Page 1 of 3
LastLast

9.2: Large or Small?

Do we think that 9.2 will be a sizable patch or do we think that it will be on the smaller side to speed along to 10.0?

9.2 better be the best closing chapter in a story in WoW history, and be the biggest patch in the games history. A mini expansion.

Otherwise, we’ll be seeing store mounts every month instead of every 3 months

I expect a raid to wrap up tha-nots infinity sigils buknum and some kind of retention trap daily area. Like say the rumour that it involves the borean tundra in some way goes down maybe that zone gets its own invaded vale/uldum type experience or molten front to keep people feeling they need to login and keep grinding some arbitrary thing. Then Sylvanas saves the day and becomes the new arbiter and they very hastily wrap up the story followed by 12-18 months before 10.0.

Not what i want but what i expect.

Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    9.2 better be the best closing chapter in a story in WoW history, and be the biggest patch in the games history. A mini expansion.

Otherwise, we’ll be seeing store mounts every month instead of every 3 months
    Get ready for the latter.

spoiler: its the same cheap shit as last 3 years.
    reason: they learn nothing.

I think everybody better start psyching themselves up for another WoD patch cycle. 9.2 is going to be Shadowlands Tanaan Jungle. Single raid to smash up the jailer, single zone to wrap up the mawsworn. then a patch 9.2.5 in 2022 that leads us into the next expansion, some cutscenes with Anduin (better make that 3) and a few UI features.

It needs to be a massive patch. Multiple new dungeons, a new raid, one or two massive new zones on top of a huge crescendo building campaign that leads up to the raid.

Better be fucking good after the trainwreck so far. But honestly im ready to be disappointed.
    Do you hear the voices too?

it will be just minimum effort because there are enough addicts that won't unsub ever

It will be a large sized patched, followed up by 9.3, also a large sized patch.

I know this goes against the usual rage on these forums, but I have generally enjoyed Shadowlands and I give credit to Blizzard for changing many of the horrible qol things they initially had in. Dont get me wrong, they could have done this sooner and should have listened from the start, I get that, but again I am enjoying the game.

To the OP, I think it will be the normal size they have been using for ever now. I really dont think there is as much wiggle room in terms of major changes as these large games are laid out in terms of years, not months.

Prolly gonna be big.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    If it's not at least as big as Patch 7.3: Shadows of Argus, I think people are going to be very, very disappointed. That came with a new zone, a new dungeon, quest chains and world quests, additional updated animations, a smattering of other updates, and a new raid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    Do we think that 9.2 will be a sizable patch or do we think that it will be on the smaller side to speed along to 10.0?
    If it is to speed along to 10.0, then it needs to be huge, as it would be a closing chapter.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Size will be based on whether or not they drop a 9.3. Regardless, it will be pretty much the same formula of an hr story broken down over 2 months and another 40 renown broken down at 2 a week, the Houses will form yet another faction you will barely be able to farm Rep for..

Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    If it's not at least as big as Patch 7.3: Shadows of Argus, I think people are going to be very, very disappointed. That came with a new zone, a new dungeon, quest chains and world quests, additional updated animations, a smattering of other updates, and a new raid.
    If it's gonna be that size then it's also going to last nearly 1 year from it's release.

My bet is on Nzoth kind of size. They can't really afford to wait 3+ more months and then drag it along for a year and release the next expansion in 2023.

There are some signs Zereth Mortis is another Island the Jailer pulled into the Maw so expect it to be atleast as big as 9.1

Quote Originally Posted by Hyrja View Post
    There are some signs Zereth Mortis is another Island the Jailer pulled into the Maw so expect it to be atleast as big as 9.1
    The location of the sepulcher which I think is going to be WoW Purgatory

If they added the covenant races in as allied races it would help them bridge the content gap to 9.3 or 10.0

Edit: Basically, "In Case of Emergency, Break Allied Race Glass"
    Last edited by Redwyrm; 2021-11-03 at 03:11 PM.

I expect a disappointment in the raid. It'll be like dragon soul where no new art is used, and simply recycled from previous content. a bunch of no-name bosses and then the jailer. shadowlands story concluded in the same cringey manner it started.