Page 20 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BelziBhaal View Post
    Diversity is a disgusting racist ideology. We are supposed to be living in a meritocracy. Those who are most qualified should get the job. It should not go to someone who is a woman or "non binary" (this does not exist btw. It's a delusion). If I was given a job simply because I am a black woman, I would be fucking furious. I want to get a job because I have fucking well earned it. Not because of what my skin colour is or what is between my legs. To do so is demeaning and racist. It says that I only get the job because I am a black woman and I would not have gotten it otherwise.

What an absolute waste of $250 million.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Yep, I don't know why/how minorities are happy about this. If I were a woman and I realized I was hired just because of my gender I'd be pissed, because I'd feel like all my skills, all my knowledge, all I built throughout my life was meaningless and I should just thank the world for being a woman.
    Appeal to meritocracy is a joke when minorities aren't given the same opportunities to cultivate their merits because of their socioeconomic status. In your case it's nothing more than an attempt to hide your own racism.

Ok since there is a lot of dumbasses here.

Blizzard has literally been CONSTANTLY hiring for years, in countless deparments.
    They are not going to turn down white people who are skilled cause "we need diversity" but they will be hiring both, and using extra money (that 250 million) in order to help recruit more diverse options.

They are still going to do normal hiring's, just like how universities still accept normal scholarships. Just they will be putting aside extra money in order to bring in more diversity.

Quote Originally Posted by Clone View Post
    Appeal to meritocracy is a joke when minorities aren't given the same opportunities to cultivate their merits because of their socioeconomic status. In your case it's nothing more than an attempt to hide your own racism.
    Every family/individual that's doing well had to, at one point down the genealogical tree, overcome difficulties, lack of opportunity and a lowly socioeconomic status. This is especially true for the US which were colonized by people who didn't have enough opportunities in a largely feudal and uncompromising Europe.

Opportunity is important, but mandatory quotas aren't. Saying they'll raise the number of whatever other groups they prefer by 50% is a mandatory quota which isn't necessarily going to be matched by an adequate number of skilled individuals.
    Last edited by Magnagarde; 2021-10-29 at 12:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Vindicator View Post
    The racist and sexist lads are really exposing themselves with this one aren't they
    Seriously: the self-victimization, obviously phony anecdotes, overblown slippery-slope "hypothetical scenarios," and essentialist woo-woo would say volumes all by themselves.

We will continue to increase visibility on pay equity – As described in the recent note from our President, Daniel Alegre, and our Chief Administrative Officer, Brian Bulatao, the company continues to focus on pay equity for employees. In fact, our U.S. analysis showed that women at the company on average earned slightly more than men for comparable work in 2020. To ensure transparency on our continuing commitment to pay equity, we will report these results annually.
    Called it. This is actually a trend across most industries right now. Women generally make more than their male counterparts and the only difference is that they're women. hmmm

[Rothulivic] [Twitch] [Twitter] Signature by Serryn

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dacia Ultan View Post
    Seriously: the self-victimization, obviously phony anecdotes, overblown slippery-slope "hypothetical scenarios," and essentialist woo-woo would say volumes all by themselves.
    Yeah, it's a problem. Has been from the start of all of this. Lost in the noise is the simple fact that Blizzard employees seem to have won on pay transparency and especially on arbitration. The corporate surrender on mandatory arbitration is a big deal.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

What a load of BS. You just think that "non-whites" can't succeed on their own merits as individuals.

So men work their asses off without support and still wont get the job

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Vowrawn View Post
    What a load of BS. You just think that "non-whites" can't succeed on their own merits as individuals.
    Soft bigotry of low expectations, also known as a white savior complex

[Rothulivic] [Twitch] [Twitter] Signature by Serryn

Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    His solution to some employees harassing other employees is to make sure there are more "non-binary" and female employees? Can you imagine the kind of direction Warcraft as a franchise is going to take? Female bodies are already being turned into fruitbowls and the franchise is being rinsed of anything even remotely funny, naughty or "controversial"(which is pretty much everything these days). Questionable behaviour of certain employees aside, the apparently(I guess?) too white and too male Blizzard, which was packed with nerds who were into fantasy RPGs, managed to make an amazing franchise which is now unreckognizable. Blizzard used to make memorable and greatly appreciated female characters since the early 2000s across all their IPs. Unsurprisingly, the more ActivisionBlizzard doubles down on "diversity", the worse their writing and representation gets. Their creations don't seem to come from a position of inspiration, understanding of what they do and overall love for it, but the position of mandatory quotas and virtue signalling.
    My feelings exactly. Diversity, inclusion and equity basically means white men are evil and need to be fired/replaced (unless they "identify" as gay or "non-binary" and even then you're still considered part of the problem). Anything that's funny or edgy is censored to appease a crowd who were never taught coping skills in life and were coddled. And hard work is now considered racist and people need to be overcompensated for the sake of identity politics.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Vowrawn View Post
    I find it hillarious how your profile is named after a pureblood Sith whose skin color is red. Darth Vowrawn would certainly benefit from Bobby's plan.

Everyone should definitely be aware of privileges they got.

But here’s what strikes me as weird about this whole thing: there’s an idea that background and advantages somehow shouldn’t matter, but to me that’s hopelessly naive. A society should reward parents who emphasize education, help them on homework, read books to them, etc., all things that are correlated with wealth. You can’t expect the school system to be solely responsible for getting everyone a chance; that’s manifestly impossible.

