View Poll Results: Allow transmogs to be acquired in pvp by killing a poor sod with said transmog on the

Voters
60. This poll is closed
  • Yay

6 10.00%
  • Nay

44 73.33%
  • Butts!

10 16.67%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by loras View Post
    So you see someone walking around and think to yourself: "Hey that's a nice ass transmog, i would like to have that too.".

So you go over to him, kick the poor chum's ass and loot his butt.

It happens again, but this time the butt-to-be-looted is on your own faction.

So you come up with an overly complicated plan to lure him into a free-for-all world pvp area, and as you are trying to manipulate him into springing your trap on him he whispers to you "Hey wanna duel for a chance of getting this sweet mog? Just 1k per duel.".

After swift calculations involving the fact that you have roughly half of his Ilvl you fight him a couple of times and eventually you are indeed awarded The Butt you desired.

A practical way to get old mog pieces in a less restrictive and less repetitive fashion, an additional motivator to pvp and a way to potentially bypass grinding.
    Additionally it allows mogs to be shared either consensually or after a trial of skill (naturally involving 11 rogues and a boomkin, just to make it fair).

So: Yay / Nay / Butts?
    Sounds actually fucking cool

How about you get good and just not lose to me?

- - - Updated - - -
    Tsk, no consequences to losing?
    Where's your inner elitist!
    Nothing short of good old pistol duel with live ammo will do. Aint anyone taking my transmogs by merely ganking in the game.

Or in other words as the saying goes: over my dead body.
    Last edited by Azadina; 2021-11-01 at 09:58 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Neh.

Other idea. Fashion is subjective but some of the elite sets are miles better than others IMO.

So, how about reaching elite gives you a special token you can trade in for any set from any season for the class you're using? Kind of like the pvp mount tokens you can get from ranked bgs etc.

5+ Year Old Account
    Ofc not, what a fucked up idea, then u will just form gank raids n get hard to get xmogs easy, which u don't deserve, too lazy to get yourself.

5+ Year Old Account
    Wait, so you say when I kill a player in a world pvp and he has let’s say a gladiator title will I loot his elite pvp transmog that I can never obtain?

I mean I find it lovely but this is a bit too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudmaker View Post
    Wait, so you say when I kill a player in a world pvp and he has let’s say a gladiator title will I loot his elite pvp transmog that I can never obtain?

I mean I find it lovely but this is a bit too much.
    There is potential to go harder. You steal his transmog - when you loot he loses it.
    Full loot transmog pvp!

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mbit View Post
    There is potential to go harder. You steal his transmog - when you loot he loses it.
    Full loot transmog pvp!
    God. Imagine all of those annoying arena runs to get this transmog and then someone comes in world PVP and just takes it from you. Ahahaha!

Quote Originally Posted by Azadina View Post
    Nothing short of good old pistol duel with live ammo will do. Aint anyone taking my transmogs by merely ganking in the game.

Or in other words as the saying goes: over my dead body.
    That's the spirit! Over your dead body indeed! ^^

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rendark View Post
    Since i'm not 14, i don't have one.
    Tsk, an old soul in a withered body, pitiful.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by UhmHi View Post
    Neh.

Other idea. Fashion is subjective but some of the elite sets are miles better than others IMO.

So, how about reaching elite gives you a special token you can trade in for any set from any season for the class you're using? Kind of like the pvp mount tokens you can get from ranked bgs etc.
    I also like that idea, but i see it as a separate thing from my idea.
    As i mentioned to another: It's primarily about the no-skill grindfest stuff from i.e. old raids and old pvp seasons.

Admittedly the more exclusive stuff doesn't warrant much of a special treatment in my eyes as i know how easy it is to get it if you want it (assuming you happen to be playing during the right time for the right set), but since others do value their e-peen very much i have no issue limiting this idea to the more common grindy mogs.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

So you see someone walking around and think to yourself: "Hey that's a nice ass transmog, i would like to have that too.".

So you go over to him, kick the poor chum's ass and loot his butt.

It happens again, but this time the butt-to-be-looted is on your own faction.

So you come up with an overly complicated plan to lure him into a free-for-all world pvp area, and as you are trying to manipulate him into springing your trap on him he whispers to you "Hey wanna duel for a chance of getting this sweet mog? Just 1k per duel.".

After swift calculations involving the fact that you have roughly half of his Ilvl you fight him a couple of times and eventually you are indeed awarded The Butt you desired.

A practical way to get old mog pieces in a less restrictive and less repetitive fashion, an additional motivator to pvp and a way to potentially bypass grinding.
    Additionally it allows mogs to be shared either consensually or after a trial of skill (naturally involving 11 rogues and a boomkin, just to make it fair).

So: Yay / Nay / Butts?
    One sentence to show you why this is a bad idea.

"WTS Tier 3 Priest. 5,000,000g."

Quote Originally Posted by Myzou View Post
    One sentence to show you why this is a bad idea.

"WTS Tier 3 Priest. 5,000,000g."
    I kinda covered that in the OP, and it's hardly different from boosting as is anyway.
    But as another suggested, it could easily be limited to just getting one of the mogs you don't have yet per kill, with a cooldown of, say, getting a chance once a week per person you kill.

Would help to avoid people getting chainganked over fancy looks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly good people wouldn't mind it, they've nothing to fear here; their loot will stay exclusive.
    You and I have very different definitions of what "good people" means.

Actually, you and the majority of people in this thread seem to have very different definitions of what "good people" means.
    "Torturing someone is not an evil thing to do if it is done for good reasons" by Varodoc
    "You sit in OG/SW waiting on a Mythic+ queue" by Altmer <- Oh, the pearls in this forum...
    "They sort of did this Dragonriding, which ushered in the Dracthyr race." by Teriz <- the BS some people reach for their narratives...

This is a very nice idea but let's be realistic about it: you think /2 spam is awful now?

that system doesnt sound abusable at all ....

/s

How about you get good and just not lose to me?
    The fact that I have gear that you covet already means i'm out of your league.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    You and I have very different definitions of what "good people" means.

Actually, you and the majority of people in this thread seem to have very different definitions of what "good people" means.
    Good tends to have a lot of meanings, it's funny like that.
    Almost as if it's subjective.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by WaltherLeopold View Post
    The fact that I have gear that you covet already means i'm out of your league.
    Indeed? No chance i just didn't play at the time and am beating your ass soundly in my present whatever-the-current-ugly-ass-elite-set is?
    You did notice that i specified that we're talking about old gear, right?

if you were out of my league you'd not have to fear to lose to me, assuming you weren't proferring your inferiority to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good tends to have a lot of meanings, it's funny like that.
    Almost as if it's subjective.
    *whoosh* goes the point over your head.
    "Torturing someone is not an evil thing to do if it is done for good reasons" by Varodoc
    "You sit in OG/SW waiting on a Mythic+ queue" by Altmer <- Oh, the pearls in this forum...
    "They sort of did this Dragonriding, which ushered in the Dracthyr race." by Teriz <- the BS some people reach for their narratives...

You should be working for Blizzard. They tend to hire Devs with dumb ideas.

Hoof Hearted!!!
    10+ Year Old Account
    OP, here's an idea. Go earn your transmogs like everyone else. If you can't take the time to do what is necessary for said transmogs, you don't deserve them.
    when all else fails, read the STICKIES.