Page 6 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Oh please.

This entire "best financial interest of the company" is just a silly argument.
    Unless one can prove beyond a reasonable doubt that an Executive chose knowningly an option that makes less money, it holds no value.

By that logic, an investor could sue Activions Blizzard because selling halfbaked WoW Expansions generates less revenue than properly developed ones.

Point is, incompetence is a legitimate excuse, in which case the investors have to remove the executives but they can't sue them unless they can prove Kotick knew diversity hires makes them less money but chose to implement that policy regardless.
    (And frankly, such a ruling would be a political nuke in the current enviroment)

But even disregarding that, the investors would have proof in a court that Activision Blizzard systemically hired less skilled people in favour of more skilled people solely based on their identity - something that is damn difficult to prove as you need to access to the applications for a ton of position and highlight how in each case, there were clearly more competent people within the pool and that the critical factor was the identity.

You will not get a hand on that many applications without a court forcing Activision Blizzard to reveal them, which would then also likely run into issues because applications naturally contain personal data, which just cannot be shared with anyone.

It's like when you hire an utterly incompetent person for a job who by accident causes serious financial damage to your company, unless you can highlight that they knowingly caused that damage, you will not be able to sue them, you're at fault for hiring incompetent people.
    so you actualy think blizzard would wilingly hire people knowing it will lead to them losing money?

Quote Originally Posted by Loveliest View Post
    The limited understanding of people about equal opportunity is astounding. Oh no, "this means that women and nb will be shit and it's not based on merit! )" Guys, read a bit, do some research before digging for your hate. But hate and finding fault is so much easier and requires nothing. Stop reaching for false and misunderstood racism and sexism against the poor privilleged white male groups.
    You forgot to put pronouns in your bio
    Censorship apologists deserve [REDACTED]

Quote Originally Posted by Tic Tacs View Post
    I hope people understand that by paying for Blizzard games/services they are basically paying for all of this.
    The situation I used to be paying for was much worse, apparently.

ITT: Pissy white men.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Translation: We won't be hiring people for their skills but for what they have between their legs/what they identify as.
    Sorry, but someone has to call people like you out for this BS.

The fact that 77% of Blizzard employees are currently male tells us unequivocally that their past hiring policy has been biased by, as you put it, what people have between their legs.

Achieving more representative employment, when implemented correctly, is not about introducing biases, but about removing them. It's about recognising that skewed representation is the result of existing biases and eliminating them.

Quote Originally Posted by Falkeshall View Post
    ITT: Pissy white men.
    Burnouts in their 20s who blame society for being lazy unmotivated NEETS.

Quote Originally Posted by Loveliest View Post
    The limited understanding of people about equal opportunity is astounding. Oh no, "this means that women and nb will be shit and it's not based on merit! )" Guys, read a bit, do some research before digging for your hate. But hate and finding fault is so much easier and requires nothing. Stop reaching for false and misunderstood racism and sexism against the poor privilleged white male groups.
    Where I live, I tried joining a company that I am very friendly with for a job. I had all the experience, and skills needed and more! But someone with just one years experience got in, because they were from a catholic background while I am Protestant (different laws here, and I was told on the DL that was the reason why, to match a quota). Does that seem equal to you?

I'd like to express my utmost respect to this sites mod-team. Terrific work!

Bob Gallywix dont give a shit to blizzard products as i can see after reading this mail

Quote Originally Posted by Soikona View Post
    Where I live, I tried joining a company that I am very friendly with for a job. I had all the experience, and skills needed and more! But someone with just one years experience got in, because they were from a catholic background while I am Protestant (different laws here, and I was told on the DL that was the reason why, to match a quota). Does that seem equal to you?
    Since your location says Northern California, you then promptly began a lawsuit because religious discrimination is very illegal in the US?

Quote Originally Posted by Raelbo View Post
    Sorry, but someone has to call people like you out for this BS.

The fact that 77% of Blizzard employees are currently male tells us unequivocally that their past hiring policy has been biased by, as you put it, what people have between their legs.

Achieving more representative employment, when implemented correctly, is not about introducing biases, but about removing them. It's about recognising that skewed representation is the result of existing biases and eliminating them.
    Or the females that applied were not as experienced or qualified as the males? Why is that not a possibility?

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    so you actualy think blizzard would wilingly hire people knowing it will lead to them losing money?
    That is irrelevant.

I am saying that the argument "they are obliged to hire only the best because they are legally obliged to act in the best interest of the company" is horseshit, because you'll not be able to proof that in a court.
    You're stating that there is a legal failsafe, i am saying that legal failsafe cannot be realistically enforced.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Gorefiend View Post
    Since your location says Northern California, you then promptly began a lawsuit because religious discrimination is very illegal in the US?
    Considering I moved back home to Northern Ireland, and didn’t update that, what you said is not relevant. Here, in NIreland, it is legal. Specially for public sector jobs.

do you also get mad when a busty chick gets hired at hooters instead of a fat neckbeard dude?

Quote Originally Posted by Raelbo View Post
    Or maybe more men applied to Blizzard than women in the past and/or there were more professional men than women applying for the job.

But it can't be that right
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Considering I moved back home to Northern Ireland, and didn’t update that, what you said is not relevant. Here, in NIreland, it is legal. Specially for public sector jobs.
    Gotcha, didn't know Ireland was like that.

' We will increase the percentage of women and non-binary people in our workforce by 50% and will invest $250 million to accelerate opportunities for diverse talent' this is a big problem in my book, a team should be made pure on talents/experience, etc, not because of sex/gender/color, etc, I have nothing against a woman or non-binary people BUT if you have xx number of people and that person is a man, he should be hired without hesitation

Good plan.Invest 250 mil dollars to increase the number of women who work at Blizzard in 5 years time,even faster if possible.Then another 250 for bla bla bla in a 10 year plan.
    Not sure the company will be here for another 5 year at this rate and even if they are with enough people quitting the games this company has there will be no money to spend on.You think a company will invest 500 mil when the "cow no longer produces enough milk"?

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    That is irrelevant.

I am saying that the argument "they are obliged to hire only the best because they are legally obliged to act in the best interest of the company" is horseshit, because you'll not be able to proof that in a court.
    You're stating that there is a legal failsafe, i am saying that legal failsafe cannot be realistically enforced.
    ofc you cant prove that,but my point was that they wont be hiring people that wont be qualified,some of the people here seem to think they will just pick random people off the street to fill a quota

Is that really the worst you can do?

Make this site go viral for the lack of moderation on Main-Page posts!