But obviously a society should also encourage social mobility - it’s bad to have a permanent underclass, and that’s the problem we have now.

Where I’m completely lost is where people think the solution is to put more minorities in Ivy League schools or working at big multinational corporations, implying that the problem is systemic racism at companies like Blizz or schools like Harvard. I’ve worked at a software company - the idea that they are racist is laughable, you know how many Asian/Indian guys work at those places?

To me, the problem is urban schools, where most gifted programs are being gradually and systematically dismantled by liberals in a quixotic attempt to reach everyone (which is hopeless). DiBlasio just ended the elementary school gifted and talented program in nyc this month.

This means that most urban school systems in the US don’t educate anyone well; it’s just a disaster of epic proportions.

To me, opportunity means work hard and be rewarded. Get good grades, get into an advanced program, change your socioeconomic status. Dismantling these opportunities for urban kids feels incredibly backward.

So overall it just feels like efforts to fix the problem by pointing at companies like Blizz and yelling, “stop being racist!”, while destroying high quality urban educational programs on the other end, is fascinatingly dumb. But then again, maybe the people in charge of the liberal movement weren’t chosen based on merit?

Gender is a whole different subject, I’ve already laid out most of my thoughts in earlier posts.
    Last edited by Coniferous; 2021-10-29 at 12:56 AM.

If this was the company i worked for, id quit on the spot, later.

Quote Originally Posted by Shmazard View Post
    If this was the company i worked for, id quit on the spot, later.
    Idd, blizzard openly being racist under the diverse flag is sick.
    Everybody now working at blizzard and playing their games is now part of a racist organization that is focused on skin color and gender.

Hey, he took a pay cut!

That matters zero when he's been earning millions upon millions for years. He has more than enough money for himself and his family and heirs to live on for a very, very long time. Total symbolic gesture. But it looks good on paper (or in blue text).

i wonder if in the future blizzard will be an example in bussiness schools of how a company with the goose of the golden eggs imploded slowly in time by stupid and idiotic management.

Quote Originally Posted by The Vindicator View Post
    The racist and sexist lads are really exposing themselves with this one aren't they
    So are the white saviors, aka the real racists.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Blizzard has literally been CONSTANTLY hiring for years, in countless deparments.
    They are not going to turn down white people who are skilled cause "we need diversity" but they will be hiring both, and using extra money (that 250 million) in order to help recruit more diverse options.

They are still going to do normal hiring's, just like how universities still accept normal scholarships. Just they will be putting aside extra money in order to bring in more diversity.
    That offends the self-entitled in and of itself.

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Yeah, it's a problem. Has been from the start of all of this. Lost in the noise is the simple fact that Blizzard employees seem to have won on pay transparency and especially on arbitration. The corporate surrender on mandatory arbitration is a big deal.
    I doubt the crowd wailing about how this is an injustice really care about whether or not this is a step towards addressing the ethics scandal. Most of them probably don't acknowledge that this is an ethics scandal at all. Hell, I've seen a few little muppets outright insisting that the allegations are false, that this is P.C. gone mad, and so on.

Quote Originally Posted by tomolak View Post
    More racist then your command you can’t get.
    You are one of those people that think that when a baby is born white he/she is a racist no matter what right…. You people are sick in the head.
    Last edited by tromage2; 2021-10-29 at 02:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    "Lastly, I want to ensure that every available resource is being used in the service of becoming the industry leader in workplace excellence. Accordingly, I have asked our Board of Directors to reduce my total compensation until the Board has determined that we have achieved the transformational gender-related goals and other commitments described above. Specifically, I have asked the Board to reduce my pay to the lowest amount California law will allow for people earning a salary, which this year is $62,500. To be clear, this is a reduction in my overall compensation, not just my salary. I am asking not to receive any bonuses or be granted any equity during this time. "

Wow. what an absolute moron. How about if you want them to have more resources for this. You pay back the 200 or so mill you got in a bonus?
    Not fucking hard to reduce your salary to look like the good guy when you have a bank account full of millions now is it
    The bonus was to the guy that left. Wrong person. Once agains the nets blind rage without though shows.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tomolak View Post
    Spoken like a true rascist.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    His solution to some employees harassing other employees is to make sure there are more "non-binary" and female employees? Can you imagine the kind of direction Warcraft as a franchise is going to take? Female bodies are already being turned into fruitbowls and the franchise is being rinsed of anything even remotely funny, naughty or "controversial"(which is pretty much everything these days). Questionable behaviour of certain employees aside, the apparently(I guess?) too white and too male Blizzard, which was packed with nerds who were into fantasy RPGs, managed to make an amazing franchise which is now unreckognizable. Blizzard used to make memorable and greatly appreciated female characters since the early 2000s across all their IPs. Unsurprisingly, the more ActivisionBlizzard doubles down on "diversity", the worse their writing and representation gets. Their creations don't seem to come from a position of inspiration, understanding of what they do and overall love for it, but the position of mandatory quotas and virtue signalling.
    You are not smart are you. The reason blizzard is hiring more females and NB is because it is part of the deals being done. THE STATE most likely made it manditory for them to do so.