Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by willtron View Post
    You clearly weren't here when it was Ghostcrawler. Everything thats being said can just replace Ion with Ghostcrawler. Whoever come next will get the same treatment.
    exactly this

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    good for him. He deserves a raise and better position than scapegoat. And best of luck to whoever fills the position. Honestly if blizzard learned anything, they shouldn't let who fills the spot be a public face since that just leads to hate mobs and more scapegoating.
    nah, they should let whoever fill the position be the public face BUT! they should fill the position with black woman (preferably gay), and push the forum whiners into stalemate

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    4chan as a source, heh.
    Monkeys and typewriters, and all. Legit leaks have sprouted up on 4chan very rarely before, albeit typically in a 'pre-alpha sense where a bunch of the leak was obsolete by the time of announcement.

But with the current situation actually, it would make sense that they have higher spots to fill now.

Which in that case, good for him. He deserves a raise and better position than scapegoat. And best of luck to whoever fills the position. Honestly if blizzard learned anything, they shouldn't let who fills the spot be a public face since that just leads to hate mobs and more scapegoating.
    In all sincerity, they need to bring on community reps again whose job it is to translate developer speak from team leaders that aren't exactly people persons into announcements/interviews the audience can vibe with. Public speaking skills when dealing with the general public are a whole different animal from public speaking in controlled environments like courtrooms, and the former just really isn't a skill most team leads at Blizzard have displayed.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    Danuser moving up to Game Director
    Calm down Satan.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ion can score any job he wants in gaming industry, for better $$ and less pain in the ass.

I don't know if this leak has any basis, but the moment I seen "associate game director" hiring, I pretty much understood it as Ion getting a better job and furthering his career.

He'll move up and leave this dumpster fire behind him.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    it will be EXACTLY the same as with ghostcrawlwer - he was the worst when he was "current" lead and now he is saint, Ion wont be different when (if) he leaves
    Or you guys can look at it objectively and realize that Ion has failed way more badly than Ghostcrawler ever did. You truly have to erase history and forget everything Ion has done to call him great.

Some people here act as they know him personally. "He's an awful leader" like they worked for him or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Ion can score any job he wants in gaming industry, for better $$ and less pain in the ass.

I don't know if this leak has any basis, but the moment I seen "associate game director" hiring, I pretty much understood it as Ion getting a better job and furthering his career.

He'll move up and leave this dumpster fire behind him.
    The dumpster fire he created, yes. He will get a nice parachute out of the disaster he created.

Quote Originally Posted by qwikz View Post
    Completely agree. Under Ion we got Battle for Azeroth, which featured azerite armor, island expeditions, warfront, war campaign. All well made features that were actively updated with more content as the expansion went on and did not at all get abandoned half way through. Then they reflected and took everything they learned from BFA and used it to give an even better experience in Shadowlands, with really quick content updates on top of that. He will also be remembered for all the feedback he took to heart and acted upon to give players a better experience, all the PTR feedback, al the non-evasive interviews. He totally did not ship his games with crap features that players had to endure for months before they tried to apply band-aid fixes, until they finally removed them completely.

Yeah, he will be remembered fondly!

/s
    I don't understand the sarcasm. Shame that you didn't enjoy the expansions, but i had a genuine blast, and apart from Island Expeditions and Warfronts, i pretty much enjoyed the duration of those expansions. M+ was a blast, Raiding was phenomenal, and the end sytems were sensational, with very exciting gameplay at the peak of azerites, corruptions and legendaries (even if with a rocky path to get to that point).

And on a side note, he never shied away from community interaction, did the Q&As (even if kinda dismissive of the most controversial topics), and owned up for his decisions.

I sincerely hope whoever comes next (when it happens), doesn't just turn into the next scapegoat the community targets by 'default', like Ghostcrawler or Shilton before him. He was also a breath of fresh air after very, very lackluster expansions (WoD, with its amazing .1 selfie cam patch, but i'm sure you loved that one, 'uh?).

So yea, again, sorry you didn't enjoy the game in his tenure, but respect the opinions of those who did.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    I have said many times that Ion leaving would destroy the raiding scene and kill the game. But even this leak doesn't make it sound like he is truly leaving.
    You say a lot of things to be fair, most of them fantastical.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's everything players want so clearly it's fake. </s>
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by datguy81 View Post
    So I was watching the shill show on you tube by Accolonn. He was saying there is a leak that Ion hazzikostas is leaving with 10.0 and moving up to a new position with Activation Blizzard. Now this is a "leak and could be total BS. but what impact do you think this would have on everything if true?
    I hope it's true. He tanked Wow so it's only hope is to get rid of him. Raid or Die? How did that work out for you?

