How is covenants transmog supposed to work?

With 9.15 I though all rewards were shared yet I lose my transmog options when I leave covenants. I keep my transmog when I log in and out but to reapply anything I have to rejoin that specific covenant it came from.

Does anyone know if the system is bugged or is this intended?

10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure in your case but in order to unlock covenants appearance regardless of covenant and account wide, you first need to reach max renown with said covenant. So once you reach 80 with Night Fae, you can use all Night Fae xmog account wide.

Quote Originally Posted by Greyfang View Post
    Not sure in your case but in order to unlock covenants appearance regardless of covenant and account wide, you first need to reach max renown with said covenant. So once you reach 80 with Night Fae, you can use all Night Fae xmog account wide.
    Ah that would do it the transmog I want to use is at 76 renown so that would explain it.

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Greyfang View Post
    And to add to this, it excludes the sets of different armor types, and titles it seems (atleast the Maldraxxi Baron title). So you more or less need to get 1 character of each armor type to Renown 80 to get all the transmog (be it 4 chars of each armor type leveling renown of all 4 factions, or 16 chars total just doing 1 Covenant each).

Between this and no longer being able to skip the 9.0 campaigns, I'll personally be waiting for 9.2 (or 9.2.5?) for a renown 80 boost item.

Quote Originally Posted by Gharld View Post
    And to add to this, it excludes the sets of different armor types, and titles it seems (atleast the Maldraxxi Baron title). So you more or less need to get 1 character of each armor type to Renown 80 to get all the transmog (be it 4 chars of each armor type leveling renown of all 4 factions, or 16 chars total just doing 1 Covenant each).
    Are you sure about that ? Only my main is at Renown 80 (Night Fae Hunter) and i have collected the campaign plate set for Night Fae on my DK alt which is far from renown 80 but when sitting on the transmog mount on my paladin alt (kyrian) i can select the plate campaign set of Night Fae. I have not transmogged it as i don`t really like it but since i can select it, i think i should be able to transmog.
    So it looks to me like once you hit Renown 80 you unlock all the transmog sets that you collected for that covenant.
    Or i am missing something and the night fae plate transmog set being selectable on my paladin is a bug.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightsblood View Post
    Are you sure about that ? Only my main is at Renown 80 (Night Fae Hunter) and i have collected the campaign plate set for Night Fae on my DK alt which is far from renown 80 but when sitting on the transmog mount on my paladin alt (kyrian) i can select the plate campaign set of Night Fae. I have not transmogged it as i don`t really like it but since i can select it, i think i should be able to transmog.
    So it looks to me like once you hit Renown 80 you unlock all the transmog sets that you collected for that covenant.
    Or i am missing something and the night fae plate transmog set being selectable on my paladin is a bug.
    It's not a bug, as long as you have one character at max renown with the covenant, all your toons can use the appearances you've collected. My warlock was kyrian at launch, got to renown 40 and collected the entire cloth set, and then swapped to Night Fae.

Stopped playing it at renown 49 to go back to my paladin who's Kyrian renown 80. Warlock has the Kyrian cloth sets again for xmog.

Or, easier way to tell, all my toons can transmog the kyrian korthia set since that's not armor set based.

Alright. So its enough to level to Renown 80 for each covenant only once.
    Sounds much better than to level every armor class for each covenant to Renown 80

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Speaking of which... Say my main is a Necrolord, and has earned the basic campaign set from completing aforementioned campaign. Now, if I make another character of mine a Necrolord, does he have to complete the campaign too, in order to use the set or can I just use the "boost to renown 40"-item?

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by Gharld View Post
    And to add to this, it excludes the sets of different armor types
    nope, it doesnt, you have to obtain the sets, but this unlock is not tied to armor type, i get renown 80 on my sham yesterday and unlocked plate set for my main (didnt check cloth and leather but i doubt it would unlock mail and plate only)

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Speaking of which... Say my main is a Necrolord, and has earned the basic campaign set from completing aforementioned campaign. Now, if I make another character of mine a Necrolord, does he have to complete the campaign too, in order to use the set or can I just use the "boost to renown 40"-item?
    As far as I know, if they're the same armor set, you'd be fine as long as your main hit renown 80 without even needing to join Necrolord on your alt.

If they're different armor types, you'd either have to buy the set with anima or do the campaign on your alt for their set. Still advise getting the boost though since you can boost to 40 and then use the campaign to net extra renown.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    nope, it doesnt, you have to obtain the sets, but this unlock is not tied to armor type, i get renown 80 on my sham yesterday and unlocked plate set for my main (didnt check cloth and leather but i doubt it would unlock mail and plate only)
    Pretty sure it is tied to armor type to a degree. My shaman doesn't have the mail Kyrian set despite my paladin having renown 80, but my warlock has the cloth Kyrian set that I've unlocked already during their time in the covenant.

But as far as I can tell, if I were to get the mail set on my shaman without hitting renown 80 now, my hunter should still have the set available because my paladin is renown 80 with Kyrian.

EDIT - Upon double checking, the only part my shaman has that's part of the mail Kyrian set is the cape, which I imagine shares an appearance with some other cape I got at some point on my paladin.

My experience seems to point towards it works by checking "Do any of your characters have renown 80 with the covenant" and then if so, any appearances you've unlocked from them is usable on anyone.
    Last edited by Jester Joe; 2021-11-05 at 03:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Pretty sure it is tied to armor type to a degree. My shaman doesn't have the mail Kyrian set despite my paladin having renown 80, but my warlock has the cloth Kyrian set that I've unlocked already during their time in the covenant.
    upon reaching 80 renown with covenant you should have access on all characters to any (usable) transmogs that you UNLOCKED with that covenant, i only have my sham at 80 renown venthyr but i have access to all 5 (4 armor types + 9.1) venthyr transmogs bcs i unlocked them on various characters

If they're different armor types, you'd either have to buy the set with anima [...]
    Is that now possible, without doing the Campaign on that character?
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathanyel View Post
    Is that now possible, without doing the Campaign on that character?
    I went to double check actually, you can't. Only the cosmetic ones unlock from renown, I thought the base ones did too.

They're still locked behind completing chapters, so no real point in buying them for anima when you'll get them anyway.

I went to double check actually, you can't. Only the cosmetic ones unlock from renown, I thought the base ones did too.

They're still locked behind completing chapters, so no real point in buying them for anima when you'll get them anyway.
    Yeah, that was always just for buying back the items, e.g. if you sold them before realizing you can upgrade.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

10+ Year Old Account
    Sadly the cosmetic weapon enchants are still tied to the covenant.
    It's high noon.
    Personality: INTJ