Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Probably true.

He seems like someone that would really want that higher up corporate position and I bet there are openings now after the scandals.

Plus WOW has been in a fairly underwhelming state for 3-4 years now, under his leadership. I can't help but feel like he'd not want to do it anymore and that the company wants someone different.

I actually think the higher ups are MORE to blame than Ion for the state of the game. There's actually a lot of great ideas in BFA and SL, they were just half baked and didn't get the time and attention they needed or not put in at all.

They seem more interested in forcing predatory retention tactics and other toxic bullshit to make a profit. That's stuff that comes from the higher ups.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azxza View Post
    The dumpster fire he created, yes. He will get a nice parachute out of the disaster he created.
    Nonsense, if anything he should be hailed for dragging this ancient game along another half a decade.

Additional double whammy of his workplace being filled with scumbags and global pandemic are not exactly his problem.

GhostCrawler left in what, late Cata early WoD?
    So, excluding Legion (which suffered from a lot of the systems issue noted in later expansions - it just had better pacing and content), Ion hasn’t had the best track record. Post-WoD is when systems creep went off the deepend.

For the record : I do not think Ion makes all the calls/shots/etc.
    But. He is signing off on them and always defends them pretty confidently. Therefore it’s safe to at least assume he is responsible for where we are to a sizable degree, and thus I wouldn’t mind someone new taking them helm, and hopefully directing a shift toward something else.
    Imagine if all the effort they put into balancing 4 interlocking player power systems (that get scrapped each expansion) just went into new content.
    What a world that’d be.
    Last edited by Villager720; 2021-10-31 at 08:00 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by datguy81 View Post
    So I was watching the shill show on you tube by Accolonn. He was saying there is a leak that Ion hazzikostas is leaving with 10.0 and moving up to a new position with Activation Blizzard. Now this is a "leak and could be total BS. but what impact do you think this would have on everything if true?
    None of the "leaks" in the past have turned out to be true; why should this one be any different?
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Greatest leak in gaming history if true

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Villager720 View Post
    GhostCrawler left in what, late Cata early WoD?
    So, excluding Legion (which suffered from a lot of the systems issue noted in later expansions - it just had better pacing and content), Ion hasn’t had the best track record. Post-WoD is when systems creep went off the deepend.
    Greg Street was lead systems designer. His boss was Game Director Tom Chilton. Ion is a Game Director.

This is the sort of confusion you get when everyone targets whoever is talking to players. You're right. There's no one person on the WoW team that makes most of the decisions. The team leads, producers and application management come to a consensus on major points.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Nonsense, if anything he should be hailed for dragging this ancient game along another half a decade.

Additional double whammy of his workplace being filled with scumbags and global pandemic are not exactly his problem.
    If he had simply dragged its corpse that would have been a much better result than what he actually did.

i heard this thing from this one guy on mmo...
    who heard it from a guy on youtube...
    who says there is a thing of some sort.
    which points to this event happening.

Good enough, now lets spread this propoganda around like its a hard truth.

Quote Originally Posted by willtron View Post
    You clearly weren't here when it was Ghostcrawler. Everything thats being said can just replace Ion with Ghostcrawler. Whoever come next will get the same treatment.
    maybe you shouldn't generalize or try to speak for me. i started in wrath when ghostcrawler was still around. also, why are you defending sexual harassment?

Quote Originally Posted by aceperson View Post
    maybe you shouldn't generalize or try to speak for me. i started in wrath when ghostcrawler was still around. also, why are you defending sexual harassment?
    What does Hazzikostas have to do with sexual harassment?

the guy should be fired. the guy has overseen THE WORST overall design in wows history and while he may not have actively been a creep, he did nothing to stop it. as the guy in charge for the main issue of the state lawsuit, he needs to be accountable.
    hes led the game to its biggest financial growth since he got in lol,hes getting promoted

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    What does Hazzikostas have to do with sexual harassment?
    he was the leader of the primary team that was listed in the state lawsuit. the wow team being specifically listed as one of the worst offenders means ion either participated in said harassment or (and possibly more likely) didn't do enough/anything to stop the harassment going on throughout his team. so whether or not ion is guilty of harassment himself, he is responsible for his team during the last 4 years. hence, ion should be held accountable for having one of the worst offending teams for this lawsuit.

15+ Year Old Account
    Ion singlehandedly destroyed pve in this game. His leaving would be great news.

Quote Originally Posted by datguy81 View Post
    So I was watching the shill show on you tube by Accolonn. He was saying there is a leak that Ion hazzikostas is leaving with 10.0 and moving up to a new position with Activation Blizzard. Now this is a "leak and could be total BS. but what impact do you think this would have on everything if true?
    no clue in any form. but whats rather conspicuous is, that we dont hear ANYTHING from Ion since a while, since a bit before the harrasment scandal started.

even for Blizz the last 3 years, Ion is VERY silent since a while. dont know if this means anything, but… at least i could imagine it. especially when you look at how many players they lost.

maybe managment decided its time for a change.

he was the leader of the primary team that was listed in the state lawsuit.
    and people who were named were in blizz BEFORE ION, and on the team with ghostcrawler...
    actualy, wasnt ghostcrawler PART of the whole "cosby suit" issue? even kinda tried to defended it after it get publicised...

The game has steadily declined since Ion became game director in 2016. I would not be the least bit surprised if they rotate him out of the position.

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    Seriously? That's your (in my opinion, inaccurate) issue with Hazzikostas and current WoW?
    In no way is that my ISSUE with wow. There are soooo many other problems with it. Ion has his head up his ass pretending to be a raider that he is blind to the problems and therefor can't fix them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    Sorry to tell you, but that was the case since WoW's release. If you don't like that you are playing the wrong game.
    I am not playing. I am now watching from the sidelines. The sunset is gorgeous with the dumpster fire burning against the smoggy Southern California skyline...

Quote Originally Posted by ActuaryBro View Post
    The game has steadily declined since Ion became game director in 2016. I would not be the least bit surprised if they rotate him out of the position.
    game was steadily declining since wrath, years before Ion was game director... or is that his fault too?

All I know is that if this is true his replacement will be a non binary transgender black person. I hope shim is good and can improve wow.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    game was steadily declining since wrath, years before Ion was game director... or is that his fault too?
    Be honest to yourself, wouldn't you rather play Cataclysm instead of BFA / Shadowlands? I don't know man, reconsider what you said.