Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
5
... LastLast
  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Both. No, you're not getting the answer you want, because it isn't true. What differs between them is how they're going to discriminate based on it, but not whether they will. The only way of actually avoiding it is to not let them have information about said characteristics to begin with.
    We are never going to invent a hiring process that hides peoples' identities entirely until it is over. It's an absurd fantasy, so let us please return to the real world.

    We have two 10 person hiring committees.
    One is made up of people with identical backgrounds.
    One is made up of people with highly varied backgrounds.
    Which one is more likely to discriminate against applicants?

    You know the answer. I know the answer. And we both know how bad the answer is for your argument, and that is why you can't just answer honestly.

  2. #42
    Yep, it's racist and sexist. The "tolerant" left. Those who cry for tolerance the loudest are the most intolerant. Go woke, go broke.
    You think you don't, but you do

  3. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post
    The fact you think that in modern western societies the majority is more likely to discriminate towards a minority shows you really have never gone into a minority-dominated area.
    That would be a great point if I ever said a damn thing about majority or minority, and the fact that you read that into what I said really says a lot about you and the types of invented enemies you are fighting against.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by TheWorkingTitle View Post
    Yep, it's racist and sexist. The "tolerant" left. Those who cry for tolerance the loudest are the most intolerant. Go woke, go broke.
    Who went broke, exactly?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Discrimination is not inherently bad. A meritocracy also discriminates based on merit. Discriminating just means evaluating differences. It becomes problematic when you make decisions based on irrelevant information, like whether you personally like somebody rather than whether they would be good at the job.
    Wrong. From the dictionary:

    "The unjust or prejudicial treatment of different categories of people, especially on the grounds of ethnicity, age, sex, or disability."

  4. #44
    Go woke go broke doesn't work when Larry Fink dictates on which "diversity" level corporations are to allow more funds to go into said companies.

    Look him up, you might be familiar with him, he's the CEO of Blackrock.

    So no, WoW isn't going to be broke if they continue to be woke, they'll actually get more investing that way.

  5. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    That would be a great point if I ever said a damn thing about majority or minority, and the fact that you read that into what I said really says a lot about you and the types of invented enemies you are fighting against.
    I ain't fighting anyone, i am a minority in western societies.
    What you wrote is really clear and you ain't doing your arguments a service by being vague.
    You jumping the gun about me having and fighting enemies, especially invented ones, makes it very clear you have a ton of hate that you will send towards anyone who even remotely seems to disagree with exactly what (vague) thing you wrote.

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Racism and sexism are specificially about using features to distinguish between people that aren't actually relevant to the field in question. Yes, there are real differences between men and women. But these differences aren't relevant in a lot of professions.
    There are differences between races and sexes, for example intelligence, that are absolutely relevant.

    With men and women we talk about how they are better at different things. How they gravitate towards different things. Men are better at math, women are better at social things. These are facts. The same people, who deny these facts and call people sexist for pointing out these facts won't hesitate to assert that women are actually smarter than men, and we need women in politics because they'd never fuck things up like men are.

    There is no such thing as racism or sexism. All races are different. They evolved in different environments. Some races are taller. Some are shorter. Some are smarter. Some are dumber. There are winners and losers when it comes to the genetic lottery. The same goes for men and women. Men are stronger, women are weaker. Men are rough, women are soft.

    And exceptions confirm the rule.

  7. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by Overlordd View Post
    As if every white man on this planet is faced with the same kind of upbringing and same background.

    Does Blizzard think that every white man, every caucasian, where Anglo Saxons, Germanic, Slavic, Nordic, Meditereans and others all come from the same background, the same culture, the same upbringing and the same thinking? Is Blizzard even aware that across the globe there lies an entire continent made up of white people with different nations, traditions, cultural upbringings and the like?
    So welcome to 2021. There is this thing called cultural marxism and its poisoning everthing right now. Its basically consolidating all people into specific groups mostly based on their race and sexuality because that is what racists do. Its essentially communism where there is no consideration for the individual. Everyone is "equal".

    Your observation is completely right of course. Every person should be evaluated based on their skill and ideas instead of something arbitrary like race.

    And diversity is good for sure, but people have different understandings of that word. Diversity of race only matters to bigots. Diversity of thoughts and ideas is whats needed.

    Also trying to fight these stupid ideas with facts is a battle against windmills. People who believe in this shit are brainwashed cultists.

    Again, welcome to 2021. I recommend not engaging in any form of social media if you want to stay sane.

  8. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post
    I ain't fighting anyone, i am a minority in western societies.
    What you wrote is really clear and you ain't doing your arguments a service by being vague.
    You jumping the gun about me having and fighting enemies, especially invented ones, makes it very clear you have a ton of hate that you will send towards anyone who even remotely seems to disagree with exactly what (vague) thing you wrote.
    I never said majority or minority. You brought that up, so you can either admit that you read that into what I said even though I never or implied it at all, or you can continue to make excuses for strawmannirg me and inventing enemies.

  9. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by sunhawk spy View Post
    There are differences between races and sexes, for example intelligence, that are absolutely relevant.

    With men and women we talk about how they are better at different things. How they gravitate towards different things. Men are better at math, women are better at social things. These are facts. The same people, who deny these facts and call people sexist for pointing out these facts won't hesitate to assert that women are actually smarter than men, and we need women in politics because they'd never fuck things up like men are.

