Page 1 of 2
LastLast

How many breaks do you have at your job per day?

At my job (project manager/technical assistant at a translation's beaurau)we basically have these:

Coffee break at 10AM and at 3PM. The morning one is usually 10 minutes, while the afternoon break is like 20-30 minutes (We Swedes love our coffee breaks)
    Lunch break for an hour whenever (no scheduled time, but people usually take their break at 12-01).
    Other than that, people are free to stretch their legs whenever there's nothing to do (since we work with client orders, there's nothing to do at times depending on number of orders and/or if the workflow is at your end currently or not, so perfect to stretch your legs and grab a tea or something).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quick coffee (and for some smoking) breaks, 5 minutes long, at 8.30, 11.30 and 14.30. 15 minute break at 10.00. Half an hour break at 12.30.

10+ Year Old Account
    Java dev, working from home, can do whatever the fuck I want as long as I close my sprint stories.

Supposed to come to office twice per week, but wasn't there for 2 months. I guess I'll drive there Thursday or some such, see if anyone's alive there.

As a child carer, 30 minutes.
    As a teacher, varies (depends on what needs to be planned/prepared) but usually one 30 minute break at least.

We eat lunch with the children/pupils.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

One 10min break in the morning; and one 10min break inthe afternoon. 30min lunch.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    We don't have any real defined breaks. We just break whenever we want/can. Our lunch is unpaid however.

I work from home so don't have a clear break schedule. I think it's much more convenient and productive this way.

Stood in the Fire Texan Penguin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Shift is 10pm-7am. First 15 minute break at 12:00am, lunch at 2:00am and second 15 minute break at 5:00am.

As many as I want. I work on my own time.

My job isn't really strict. I take like 3-5 minute breaks 10 times a day or so, whenever I'm caught up and don't feel like looking for something new to do. Lunch is 30 minutes unpaid.

I only have lunch break at my job. The rest of the time I work. Therefore, I want to change jobs.

15+ Year Old Account
    As many as I want and as long as I want, but I do have quite a few meetings per week. Depending on the length we can have 0-2 breaks during those meetings.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can do it whenever I want, I am salary, but that being said in a 8 to 10 hour shift, after 3 hours `15 min break after 4 to 5, 1 hour Lunch after 8 hours another 15 mins. That is it.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

whenever i want, for as long as I want.. basically, I'm paid to do a job, and long as it's done my boss is ok with me working whenever. Oh also I can't miss meetings, which do take up most of my days.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    2 15 mins breaks and a 30 min meal break.
    I usually only take 1 15 min break cause there’s little point going all the way upstairs near the end of the shift just to sit down for afew mins

In my last job, I did not really take any breaks. I would work for 2 hours, use the restroom, get some more ice for my drink and get back to work. Two hours after that, I would go use the restroom, microwave my lunch, get more ice for my drink and then get back to work. Another two hours after that, I would stop to use the restroom and then work until it was time to go home. I didn't really mind because I really liked the work. In most other jobs I have had, I would work 8 hour days, take a 15-minute break and 30-minute lunch break every two hours. Two 15 minute breaks and a 30-minute lunch break.

7+ Year Old Account
    Technically speaking, 2 paid 15 minute breaks per day, one unpaid 30 minute lunch (by choice - in my current position we are allowed 30 or 60 minutes and we can choose which we want, I'd rather be done a half hour earlier). But my job isn't one that requires me to be constantly at my desk (right now we are WFH anyway). Basically, as long as I get my work done, I can take as many "breaks" as I want and noone will care.

Hmm, Interesting question. I do remote work for the moment since I'm teaching english to french companies. I don't really have breaks but I do have a lunch pause of about 30 minutes before I have my next lesson to give.

Only one for half an hour

I work at the Airport, during the off-season breaks can be hours long... kid you not, being paid to sit around and do nothing from 5pm-10pm when the inbounds come in past then.

During on-season my break's up to an hour. Gets busy during the morning, and there's more sit down time during the afternoon. Rush of flights; 6:00~am 10:00~am 1:00~pm 5:00~pm 10:00+pm. Between those hours there's plenty of rest.

These past few days though, we're getting back to 'routine' in another Terminal that had its flights stopped due to the airline going bust, but now another company's doing the flights and we're covering them. And by "covering" them it's just me working there... alone. Being alone means I don't have the luxury of a break with no one else tending to things there to cover my absence. The morning shift just sssssssucks... [waiting for all the morning inbound flights from other airlines to get the transfers sorted for the outbounds, loading, driving, sorting problem bags, searching for missing bags, offloading, etc. all on my own.] I'd be overseeing 6 flights I have to bring out at 6:00+am... where there'd be 40-70+ bags on each one, and more flights throughout the shift.

Speaking of which, anyone interested in a job? You'd be making €300+/day
    Last edited by Daedius; 2022-04-24 at 04:35 PM.