Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lighthope View Post
    What exactly has Ion done that rates a promotion?
    I think it was Dilbert's Principle, and that's in a best case scenario.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Clearly, this post needs some WOW vs. FF flavor.
    Let me trigger some folks:

Ion > Yoshi-P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by azka View Post
    Clearly, this post needs some WOW vs. FF flavor.
    Let me trigger some folks:

Ion > Yoshi-P
    No, it doesn't need that and will get the thread closed.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Well, there's a new interview out today. I rather imagine he's been busy. It would be interesting to know how many people he's lost over the lawsuit. It doesn't take many to upset all of the apple carts.
    The "9.1.5 is a chance to experiment" and comments about drawing back on the cosmic stuff gives me the impression the 10.0 we will get is probably not going to look like the 10.0 that was planned 2 years ago.

Which hell could be a good thing at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by aceperson View Post
    why are you defending sexual harassment?
    account created in 2015, so doubt.

10/10 mental gymnastics though. You're going to have to explain this for me, my simple brain can't work out the 5D play you made to get to defending sexual harassement from effectively saying all the directors are the same and there's nothing new with the criticism being pushed towards Ion.

- - - Updated - - -

There's no one person on the WoW team that makes most of the decisions.
    You mean to tell me, all the things I hate about the game, because I know best as I've played for years, can't be directed at ONE person? That sounds sus to me. /s

- - - Updated - - -

No, it doesn't need that and will get the thread closed.
    Curious - why close a thread over one comment? Why not just ban and delete and let it keep going?

inb4 ban for questioning the sacred moderation that can never be wrong
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by willtron View Post
    Curious - why close a thread over one comment? Why not just ban and delete and let it keep going?
    Depends on how badly it derails a thread. Typically game vs. game is a lot. Best not to let it get started if the thread has any merit. Would rather not discuss it further as that's against the rules as well.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

If he really is leaving, good. I hope he hits every door on the way out. That recent interview of his a pile of maggot faeces.

Don't feel like reading 13 pages to catch up but I've got to say I doubt it. The recent interview with VentureBeat seems to be passing the state of the game on old designers who have a problem letting go of the past with regards to design and I'm sure he will be seen as the man spearheading the new hires into 10.0 and beyond. However, if 10.0 turns out to be a massive flop as well no doubt heads will roll.
    Check out my livestream and follow me on twitter.
    /
    I Livestream and do giveaways.

given they lost 20ish people plus other actions and he still with the company its possible he is moving up. As for how it impacts the game my guess is less min/max or die systems and better raiding for casuals at the expense of the hard cores.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    The leak itself is most likely bullshit, but it's not a farfetched notion, considering all that's been going on at the studio.

That said, if it was to happen, i'd be upset, since i think he was great for the game, i've been playing since early betas and besides vanilla\tbc, i've had the most enjoyment in this modern iterations (Legion-BFA-SL) of WoW.

Would wish him all the best, and thank him for his contributions, whilst hoping (yet not expecting) the game doesn't go in a worst direction for my liking.

Pretty sure people will just direct their frustration and anger towards the 'new face', whilst eventually acknowledging that Hazzikostas actually did a good job, or actually missing him.
    Ion wasnt in charge of Legion he came in for BFA and SL so hes been part of the worst aspects minus the cluster of WoD

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Moozart View Post
    How's that saying go about sticking with the devil you know or something?
    The devil I know is terrible I'd rather roll the dice

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    I don't understand the sarcasm. Shame that you didn't enjoy the expansions, but i had a genuine blast, and apart from Island Expeditions and Warfronts, i pretty much enjoyed the duration of those expansions. M+ was a blast, Raiding was phenomenal, and the end sytems were sensational, with very exciting gameplay at the peak of azerites, corruptions and legendaries (even if with a rocky path to get to that point).

And on a side note, he never shied away from community interaction, did the Q&As (even if kinda dismissive of the most controversial topics), and owned up for his decisions.

I sincerely hope whoever comes next (when it happens), doesn't just turn into the next scapegoat the community targets by 'default', like Ghostcrawler or Shilton before him. He was also a breath of fresh air after very, very lackluster expansions (WoD, with its amazing .1 selfie cam patch, but i'm sure you loved that one, 'uh?).

So yea, again, sorry you didn't enjoy the game in his tenure, but respect the opinions of those who did.
    M+ was a legion thing and he didnt have a hand in Legion design he came in for BFA and most of the systems were problematic at best, meh on average, and hated at worse. He had a stick up his ass and was unwilling to veer from his design no matter how detrimental it was to the game. The raids were great, everything else? Not so much.

Cant get worse so go for it. Probably not true anyway.

Has nobody here realise that the game has gone to shit because activision is financially putting the shackles on wow?
    The games poor reception isnt due to the lead being oblivious, he has player engagement quotas to meet, which is probably a stark contradiction to his personal game philosophy.

He is from elitist jerks ffs, he knows the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Azxza View Post
    Your experience with what? Posting on the internet for 22 years? lol. Thanks but I'll stick to the facts (Blizzard's continuous bungling of projects over a long period of time) over some boomer on the internet pretending he has a clue what's really going on at blizzard because he was a computer janitor for 22 years lol.
    oh, it seems i forgot to mention that i work in such companies as sw developer since 22 years. maybe the text not clearly shows that and it leads to confusion.

and as i said, its just xp, that is just based on mine and the ppl i know, also working in such companies. so all fine, just stick with your opinion/xp. i have no interests in convincing anyone about anything.

If he is leaving, then I am glad FOR HIM. WoW has become a bit of a stain on a person's resume at this point, and with Blizzard losing their aura of industry juggernaut, it's high time anyone with a modicum of ability to jumps ship.

Quote Originally Posted by Vampyrr View Post
    Ion wasnt in charge of Legion he came in for BFA and SL so hes been part of the worst aspects minus the cluster of WoD
    eh... he came to be game lead in 2016 and asistant game lead (which is most likely "takeover" position so he was doing at least some of the work) in 2015, so yeah, he was in charge of legion patches (you know, when they fix crapload of things people complained about in expansion, and now conveniently forget) and most likely did work on expansion itself

Quote Originally Posted by Felis igneus View Post
    I don't think he has designed an encounter in years. At best he might have more fruitful discussions with the lead encounter designer.
    Agreed, no way in hell he has. It would be like walking into the grocery store and seeing the guy that mopped the floors 10 years ago, that is now sitting in the manager's office, and looking down at the floor today and saying "that guy still does a hell of a job mopping the floor". Sure, we can say he might hold mopping the floor important thus he manages the store in a way that makes it get done. Maybe even makes sure it gets done in a certain way. But he isn't still mopping the floor himself anymore. The dude has other things to worry about.

Clown will be replaced by another clown, nothing changes.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm no fan of Ion but a leak from 4chan?

Give me a break.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    At this point I would be a little worried about who would replace him. I'm not saying there are no competent developers for a promotion within Blizzard or that he is perfect but he is at least a stable influence. And radical changes, even if needed, could be even worse. I don't even think Shadowlands is that bad of an expansion. It just suffered from delays in content.
    Huh? It’s one of the worst expansions yet. Even BFA had more content than Shadowlands.