Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    Ah yeah, I'm sure those female interns were the ones that tanked the company. Sure thing, buddy. Please, continue to show your bigotry to everyone.

- - - Updated - - -

This is bullshit, unless you're saying your daughter A.) has no access to any forms of media, B.) doesn't spend time around any other children, C.) picks out all of her own toys and clothes, and D.) doesn't observe actions from her own family. You act like it's nature when in reality it's nurture. Or have you actually been offering her both "boy" and "girl" toys, clothes, etcetera and letting her choose?

And just to be clear, I'm not attacking you or claiming you're a bad parent in any way, I don't think there's anything wrong with what you've described, but it's not magically neutral and perfectly unbiased like you're saying it is.

EDIT: Forget B, I misread what you said on that one and her not having contact with other kids, my bad.
    They never specified what counts as 'girls activities.'

All kids like learn and enact on curiosities. This is why most programs offer the same curriculum with very little difference (i.e. Boy/Girl scouts). Kids try to imitate adults, but never specifically one, they'll try different roles they deem fun. Child developmentalists observe kindergarten-aged children play with all kinds of toys, ranging from dolls, figures, imitation medical equipment, kitchenware, etc.

Not worth breaking one's head over one observation, let alone one that is only the co-parenting of one child. It's just not enough data, it cannot be used to predict other population samples.

Quote Originally Posted by Sialina View Post
    Lets solve that by adding reverse discrimination, great plan. You might not be as smart as you think, as you proved when you thought you could suck someone's dick during a blind hiring test.
    I mean, first off you seem to have a difficult time with reading comprehension if you thought a comparison of racism of old vs what might be more prevalent today was any sort of commentary on blind hiring. This is the second time you’ve made that mistake so it’s pretty obvious there’s no point in trying to have a discussion. That point is further made clear by you trying to invoke “reverse discrimination” as a legitimate argument. What a fucking joke…

lol in the SWE world especially in the bay area(silicon valley) there are already issues of reverse discrimination. I can't wait till we create new problems that only end up bringing us into a cycle of the same crap. I like that people want to do something about the issues there are currently, but most of these "solutions" are just bitter respite that have spiteful intentions in the long run. I don't see people trying to create solutions, all i see in this industry is people trying to get payback or get even. It's pretty sad and if you look in the comments on this one mmo-champion post it's the same everywhere on this topic alone. You can clearly see the back and fourth arguments here show that no one is really looking for a solution. Just a way to stop change or a way to create change with vengeance tied to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Adamas102 View Post
    I mean, first off you seem to have a difficult time with reading comprehension if you thought a comparison of racism of old vs what might be more prevalent today was any sort of commentary on blind hiring. This is the second time you’ve made that mistake so it’s pretty obvious there’s no point in trying to have a discussion. That point is further made clear by you trying to invoke “reverse discrimination” as a legitimate argument. What a fucking joke…
    people really need to construct this reality where qualification means nothing so they can.... keep being outraged on made up people's behalf, it's very reminiscent of the behavior used by the dreaded SJW.

You might want to learn how to argue without using ad hominem, it's hard to take you seriously when your first words were "don't be stupid" Second, you didn't refute my claim. Nowhere did I say that they would hire people with rocks for brains instead of white men, that is your very own strawman, and you can stop trying to knock it down now, because you just look dumb.
    Second, how does blind hiring further racism?
    Third, discriminating against someone based on sex or skin color is discrimination, doesn't really matter if that person is asian, black, man, woman, white, trans, bi or anything else.

How about this time, instead of ad hominem and attacking a strawman position you actually try to answer the points in my post?

Third, thanks for man and whitesplaining it all for me, talking about "fucking jokes"

Racism is racism, there is no old and new. Your team took a loaded term and kept adding definitions to it in order for it to better apply to your would be enemies and it worked, it made the word meaningless. Half of the US would be proud to be called racist today because of people like you.

i have a penis. and i want to keep it. is this okay?

Quote Originally Posted by Vizrahen View Post
    Racism is racism, there is no old and new. Your team took a loaded term and kept adding definitions to it in order for it to better apply to your would be enemies and it worked, it made the word meaningless. Half of the US would be proud to be called racist today because of people like you.
    because:
    A) you're just racist
    or
    B) have no actual politics beyond knee jerk reactions and therefore have very little to add to any conversation on the matter.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xath View Post
    Not creating a user login to read that but any hiring process that takes race sexual orientation or gender into consideration is inherently discriminatory no matter how it's dressed up
    that's really weird, it didn't require a log in when I shared the page...

Quote Originally Posted by uuuhname View Post
    because:
    A) you're just racist
    or
    B) have no actual politics beyond knee jerk reactions and therefore have very little to add to any conversation on the matter.
    Why are you describing yourself? Those two points describe all fanatical Leftists to a ridiculous degree. You also proved him right by knee-jerking to call someone who doesn't agree with your Hegelian Dialectical BS a "racist" because it's easier than actually thinking you might be wrong about something.

Quote Originally Posted by craigw View Post
    i have a penis. and i want to keep it. is this okay?
    Just declare yourself nonbinary and your success is assured. Don't even make it public... just fill out your application and hiring forms that way! Claim that fear of persecution makes you uncomfortable so you prefer to continue to present as a man.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Vowrawn View Post
    Why are you describing yourself? Those two points describe all fanatical Leftists to a ridiculous degree. You also proved him right by knee-jerking to call someone who doesn't agree with your Hegelian Dialectical BS a "racist" because it's easier than actually thinking you might be wrong about something.
    I mean if you're proud to call yourself racist IDK what else you except me to take away from that... I gave two options for a reason. it's one or the other, and seeing how most people act on here again I'm not sure why it's absurd to assume the former... the latter is giving the benefit of the doubt. which, none of you really deserve but hey, I'm generous like that.
    Last edited by uuuhname; 2021-10-30 at 02:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    are you impying women or non binary people dont have skills for the job? wow dude...wow
    How do you function day by day being this stupid?

The more in game changes and responses Blizzard throws out there, the less respect I have for them. They are OVER-COMPENSATING for crimes that a small segment of their employees committed. Now everyone basically has to suffer. And suffer they will, because you can bet your ass HR will be notified of every perceived incident of "harassment" under the son. Looked at your female counter-part the wrong way? Fired! Walked too close to the women's restroom? Fired! Took a jellybean out of a female employee's candy cup? Fired!!!! At the same time, we can all pretend that this shit doesn't happen at every major company on the planet. I really wish everyone would just stfu about this (especially the "smash the patriarchy" people) so they can start focusing on content development again. If we're being honest with ourselves, no one really gives a shit about any of this anyway. People just pretend they do so they can be PC and not sound like a jackass. I like jackasses better--at least they're honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Googles View Post
    How do you function day by day being this stupid?
    since none of you have been able to extrapolate that they won't hire qualified people for the job; is it any wonder why the assumption is you just need an excuse to be angry about it?