Page 7 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    do you also get mad when a busty chick gets hired at hooters instead of a fat neckbeard dude?
    I never been to there, so I don’t really have an opinion, but is that not one of the requirements for their employment making the female more qualified?

Quote Originally Posted by unixxx0rn View Post
    Gas chamber them all now.
    Even the women? Like, only men would remain? Sounds gay.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Gorefiend View Post
    Gotcha, didn't know Ireland was like that.
    Northern Ireland, not Ireland. I don’t think Ireland has any laws like that. Point being, I lost a job due to ticking a box to a less qualified person. It does happen, and if it didn’t exist, I would have the job, the more qualified. Afaik, it didn’t work out and he was gone after the 6 month probation.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soikona View Post
    Or the females that applied were not as experienced or qualified as the males? Why is that not a possibility?
    While this is entirely possible if you're looking at a single position, it's just not credible when applied to an organisation the size of Blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    MMO-C Mods need to borrow a Hammer
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

I never been to there, so I don’t really have an opinion, but is that not one of the requirements for their employment making the female more qualified?
    who decides that?

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    it looks like no one around is worthy to pick it up.

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    this site is a joke,people get banned instantly right and left for ''trolling'' when having obvious serious discourse,but obvious trolls or white supremacists get a pass,iv seen plenty of those coments not even from burner accounts every day,its kinda clear about the ideology of the people runing it,ill likely be banned just for pointing it out
    Last edited by deenman; 2021-10-28 at 03:49 PM.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raelbo View Post
    Sorry, but someone has to call people like you out for this BS.

The fact that 77% of Blizzard employees are currently male tells us unequivocally that their past hiring policy has been biased by, as you put it, what people have between their legs.

Achieving more representative employment, when implemented correctly, is not about introducing biases, but about removing them. It's about recognising that skewed representation is the result of existing biases and eliminating them.
    Are you trying to say that 50% of the applicants were female, but Blizzard actually had a biais towards hiring male?

Really?

If anything, it shows that Blizzard actually had a biais towards hiring more diversity, because this industry in general is probably more around 90% male.

who decides that?
    I don’t know, like I said, I have never been, never mind worked in their HR department. Why are you asking me that?

- - - Updated - - -

While this is entirely possible if you're looking at a single position, it's just not credible when applied to an organisation the size of Blizzard.
    It could easily be though. If it was a case of only wanting males, why is it not all males then? Are you saying, that it’s not even a remote possibility?

Imagine how thankful Square must be to exist in Japan and basically ignore all the western focus on hiring practices.
    A better way to think about Casual v Hardcore: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...asual-Hardcore

Quote Originally Posted by Tyris Flare View Post
    Imagine how thankful Square must be to exist in Japan and basically ignore all the western focus on hiring practices.
    using one of the most xenophobic countries on earth as an example isnt very good

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Or maybe more men applied to Blizzard than women in the past and/or there were more professional men than women applying for the job.
    This is still a bias.

Honestly, I struggle to understand how anyone can so oblivious to something so obvious. Stop being so defensive and try to be objective. If there were no biases based on gender, then workplaces would be pretty close to representative of the gender composition of the population. Same applies to other demographics.

Now, to be fair, not all the biases against women are Blizzard's fault. Society at large, and history, play significant roles too. And the sooner people start to acknowledge this, the better it will be for humanity.

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    But it can't be that right
    How about demonstrating a bit of critical thinking in your posts before rolling your eyes?

Sure, add more systems and see how it fails just like shadowlands. They never learn.

I'm just saying it is WoW's biggest competition and their office/corp can basically slip completely under the radar. Some amount of WoW players moving to FF because they think Blizzard is gross yet Square gets to completely sidestep all of the song and dance of western corporate parlance and culture. It's pretty wild.
    A better way to think about Casual v Hardcore: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...asual-Hardcore

This is still a bias.
    Literally not bias.

If more men applied for the job, more men applied for the job. There's nothing left to say here.

What you proposed is an interpretation, one of the many, not a fact.

What is a fact is that going forward Activision will be biased and prioritize a certain group of people when hiring. This is factually proven as per Activision's statement; but you failed to prove it was already happening in the past.
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2021-10-28 at 03:56 PM.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

ofc you cant prove that,but my point was that they wont be hiring people that wont be qualified,some of the people here seem to think they will just pick random people off the street to fill a quota
    No, your point was "there is this law that prevents them from doing that".

I am telling you that this law cannot be enforced in this context.
    It is however entirely possible that they'll hire less skilled people fill a quota because game development is, like a lot of software based industries, male dominated.

It's not exactly very abstract math that within an industry, where only 24% of employees are female, you'll be able to reach a quota of 33%+ without seeing any decrease in competence of your employees.
    Disregarding that this 24% number is based on game development as a whole and numbers may vary depending on the field, such as art, coding or server engineering and i'm not sure if that quota will vary between fields / departments.

They basically have to snipe the very best female employees in order to maintain their quota while also keeping the overall competence the same, which is naturally a bigger as hurdle as opposed to "we'll just hire the person we see as most suited for the job".

It's not guarantee, but it is certainly a possibility.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2021-10-28 at 03:58 PM.

If there were no biases based on gender, then workplaces would be pretty close to representative of the gender composition of the population.

How about demonstrating a bit of critical thinking in your posts before rolling your eyes?
    That assumes everything the world is 100% nurture and 0% nature, which is not true.

They would certainly be closer to the population than they are now, but in no way 50/50.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    It could easily be though. If it was a case of only wanting males, why is it not all males then? Are you saying, that it’s not even a remote possibility?
    Who said anything about only wanting males? You're trying to strawman.

So let me remind you again. What I said is that the numbers point to the existence of biases that favour men. Given the "fratboy culture" that we now know has been endemic at Blizzard for decades, this shouldn't come as a surprise.

Yeah yeah. Now tell us whats the plan for your future IPs. Maybe?