Page 23 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Thuran View Post
    Dude, there is literally an ongoing lawsuit about Blizz lying to their investors.....

Also, for people that day the WoW exodus didn't happen:

In order for the MAU to stay the same, after releasing D2 and Mercenaries, for EVERY SINGLE PLAYER that logged in to HS or Diablo, a player has to have NOT LOGGED IN ONCE to wow.

They also say that D2 has been their most successful product, it means things fir wow are catastrophic, for it not to move MAUs.

To illustrate;

Blizz has 16 players

16 play wow
    10 also play HS

26 MAUs - 1 MAU is a person that just logged in to the game ONCE after August.

HS releases mercenaries, so we assume everyone that plays HS logs in at least ONCE to see what the fuss is about, and 3 check it out that haven't played yet.

So it should be

16 play wow
    13 also play HS

So 29 MAU

But blizz says it stays 26, so the truth is;

13 play wow at least once in past 3 months.
    13 also tried HS at least once in past 3 months.

26 MAUs

D2 released, is a success, 10 people check it out.

That should be now 36 MAU

16 players.

13 play wow at least once
    13 play HS at least once
    10 logged into D2 at least once.

But it's 26, meaning, assuming people checked out mercenaries at least once, as a f2p game, the actual numbers must be:

16 players

10 tried D2 at least once
    13 checked out mercenaries at least once
    3 players logged into wow at least once in the past 3 months!!!

26 MAU according to blizzard.

In short, for BOTH mercenaries AND Diablo 2 to release in the same quarter, and MAU to STAY THE SAME - it means the wow exodus was FAR WORSE that anyone could have thought!

THAT is why their stock value is dropping like a rock after this meeting. According to the numbers blizz tells us, wow is FUCKED right now.
    That's a lot of pretty big word salad to be wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by Neufab View Post
    So you're saying it can't possibly be legally defined as "more profitable subscriber base".....when said at an earnings call?

Okay....
    it would be stretching the meaning to extreme, as financial metrics use their own jargon, and they WANT to use financial jargon if possible as investors (and this is for investors, not for players) are more interested in financial metrics, so sure, it is possible, howere VERY VERY unlikely
    Last edited by Lolites; 2021-11-03 at 07:52 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    An investor report is about selling their company and its potential to their investors - if subs were higher than previous expansions they would say that subs were higher than previous expansion they wouldn't come up with some convoluted statement about the sub base being strong.

When a company can give clear information about how well their company and/or products or services are performing they will.

What are you going on about? Why paste that? You claimed that engagement was separate from the sub base being strong yet the statement you've based your theory on starts with the words with "With deep engagement..." if engagement was, as you seem to believe, separate why would they mention in the very sentence that mentions the strength of the sub base?

Honestly this is pointless.
    Again you can go back to other investor reports to test your theory they are all publicly available and you can see for your self that they don’t do what you suggest most of the time.

And I posted the full thing to show that sub base and engagement aren't being used interchangeably and rather that the stronger sub base then other expans is what’s driving the engagement up which is what they say.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

10+ Year Old Account
    "WoW is on track" aka we're desperately hoping people are going to resub for 9.1.5 so things look better for the next conference call.

Also Blizzard must've taken so much flak that even Oneal is already leaving after being promoted for three months.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    The increase in Blizzard’s segment net revenues and operating income for the three months ended September 30, 2021, as compared to the three months ended September 30, 2020, was primarily due to higher revenues from:
    • Diablo II: Resurrected, which was released in September 2021; and
    • the Overwatch League, as the prior-year period was negatively impacted from actions taken to support team owners as a result of the COVID-19
    pandemic, with no similar actions taken in the current year.
    This increase to segment net revenues and operating income was partially offset by lower revenues from World of Warcraft.

Explain that then.
    That's easy to explain. I misread your post.

When a company can give clear information about how well their company and/or products or services are performing they will.
    and sub numbers DONT DO THAT...
    investors care about revenue and similar stuf, if there is 100m revenue they couldnt care less if its from 5 players or 5milion players...

Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    Again you can go back to other investor reports to test your theory they are all publicly available and you can see for your self that they don’t do what you suggest most of the time.

And I posted the full thing to show that sub base and engagement aren't being used interchangeably and rather that the stronger sub base then other expans is what’s driving the engagement up which is what they say.
    I know, I even bothered to read a few of them and they absolutely do clearly state information that shows the company in a good light.

I never said that they were.

7+ Year Old Account
    I know, I even bothered to read a few of them and they absolutely do clearly state information that shows the company in a good light.

I never said that they were.
    Do they show that the company is in a good light or do they all say “higher subs” because that’s what you were asking for.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    and sub numbers DONT DO THAT...
    investors care about revenue and similar stuf, if there is 100m revenue they couldnt care less if its from 5 players or 5milion players...
    What are you on about? Are you seriously suggesting that if sub numbers were at their highest in several years it would not be an indication that WoW is performing well? And that this would not be worth mentioning to stockholders?

Really?

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    Blizz biz model is squeezing paypigs for higher revenue and that worked fine to overshadow the sub loss in the last years but it's not sustainable longterm. You can't survive on the last remaining player paying you 10m, that simply won't happen. So you hit a wall at some point and the change in sub numbers defines the speed at which you approach said wall.

7+ Year Old Account
    What are you on about? Are you seriously suggesting that if sub numbers were at their highest in several years it would not be an indication that WoW is performing well? And that this would not be worth mentioning to stockholders?

Really?
    It wouldn’t be hIghest in several years just higher then other expans at the same point which would likely put it near same number as when they stopped reporting subs.

Do they show that the company is in a good light or do they all say “higher subs” because that’s what you were asking for.
    What? You're really grasping at straws now. I am not asking if they say higher subs or not - this is your unsubstantiated claim based on ATVI saying that the sub base is stronger than seen previously.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Keten View Post
    TIL that making less money than you were making is not underperforming.
    It all depends on what the expected performance was and what they communicated to investors. You can forecast lower revenue and still under/over perform from that forecast. They made statements saying that they are performing at expectations or slightly over.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

It wouldn’t be hIghest in several years just higher then other expans at the same point which would likely put it near same number as when they stopped reporting subs.
    There is absolutely no basis in anything ATVI have reported to support your assumption nor does it disapprove what I wrote.

15+ Year Old Account
    So the stock is having its worst day in 13 years because investors were ... happy?

It had dropped more in the past then the drop since the earnings report. Around September of 2018 was worse for the stock then the current drop so far.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

7+ Year Old Account
    What? You're really grasping at straws now. I am not asking if they say higher subs or not - this is your unsubstantiated claim based on ATVI saying that the sub base is stronger than seen previously.
    I mean you did say multiple time's if subs were doing well they would say higher subs and not use vague terms that "shows the company in a good light" but sure what ever lets pretend you didn't.

- - - Updated - - -

There is absolutely no basis in anything ATVI have reported to support your assumption nor does it disapprove what I wrote.
    you know other then them saying it in the transcript.

So the stock is having its worst day in 13 years because investors were ... happy?
    1. stock price is dependant on thousand different thigns...
    for example the female lead (cant recall the name) leaving have probably quite big impact, especialy given its after few months
    2. stock price is for ACTIVISION BLIZZARD as whole, that is activision, blizzard, king, blizzard being SMALLEST of the 3, have the least impact on the stock price, so blizz could do amazingly as long as activision and king are not stock price will suck
    Last edited by Lolites; 2021-11-03 at 08:11 PM.

I mean you did say multiple time's if subs were doing well they would say higher subs and not use vague terms that "shows the company in a good light" but sure what ever lets pretend you didn't.

- - - Updated - - -

you know other then them saying it in the transcript.
    No, I did not! I said that if your claim was correct they would say so and not beat around the bush saying that the subscriber base is strong.

They did not.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    can you show me where it says they will launch in 2023?
    You still really think its coming out 2022? They have showed nothing that proved that.

These idiots thinking this corporate spiel bullcrap is actual evidence that WoW and Blizzard are doing well and not a complete gloss over and attempted cover up of the dire situation LMAO.