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwijello View Post
    I hope it's true. He tanked Wow so it's only hope is to get rid of him. Raid or Die? How did that work out for you?
    Sorry to tell you, but that was the case since WoW's release. If you don't like that you are playing the wrong game.

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    I don't understand the sarcasm. Shame that you didn't enjoy the expansions, but i had a genuine blast, and apart from Island Expeditions and Warfronts, i pretty much enjoyed the duration of those expansions. M+ was a blast, Raiding was phenomenal, and the end sytems were sensational, with very exciting gameplay at the peak of azerites, corruptions and legendaries (even if with a rocky path to get to that point).

And on a side note, he never shied away from community interaction, did the Q&As (even if kinda dismissive of the most controversial topics), and owned up for his decisions.

I sincerely hope whoever comes next (when it happens), doesn't just turn into the next scapegoat the community targets by 'default', like Ghostcrawler or Shilton before him. He was also a breath of fresh air after very, very lackluster expansions (WoD, with its amazing .1 selfie cam patch, but i'm sure you loved that one, 'uh?).

So yea, again, sorry you didn't enjoy the game in his tenure, but respect the opinions of those who did.
    Oh I didn't doubt that you enjoyed the game, just like how a minority of people enjoy eating literal crap while the rest of us call it for what it is, a shitshow.

Im more surprised about this thread having zero gifs and images throwing a party about it.
    Tbh, is kinda neutral news to me so far.
    Unless a new director with a boner for "sandbox" steps in.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwijello View Post
    Seriously? That's your (in my opinion, inaccurate) issue with Hazzikostas and current WoW?

Oh I didn't doubt that you enjoyed the game, just like how a minority of people enjoy eating literal crap while the rest of us call it for what it is, a shitshow.
    Yes, wake up the sheep that don't know that the game isn't actually fun. Go save them!

Why are you so sure that your opinion is more important, or more accurate than others? That's just being silly, but i should have guessed it, no decent discussions to be had on MMOC, especially on a sunday, but alas, sure man, the game is shit, whoever enjoys it eats shit, and your opinions are facts that we should all align with. How dare people actually enjoy a game!

sigh.

Nothing would change - it would take a dramatic and fundamental shift in design philosophy, especially in regard to the classes and progression/systems, for me to personally be interested in the game again. I don't believe that will ever happen, no matter who is "in charge".
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

Or you guys can look at it objectively and realize that Ion has failed way more badly than Ghostcrawler ever did. You truly have to erase history and forget everything Ion has done to call him great.
    by "objectively" you mean YOUR way right? bcs OBJECTIVELY you have no fucking clue what either of them did except being "the face"...
    nevermind, not gonna waste my time, its pointless to argue with people who already decided they are right

- - - Updated - - -

well, some people "eat" crap, some people (noding towards you) talk it...

- - - Updated - - -

Why are you so sure that your opinion is more important, or more accurate than others? That's just being silly, but i should have guessed it, no decent discussions to be had on MMOC, especially on a sunday, but alas, sure man, the game is shit, whoever enjoys it eats shit, and your opinions are facts that we should all align with. How dare people actually enjoy a game!

sigh.
    right? how DARE WE enjoy the game he said is shit, after all, he is the very arbiter of truth /s

sigh.
    Why do you get so defensive when someone pokes fun at your taste of games? If you enjoy the game in its current state then you do you, there are plenty of reasons for why people play the game and there is no reason ever to validate it. Rather, you seem to have forgotten the original point that you claimed Ion would be remembered for doing "a good job", when almost all major features in his expansions have failed. You can claim that it was great all you want, the fact that they either removed or abandoned them does not scream "success".

If you ignore all that, then yeah I guess he did a pretty good copy paste job of the same gameplay loop that we've had for ages that he is not responsible for.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    by "objectively" you mean YOUR way right? bcs OBJECTIVELY you have no fucking clue what either of them did except being "the face"...
    nevermind, not gonna waste my time, its pointless to argue with people who already decided they are right
    You seem confused, you do know that they both had the position of Game Director for their respective expansions, right? The position that greenlights and is ultimately responsible for every single major feature and direction of the game right? And by that merit we can go back and check what worked and what didn't?

But I guess in Lala land we can just forget all that and say "I FEEL like he did an amazing job".