Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Nominate MMO-C Posters for the Community Council

I'll go first: Teriz. Need someone to get those Tinkers made.

Context:

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Seconded, but I doubt anything will result from this player council that couldn't have already happened. All of the feedback Blizzard needs has been given to them over and over on nearly every forum of communication: the official WoW forums, MMO-C, WoWhead, Youtube comments sections, r/WoW, Twitter, /wowg/, the r/WoW Discord, players filling out that survey they get when they unsub, etc. It's up to Blizzard whether or not they actually listen. They once listened; just look at how we got the incredible MoP warlock. All it took was the class designer actually looking at the Warlock community and asking for their input.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    You know that would actually be hilarious but I doubt the council has that much power.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post

Context:
    What's-his-face the mod with the Terry Pratchett quote in his sig. He's usually fairly level headed and he has some good insights from time to time.

Otherwise no one really comes to mind.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

You should be careful with these jokes... blizzard when electing mvp posters almost took a guy who only spammed the forums about how to make his mount bigger.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinx Vox View Post
    But why?

WoW's development process is driven by a business model, not by actual game design.

No amount of player feedback will triumph over shareholder opinions.
    We'll find out in short order if shareholder opinion is about to flip on Blizz I guess.

I won't lie I think we're gonna see a rare MAU drop this earnings report.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

But why?

WoW's development process is driven by a business model, not by actual game design.

Shareholders tend not to stick their fingers this far into companies' day to day workings.

Well, there are some activistic shareholders but they tend to be either ideological (mainly "green" / enviromental) or vultures seeking short term gains by splitting up and selling parts.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

But why?

Shareholders don't give a damn about how the development happens, all they care about is if the game is making money. They want the development process that makes the most money anyone who thinks they are in some ivory tower deciding development initiatives is a monkey.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Seconded, but I doubt anything will result from this player council that couldn't have already happened. All of the feedback Blizzard needs has been given to them over and over on nearly every forum of communication: the official WoW forums, MMO-C, WoWhead, Youtube comments sections, r/WoW, Twitter, /wowg/, the r/WoW Discord, players filling out that survey they get when they unsub, etc. It's up to Blizzard whether or not they actually listen. They once listened; just look at how we got the incredible MoP warlock. All it took was the class designer actually looking at the Warlock community and asking for their input.
    People in those places are in niche communities and a vocal minority that does not represent the average player™, so we should look elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by UndedoKoleda View Post
    People in those places are in niche communities and a vocal minority that does not represent the average player™, so we should look elsewhere.
    When you're seeing the same opinion being repeated non-stop and getting millions of upvotes/likes on every single forum of communication, that's not a vocal minority. That is pretty definitively a consensus.

I really love that people here actually belive shareholders care enough to actually inform themself about how the game is developed and actually bother to interfere in the development.

Now and then they might say and do something to pretend they care but truth is aslong as more money come in then goes out they dont care about anything, and if that changes they just move on to next company they belive will earn them money.

Shareholders only care about the game making money.

The actual devs do care, and they do listen to feedback in many games, can't see why this can't be done in wow. Don't be such a negative nancy
    Last edited by Azerate; 2021-11-02 at 06:01 AM.
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

i don't trust community people at all. i feel they are too liable to abuse power, myself included. while i try to be reasonable and use logic, i can't control myself 100%. i prefer paid people with strict codes to work with since they just have to manage themselves during set hours which is far more reasonable and manageable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    Shareholders only care about the game making money.
    With ATVI they care a lot more about Candy Crush and Call of Duty than WoW if they care at all.

Pro tip: They don’t. About 80% of Activision stock is held by institutions, most with names you have never heard of. It’s a forum myth that there is some great wave of stockholders that care about what goes on in the development offices in Irvine.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Stood in the Fire october breeze's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Freaking funny. Streamers done this for years... talking to them face to face. But they ignored and despised them most.

Quote Originally Posted by october breeze View Post
    Freaking funny. Streamers done this for years... talking to them face to face. But they ignored and despised them most.
    You mean the people with little to no real world job/life experience or understanding of making videos that do almost nothing but talk about themselves and bitch and complain for views on YT?

Those streamers?

Can't imagine why they don't take them more seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    When you're seeing the same opinion being repeated non-stop and getting millions of upvotes/likes on every single forum of communication, that's not a vocal minority. That is pretty definitively a consensus.
    Please direct us to the one opinion that has millions of upvotes and likes, then we will gladly apologize and admit it's not a vocal minority. Until such time, you live in an echo chamber, please remember that.

Stood in the Fire october breeze's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mojo03 View Post
    You mean the people with little to no real world job/life experience or understanding of making videos that do almost nothing but talk about themselves and bitch and complain for views on YT?

Those streamers?

Because some random people on general forums are all genius tinkerers and video game makers with extensive critical problem solving skills and programming. We must surely pick from forums!

oh yeah, thats what we need, people from mmo-c to be in direct contact with devs, how else will devs learn important things that circulate on this forum such as:

-game is shit
    -game is dead
    -game is dying
    -this *insert subjective opinion* feature should be in game bcs EVERYONE wants it

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo03 View Post

Those streamers?

Thats EXACTLY what this system is set up for though - it requires you to be a content creator in some capacity to get on this thing, and if you honestly think it wont be absolutely loaded with those very people, you are mistaken.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.