Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    Or the expansion can simply last 30 months instead of the usual 24~ to fit a 9.3. Depends on how far along it is. Would be perfectly understandable considering covid, lockdowns, and their own internal issues.
    Yeah, that's why I wrote:
    So either they skip 9.3 or they delay expansion by quite a bit
    . Nevertheless, they are a company that provides a product, and as it appears to be, the product has not been received well. I'd guess it's even highly unsatisfactory. At this point of disappointment, instead of fixing it here and there and a few strokes of brush with a new paint, it'd simply go with a brand new product. But that's my look at this. Shadowlands exhausted me enough to dream about something new, promising and refreshing

Ion talking out of both sides of his mouth, saying WoW is an escape from the real world AND how they need to address cultural issues in the game. Yikes. I don't trust him at ALL.

Quote Originally Posted by lachlol View Post
    Well, you don't need to be a so-called "doomsayer" to notice that game launched 1 year ago, and we haven't heard a single bit about 9.2 yet, and also likely won't get PTR before Christmas. Remember that it a normal expansion cadence, we would have 10.0 by late 2022. If they manage to push 9.2 before spring, 9.3 will likely launch at the time, when new expansion should happen. So either they skip 9.3 or they delay expansion by quite a bit.

So yeah, it's just people making educated guess rather than being "doomsayers".
    And also, just because Blizzard plans to go with "much more" content after 9.2, it doesn't necessarily mean that 9.3 is coming to be honest. And I can hardly see it fit any schedule. Also, they prepare their content long before we even think about it, so it could be scrapped simply to redirect these resources for 10.0 as well
    Expansions last 2 years with 4 segments. 6 months per segment is standard.
    Snarky: Adjective - Any language that contains quips or comments containing sarcastic or satirical witticisms intended as blunt irony. Usually delivered in a manner that is somewhat abrupt and out of context and intended to stun and amuse.

In the end, the team wants WoW to be a positive place to escape the trials and tribulations of the world.
    God, i always love those reasonings, especially because political discussions are now more present in the discourse of WoW than ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    Ion talking out of both sides of his mouth, saying WoW is an escape from the real world AND how they need to address cultural issues in the game. Yikes. I don't trust him at ALL.
    I can't help but wonder how much is Blizz PR breathing down his neck? He's never talked like this before and it's his first interview since everything broke.

SUS

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    How about just more females. Females are not a niche. What's wrong with creating a game that is welcoming to everyone? As a male I have no idea how this is done. Everything is safe for me.
    The Point is. The Game has never excluded anybody

Diversity makes a better game. They don't want WoW to be for a niche audience.
    Diversity of ideas makes a better game. What the fuck does skin color, genitalia, religion, etc. have to do with making a goddamn video game?

Quote Originally Posted by Otaka View Post
    Whether you like it or not: FF14 has very similar systems to WoW but all of them are implemented better.
    then go play it? like thats not really such a hard concept to grasp, if everything is better in different game why bother playing the worse game, or change it towards your liking (and screw over everybody who disagree on the way), when there already is a game that you like?!

i tried it and was TERRIBLY dissapointed after all the praise it got, so for me, no thanks, we shouldnt get closer to ff14 in pretty much anything...
    Last edited by Lolites; 2021-11-01 at 08:17 PM.

TLDR: I'm (Ion) am not going anywhere so you losers (the payers) can go suck it.

Silence for so long and now this? I call bull crap. It's PR, nothing more.

Quote Originally Posted by Irefusetodie View Post
    Diversity of ideas makes a better game. What the fuck does skin color, genitalia, religion, etc. have to do with making a goddamn video game?
    Not a damn thing. Ion and Chinavision-Jizzard have forgotten this, or no longer care.

This line tells you all you need to know about who is running Blizzard these days:
    "9.1.5 was born out of the team being allowed to pitch ideas and try out things that they think will make the game more fun."

Team was ALLOWED to pitch ideas and try out things that will make the game more fun?????
    As opposed to what regular norm??????
    Being forbidden from making the game more fun??
    Is WoW dev/design team so under the ultra control of the finance/management/pr/hr that they are normally NOT ALLOWED to pitch ideas and try to make the GAME more FUN?!

Quote Originally Posted by Aerisot View Post
    Also...

"The team wants to keep expanding on ways to better use what they have built over the years into the game, but it's not quite there yet."

Wth does this even mean??
    more scaling.... scale all raids/dungeons to max level and have them available all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Irefusetodie View Post
    Nothing at all, but identity politics and the politicisation of everything is all the rage these days.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Vindicator View Post
    I can live with the bigots being rooted out of the game - so yes - diversifying does indeed make a better game.
    So the Millions of People that have left since the game went to shit over the last few expansions were just Bigots? Do you People even think before you speak?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    ...which it has trouble doing in 2021. Years ago....now.....it's different.
    The point being it isn't "diversity" that gave them a huge Audience years ago. It was simply making a good game. Good games don't require a separation of diversity and niche. It's just more buzzword bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    It will all depend on how 9.2 (or an eventual 9.3) work out. It's not how it starts, it's how it ends.
    this, legion had a lot of issues and complaints in the begining, yet ended up being seen as one of (if not "the") best expansion by shitloads of people

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    God, i always love those reasonings, especially because political discussions are now more present in the discourse of WoW than ever.
    Exactly, most of the changes to WoW and the tiresome bullshit their team constantly brings up, IS the shit People want to escape from.

cross faction raiding

good

Might as well give players free race/class combinations now, if they really wanna get in touch with "Diversity makes a better game."

I love how he dumps on WoWhead multiple times, lmao. But yeah. He might as well be talking about his next album dropping for all I care. We've heard this all before so I'm not taking anything here at face value.

stopped reading after the first point.
    if someones offended, because something aged "poorly" they deserve mental hospital.
    No wonder this game is shit, half their team are blue haired garbage humans with "zim/zem" in their twitter bio.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    "We want this to be an escape" "We want to bring politics into it to score brownie points with Twitter"

"We had to make these changes to be welcoming" "No one would have noticed if not for those pesky dataminers"

Oh well, can't win em all.
    Would be interesting if someone did research about twitter/social media/internet outrage compared up to society overall. There tends to be a bit of a echchamber on the internet, especially when most people mostly like to interact with somewhat likeminded people.

These days the loudest screams/complaints probably comes from the internet and its various platforms. Over a long enough time with these outrages I bet alot of people think "this is what most people think" or "this is how most people are".

So when you glare at it, it can look like a HUGE outrage, when in reality its just a small % angry people on a social media platform and not the general publics opinion.

We see this all the time in sports. Active social media people go mental about many things, when in reality, fans have a more calm & reflective attitude towards an issue.