    There is no such thing as racism or sexism. All races are different. They evolved in different environments. Some races are taller. Some are shorter. Some are smarter. Some are dumber. There are winners and losers when it comes to the genetic lottery. The same goes for men and women. Men are stronger, women are weaker. Men are rough, women are soft.

    And exceptions confirm the rule.
    What would you say the difference between the two sexes would be?

    For example, men are better at math right? By what percentage are they better?

  10. #50
    Over 9000! Poppincaps's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Twilight Town
    Posts
    9,237
    I always love the meritocracy argument. Is it really a meritocracy when one side gets a distinct advantage over the other? Generational wealth is one of the biggest predictors of success in America. Wanna know what group of people had their labor stolen? Wanna know what group was heavily discriminated against until like 60 years ago?

    Every white person in America has benefitted from the massacre and theft of the Native American people as well as the enslavement and discrimination of the black people. Whether it be directly or indirectly. It will never be a meritocracy until the playing field is even. Saying it's "even" now is just discounting the generations that white people had to accrue wealth while Black and Native American people were exploited.

  11. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by sunhawk spy View Post
    There are differences between races and sexes, for example intelligence, that are absolutely relevant.

    With men and women we talk about how they are better at different things. How they gravitate towards different things. Men are better at math, women are better at social things. These are facts. The same people, who deny these facts and call people sexist for pointing out these facts won't hesitate to assert that women are actually smarter than men, and we need women in politics because they'd never fuck things up like men are.

    There is no such thing as racism or sexism. All races are different. They evolved in different environments. Some races are taller. Some are shorter. Some are smarter. Some are dumber. There are winners and losers when it comes to the genetic lottery. The same goes for men and women. Men are stronger, women are weaker. Men are rough, women are soft.

    And exceptions confirm the rule.
    Except you made all that up. There is no evidence that any of the mental disparities you cite are genetic.

  12. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    Wrong. From the dictionary:

    "The unjust or prejudicial treatment of different categories of people, especially on the grounds of ethnicity, age, sex, or disability."
    You should have read the next line.

    "Recognition and understanding of the difference between one thing and another."

    Discrimination is not inherently bad, and is functionally unavoidable if you want a working society. But you're basing your judgement on an incomplete understanding of the matter.

  13. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    I always love the meritocracy argument. Is it really a meritocracy when one side gets a distinct advantage over the other? Generational wealth is one of the biggest predictors of success in America. Wanna know what group of people had their labor stolen? Wanna know what group was heavily discriminated against until like 60 years ago?

    Every white person in America has benefitted from the massacre and theft of the Native American people as well as the enslavement and discrimination of the black people. Whether it be directly or indirectly. It will never be a meritocracy until the playing field is even. Saying it's "even" now is just discounting the generations that white people had to accrue wealth while Black and Native American people were exploited.
    Such a shame isn't it?

    We should aim for a society that corrects these problems and let's every race and people reach their potential.

  14. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    Except you made all that up. There is no evidence that any of the mental disparities you cite are genetic.
    Really? Why are our bodies shaped the way they are? Not because of genetics?

  15. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by Exkrementor View Post
    So welcome to 2021. There is this thing called cultural marxism and its poisoning everthing right now. Its basically consolidating all people into specific groups mostly based on their race and sexuality because that is what racists do. Its essentially communism where there is no consideration for the individual. Everyone is "equal".

    Your observation is completely right of course. Every person should be evaluated based on their skill and ideas instead of something arbitrary like race.

    And diversity is good for sure, but people have different understandings of that word. Diversity of race only matters to bigots. Diversity of thoughts and ideas is whats needed.

    Also trying to fight these stupid ideas with facts is a battle against windmills. People who believe in this shit are brainwashed cultists.

    Again, welcome to 2021. I recommend not engaging in any form of social media if you want to stay sane.
    Diversity of background makes organizations better. It's just a fact, whether you like it or not.

  16. #56
    Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    I never said majority or minority. You brought that up, so you can either admit that you read that into what I said even though I never or implied it at all, or you can continue to make excuses for strawmannirg me and inventing enemies.
    Again you are not doing yourself a service by playing the vague "card", its great for high school debates but kinda falls off past that age.
    I will not waste my time further since you aint really interested in a dialogue or discussion... just hate.
    Thankfully ignoring a user and never having to see their wisdom again is an easily accessible feature.

  17. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by sunhawk spy View Post
    Really? Why are our bodies shaped the way they are? Not because of genetics?
    Do you not understand what the word "mental" means?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post
    Again you are not doing yourself a service by playing the vague "card", its great for high school debates but kinda falls off past that age.
    I will not waste my time further since you aint really interested in a dialogue or discussion... just hate.
    Thankfully ignoring a user and never having to see their wisdom again is an easily accessible feature.
    I wasn't vague. You are just too arrogant to admit that you read something into what I said that isn't there. You aren't fooling anyone.

  18. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    Diversity of background makes organizations better. It's just a fact, whether you like it or not.
    In what way does it make them better?

    And what kind of background do you mean?

    What if someone comes from a neonazi family, does he bring something to the table somebody else can not?

  19. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    Diversity of background makes organizations better. It's just a fact, whether you like it or not.
    That is curious. What are the metrics you determine better? Not disagreeing with your view on diversity but you said fact. What are the metrics you are measuring and the data you are using?

  20. #60
    Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    Do you not understand what the word "mental" means?
    You mean regarding the brain, that is a part of your body? Everything you are is a part of your body and what your body looks like is determined by your DNA, and what your DNA looks like is determined by your ancestors. Everything you are is in your DNA. That's what DNA is.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •