of racism of old vs what might be more prevalent today was any sort of commentary on blind hiring. This is the second time you’ve made that mistake so it’s pretty obvious there’s no point in trying to have a discussion. That point is further made clear by you trying to invoke “reverse discrimination” as a legitimate argument. What a fucking joke…
    people really need to construct this reality where qualification means nothing so they can.... keep being outraged on made up people's behalf, it's very reminiscent of the behavior used by the dreaded SJW.

  16. #576
    Quote Originally Posted by Adamas102 View Post
    I mean, first off you seem to have a difficult time with reading comprehension if you thought a comparison of racism of old vs what might be more prevalent today was any sort of commentary on blind hiring. This is the second time you’ve made that mistake so it’s pretty obvious there’s no point in trying to have a discussion. That point is further made clear by you trying to invoke “reverse discrimination” as a legitimate argument. What a fucking joke…
    You might want to learn how to argue without using ad hominem, it's hard to take you seriously when your first words were "don't be stupid" Second, you didn't refute my claim. Nowhere did I say that they would hire people with rocks for brains instead of white men, that is your very own strawman, and you can stop trying to knock it down now, because you just look dumb.
    Second, how does blind hiring further racism?
    Third, discriminating against someone based on sex or skin color is discrimination, doesn't really matter if that person is asian, black, man, woman, white, trans, bi or anything else.

    How about this time, instead of ad hominem and attacking a strawman position you actually try to answer the points in my post?

    Third, thanks for man and whitesplaining it all for me, talking about "fucking jokes"

  17. #577
    Quote Originally Posted by Adamas102 View Post
    I mean, first off you seem to have a difficult time with reading comprehension if you thought a comparison of racism of old vs what might be more prevalent today was any sort of commentary on blind hiring. This is the second time you’ve made that mistake so it’s pretty obvious there’s no point in trying to have a discussion. That point is further made clear by you trying to invoke “reverse discrimination” as a legitimate argument. What a fucking joke…
    Racism is racism, there is no old and new. Your team took a loaded term and kept adding definitions to it in order for it to better apply to your would be enemies and it worked, it made the word meaningless. Half of the US would be proud to be called racist today because of people like you.

  18. #578
    i have a penis. and i want to keep it. is this okay?

  19. #579
    Quote Originally Posted by Vizrahen View Post
    Racism is racism, there is no old and new. Your team took a loaded term and kept adding definitions to it in order for it to better apply to your would be enemies and it worked, it made the word meaningless. Half of the US would be proud to be called racist today because of people like you.
    because:
    A) you're just racist
    or
    B) have no actual politics beyond knee jerk reactions and therefore have very little to add to any conversation on the matter.

  20. #580
    I am Murloc!
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    5,547
    Quote Originally Posted by Xath View Post
    Not creating a user login to read that but any hiring process that takes race sexual orientation or gender into consideration is inherently discriminatory no matter how it's dressed up
    that's really weird, it didn't require a log in when I shared the page...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •