Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    I think the point is that the Rednecks in the Southern States are decidely not the Taliban.
    They're better. They have mobility scooters and everything. Their mounted front lines, charging into battle while Kid Rock ba with the ba to band to digity whatever's behind them, driving a wedge through the Union forces who can do nothing but turn and run at this show of speed and force.

Thank goodness battlefields are all on level, paved ground where they can make the most out of those mobility scooters. There's a Wal-Mart a few miles behind the lines where they can go to recharge or get replacement scooters.

Truly, war is hell.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the point is that the Rednecks in the Southern States are decidely not the Taliban. The idea of them holding out in caves for the next 20 years is kinda laughable.
    Well, no. The Taliban had internal credibility, willpower, temerity, courage, and focus.

The Confediban in the USA don't have any of that. They've got empty Cheeto bags on the truck floors and enough Depends in their bunkers to last them till 2082.

Edit: lest anyone think I'm supportive of the Taliban, they're monstrously inhumane religious extremists who deserve no good things in life. That doesn't mean I can't recognize some legitimate strengths among their supporters.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    They're better. They have mobility scooters and everything. Their mounted front lines, charging into battle while Kid Rock ba with the ba to band to digity whatever's behind them, driving a wedge through the Union forces who can do nothing but turn and run at this show of speed and force.

Thank goodness battlefields are all on level, paved ground where they can make the most out of those mobility scooters. There's a Wal-Mart a few miles behind the lines where they can go to recharge or get replacement scooters.

Truly, war is hell.
    War... War Never Changes
    The Romans waged war to gather slaves and wealth.
    Spain built an empire from its lust for gold and territory.
    Hitler shaped a battered Germany into an economic superpower.

But war never changes.

In the 21st century, the Redneck Hordes of Old Dixieland descended upon the American military with their mobility scooters and Pickup trucks.
    They would hold up in their local Wal-marts, Hobby Barns, and Caves that were too narrow for most of the fat fucks to manuever in.
    They would post the dankest of memes on the facebooks and the twitters... owning the libs.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Who was in control of Afghanistan when the USA invaded? The Taliban.

Who's in power now that the USA's left, after trying to build a new democratic nation? The Taliban. Pretty much immediately, no less.

You lost to the Taliban. You may have won battles, but you lost the war.
    My point is that conservatives pose no more threat to the United States and its institutions than the Taliban. I wasn't sure why we were arguing about whether our statistically most government-dependent, morbidly obese demographic could achieve any meaningful victory over the US by hiding in caves for several pages.

According to your own source...it isn't.
    It historically associates itself with the south. It’s south.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nurasu View Post
    Caves or no caves, we kicked the ever living shit out of the Taliban at every turn. They had no possibility of ever defeating us. If after 20 years we get tired and leave conservatives with Alabama and a 'don't make us come back here', that's not much of a victory for them.
    Well they did defeat us. We packed up and left. You can’t throw money at a war forever. They had the time to wait it out. They’ve fought in that land with the same means for thousands of years; letting time pass.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/11/04/polit...ure/index.html

Man, it's sure help if the people eagerly talking about a civil war so they can shoot some libs weren't also the folks consistently caught hanging around with nazi's and shit. And Q nutters -

At a campaign event in late August, Lake posed for a photo and video with far-right personalities Ethan Schmidt-Crockett, the founder of the AntiMaskersClub, who harassed a store specializing in wigs for cancer patients this summer because it required customers to wear masks, and Greyson Arnold, a Nazi sympathizer who has a history of making White nationalist, racist, antisemitic and pro-Nazi statements, including once calling Adolf Hitler "a complicated historical figure which many people misunderstand."

"Anti-maskers club here with Kari Lake," said Schmidt-Crockett alongside Lake and Arnold in the video. "America First," they each said.

After Arnold posted a photo of the trio on Twitter, Lake replied, "It was a pleasure to meet you, too."
    And this -

Watkins, who is running for Congress in Arizona's 1st Congressional District, wrote in the post, "Just had dinner with Kari Lake, the next Governor of Arizona. She inspires me with her tenacity and willingness to lead the fight to take back Arizona from do-nothing RINOs."
    And unsurprisingly she's similarly pushing the "Big lie"

Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    Well they did defeat us. We packed up and left. You can’t throw money at a war forever. They had the time to wait it out. They’ve fought in that land with the same means for thousands of years; letting time pass.
    Which is the big difference. They were able to just wait it out... turning it into a war of attrition.

The South just isn't prepared to wage a war of attrition. It's a laughable concept.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Ha, when even the Russians go "Dude, that's too much threats..." you gotta wonder what turned the world upside down lol
    Nothing's upside down. There's a pile of 20 bodies behind that Russian. They pretend moral superiority while ignoring their own transgressions.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

5+ Year Old Account
    It historically associates itself with the south. It’s south.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Missouri, Kentucky, and Tennessee are most assuredly Southern States.
    It's not part of the South...it's a Midwestern State. https://www2.census.gov/geo/pdfs/map.../us_regdiv.pdf
    Also, I live here. Just because the rural sections of Midwestern states have a lot in common w/ the South doesn't make them so. And historically in what way? I've never heard anyone living here say we're a southern state lmfao

Did you mean that our gerrymandered state appears red, despite all major centers being blue? That doesn't negate its placement geographically, culturally, or agriculturally.
    Last edited by Rozz; 2021-11-05 at 05:35 PM.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

5+ Year Old Account

They were all also part of the confederacy. MO and KY are shaded because they’re considered midwestern by people who deny their history/culture. Hell, I’ll take the L on MO as it’s the only one NOT considered southern by the census.
    Because of the Missouri compromise which made it a slave state, so of course it was. That doesn't mean it isn't Midwestern and as for
    they’re considered midwestern by people who deny their history/culture
    You clearly don't know anything about Missouri people or Midwestern culture to say that. What is that even supposed to mean? We can't be literally what we are: a Midwestern state, because you say so? I'll have you know that we fit in well with our farmland, casserole/mayo obsessed, backwater brethren!

5+ Year Old Account
    Because when people say Southern states they’re often referred to at confederate states. And MO wrote their articles of secession. They weren’t forced to.
    My point is that this doesn't negate what the state is currently and for the reasons it's classified as such. (Also my personal annoyance that the minority of our state has it in a chokehold ruining our progress/reputation). Realistically if a civil war broke out, many Southern states would break apart bc their minority and urban populations don't really match the values of your stereotypical southern conservative (at least in terms of voting). Missouri would likely be spliced bc most ppl live in St. Louis or Kansas City and they're doing their best to be Chicago-lite. If anything Missouri loves being the odd head out, bc god do the rural and urban areas hate each other.

And what do you mean by actual Midwest? The arbitrary distinction is what's baffling to me when by all metrics we are, save for the fact we had colonists that wanted slaves as if that represents most of the population now? It reminds me of people that want to claim Illinois bc of Chicago when that doesn't make sense either.
    Last edited by Rozz; 2021-11-05 at 06:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rozz View Post
    It's not part of the South...it's a Midwestern State. https://www2.census.gov/geo/pdfs/map.../us_regdiv.pdf
    Also, I live here. Just because the rural sections of Midwestern states have a lot in common w/ the South doesn't make them so. And historically in what way? I've never heard anyone living here say we're a southern state lmfao

Did you mean that our gerrymandered state appears red, despite all major centers being blue? That doesn't negate its placement geographically, culturally, or agriculturally.
    Ignoring the fact they were part of the confederacy, they also act southern down there, and the climate is a lot warmer than it is in Nebraska, thus they can start planting crops a few weeks sooner. There were times we'd go down there, and it'd be 60 here and 80+ down there. They also talk with a southern accent, at least were my family is from, which is in the four state area. Then you have Branson, which is famous for being hillbilly country.

Hm...I tend to think "Cahokian" when I hear "Missouri."

5+ Year Old Account
    Ignoring the fact they were part of the confederacy, they also act southern down there, and the climate is a lot warmer than it is in Nebraska, thus they can start planting crops a few weeks sooner. There were times we'd go down there, and it'd be 60 here and 80+ down there. They also talk with a southern accent, at least were my family is from, which is in the four state area. Then you have Branson, which is famous for being hillbilly country.
    That really depends on where you go as I stated, bc in the heavily populated areas you see/hear a similar Midwestern attitude and drawl in our speech. When you leave them and get closer to Southern states) you'll see more Southern behaving and sympathizing people. Branson is literally right above Arkansas so of course you will, but pointing to the most southern edges of the state and saying "hey, they're all pretty southern!" isn't gonna be surprising.

That's also not that uncommon in other midwestern states. The edges closer to the south and their rural areas get more confederate-y and conservative. As for the climate, Missouri is kinda fucked all over so I can't even defend that. The south will be hot, the north will have insane snow storms/thunderstorms, the East will flood and get humid as hell, and the center is wrecked w/ tornadoes...

To use Illinois as a similar example on the other side: Illinois is sometimes memed as being too liberal/urban to be a part of the Midwest. But a lot of the state is just as Midwestern/staunch as the rest of us. You really feel the distinction when you meet actual East coasters or Southern people. They're loud to remind you the difference too.
    Last edited by Rozz; 2021-11-05 at 06:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rozz View Post
    That really depends on where you go as I stated, bc in the heavily populated areas you see/hear a similar Midwestern attitude and drawl in our speech. When you leave them and get closer to Southern states) you'll see more Southern behaving and sympathizing people. Branson is literally right above Arkansas so of course you will, but pointing to the most southern edges of the state and saying "hey, they're all pretty southern!" isn't gonna be surprising.

That's also not that uncommon in other midwestern states. The edges closer to the south and their rural areas get more confederate-y and conservative.
    So we are in agreement then that Missouri is a southern state? Just because it has two big cities, which are heavily liberal, as are most big cities, doesn't make it not a southern state. If that were the case, then every state in the south wouldn't be southern.

So we are in agreement then that Missouri is a southern state? Just because it has two big cities, which are heavily liberal, as are most big cities, doesn't make it not a southern state. If that were the case, then every state in the south wouldn't be southern.
    What makes it not a Southern State is the US Census stating it's a MidWestern State.

Rozz already linked a website with the Image...but here it is again:

5+ Year Old Account
    No because you can't point to the thinnest sliver of the bottom half of the state w/ a population that doesn't represent even a third it and go: "they're all southern"...

I'm sorry that most the state, the state's government, and the federal government don't agree w/ you and your family. Note that I'm not saying that Missouri isn't more conservative (even the liberal parts tbh), but it's not Southern. It has historical backing of Southern states, but that doesn't represent what the state is today.

I'm just pointing out we're clearly nothing like Texas, Louisiana, Georgia, or Alabama. If it was just on the metric you're using I'm sure they would've been quick to actually place us there. And I'll drop it here bc I'll never agree due to my own experiences living across the state and I don't want to derail.
    Last edited by Rozz; 2021-11-05 at 06:55 PM.

What makes it not a Southern State is the US Census stating it's a MidWestern State.

Rozz already linked a website with the Image...but here it is again:

I mean okay? I linked one that had Missouri in the south, because they were part of the confederacy, which is what most people use to determine whether or not a state is southern.

I mean okay? I linked one that had Missouri in the south, because they were part of the confederacy, which is what most people use to determine whether or not a state is southern.
    I would think that the US census is a more authoratative source than an un-sourced claim of what "most people" use.

And if the source you are using is the one you linked earlier:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dixie

Well, even that one is pretty soft on including MO as a "Southern State"

Dark red indicates the states almost always included in modern-day definitions of Dixie, red – often times included (see Southern United States for the U.S. Census definition), while light red – often included due to their historic connections to the South. Tan - Not considered Southern States but tied to them and/or have a significant minority of Southerners
    MO is in the light red...so, the best on offer there is "often"

And

As a definite geographic location within the United States, Dixie is usually defined as the eleven Southern states that seceded from the United States of America in late 1860 and early 1861 to form the new Confederate States of America, listed below in order of secession:

South Carolina
    Mississippi
    Florida
    Alabama
    Georgia
    Louisiana
    Texas
    Virginia
    Arkansas
    North Carolina
    Tennessee
    I don't see Missouri listed in there...do you?

5+ Year Old Account
    I would think that the US census is a more authoratative source than an un-sourced claim of what "most people" use.

And if the source you are using is the one you linked earlier:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dixie

Well, even that one is pretty soft on including MO as a "Southern State"

MO is in the light red...so, the best on offer there is "often"

And

I don't see Missouri listed in there...do you?
    It's not worth it, they just want to be right. Only ~1/3rd of the state's pop is rural, even less than that would identify/be culturally southern and none of that invalidates the reality of what makes these regional blocks in the first place. In relation to the thread topic Missouri wouldn't go "south" bc the south of then doesn't exist anymore and if they'd try to pull it everything would collapse. The states would fragment and the conservative parts would likely be harassed by outside forces while the liberal ones try their best to re-connect to the "north".

It'd be a huge mess for everyone involved with more internal "warfare" than state vs state battles. It'd be a disaster.
    Last edited by Rozz; 2021-11-05 at 07:19 PM.