Thread: Loot Scarcity

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Seriously fck you all with this "40 man boss 2 loot"
    YES while it's true, you've had LOTS of other options, with not only "near same" ilvls, but in a LOT of cases less ilvl with better stats was only a few percent behind raid loot.
    Also a LOT more bosses to kill overall.

So week-by-week the gearing FELT good. Now it does not feel good.
    You can nitpick little details about it, this is what players feel and you can't change the "feeling" of the game by showing numbers..

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    You are one of the reasons, why Wow loot system has changed. You want upgrade from every single kill. It causes ilvl inflation and reward devaluation. Back in old times there were 13 gear pieces, only ONE update per every piece and you had to be busy getting them for whole 6 months of raid tier. If you want Diablo-like loot system - go play Diablo then.
    Depends on what "old times" is. Vanilla? Maaaaaaaaaybe depending on your spec, and it varied wildly by tier. Pretty much any other time in WoW's life? Not so much. It's less than a month and a half into P2 for TBC Classic and I'm only missing one item for my BiS for the tier and a lot of people in my raid are the same way. For the most part if something is BiS it's only really BiS for one or two people in a raid setting, or one spec. There are things like DST which are very much in demand for several specs for multiple tiers, but for the most part if something drops you pretty much instantly know who is getting it.

I wouldn't be surprised to see them change the loot system yet again with the next expansion because by far the biggest complaint I've seen in this expansion from people who have quit is that the loot changes in SL felt shitty. I'm not saying that it needs to, but I'm saying I wouldn't be surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by Orwell7 View Post
    YES while it's true, you've had LOTS of other options, with not only "near same" ilvls, but in a LOT of cases less ilvl with better stats was only a few percent behind raid loot.

You can nitpick little details about it, this is what players feel and you can't change the "feeling" of the game by showing numbers..
    It's not even that, it's that they went with "loot is loot" and less loot at the same time. If they did one or the other it would have felt okay, but doing both at once after an era of endless loot felt shitty. And the bug at the start where they then had to further reduce loot made it feel worse.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    You are one of the reasons, why Wow loot system has changed. You want upgrade from every single kill. It causes ilvl inflation and reward devaluation. Back in old times there were 13 gear pieces, only ONE update per every piece and you had to be busy getting them for whole 6 months of raid tier. If you want Diablo-like loot system - go play Diablo then.
    That’s exactly what I did and I’ve never been happier.

I can have my super powerful loot doing whatever I want whenever I want for the time I want and no one is complaining in forums because he/she has my same gear even if he/she does higher rifts than I do.

People in there have simply fun with the game without caring about what others are looting and how. Prestige comes with achievements, not with gear.
    Last edited by chiddie; 2021-11-05 at 10:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    That's what happens when you make your post vague.
    it wasnt vague. Gave specifics, started the raid tier at 200 ended with 207 after many many normal and heroic raid boss kills at least 8 per week. Ended with 207. Only way to get more specific is to give logs of gear that dropped.

Quote Originally Posted by Orwell7 View Post

"Players" don't feel like that. Only a fraction and that will never change no matter what you do.

Loot is not rare in Shadowlands.
    If you think otherwise, I don't know what you are doing in this game.

I'm getting shat on with items that are sidegrades.

Raid, M+, Legendaries, weekly chest etc. etc.
    And I'm a Mail-armor class, without any other mail-armor specs in my raid with the exception of 1 shaman in my raid group.

Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    This ties into all the posts of "i never got my domination socket gear" - new players dont seem to get how loot works in current wow.

You are NOT supposed to get all the loot you want playing SOLO. You get majority of your high-end upgrades by playing with OTHERS who will TRADE you the piece you want.
    I have a raid group. Im not pugging 8 kills a week with randos. Are you insane? I might as run my head in brick walls lol. Also I shouldnt have to beg my raid group to run plate or mail so I can get loot. Thats dumb. And to lock to other groups for gear defeats the social aspect of running with friends which is something blizz like to emphasize. If those players have been killing the bosses for that gear consistently then I would say its a problem. For instance the trinket from Hungerer, I have 28 kills on him from normal and heroic combined. Never had it drop for me once, or any other raid member.

You can sense the mega lie.

"After a raid tier of raiding Normal and Heroic".

And i got 2 alts to 220-225 in 3 weeks with barely playing them, each on their respective time, with like two half HC raids, not even all bosses, and the M+ weeklies, back in 9.1.

And my mage that hasnt even entered a proper raid this tier, just LFR and a couple M+15 with the guild for the weekly chest hit 230 this tier before i simply didnt care enough.

As others have said, despite the obvious lies, you guys literally need to start playing the game properly, its what i have seen saying 20000 times before.

Some of us take 20 hours to do what some of you do in 200 hours, yet somehow you are the ones doing it correctly and the game must cater to you.

Quote Originally Posted by kingj56 View Post
    I have a raid group. Im not pugging 8 kills a week with randos. Are you insane? I might as run my head in brick walls lol. Also I shouldnt have to beg my raid group to run plate or mail so I can get loot. Thats dumb. And to lock to other groups for gear defeats the social aspect of running with friends which is something blizz like to emphasize. If those players have been killing the bosses for that gear consistently then I would say its a problem. For instance the trinket from Hungerer, I have 28 kills on him from normal and heroic combined. Never had it drop for me once, or any other raid member.
    snip
    I didn't do any of that here is my gear progression

Week 1 - 180
    Week 2 - 186
    Week 3 - 191
    Week 4 - 207
    Week 5 - 212
    Week 6 - 214
    Week 8 - 219
    Week 9 - 219
    Week 10 - 219
    And then it went to 220 and 223 in the other 2 logs I still have.
    That's without mythic raiding and not clearing +15 on the first week(s)
    I could do the same for everyone in my raid and it would look similar.

Here is the gear process of the shaman, the only other player I share the same armor type with in Sanctum-Heroic.
    He does *1* Mythic+ per week, if he feels like it and stopped doing it a long time ago.

(Sanctum)
    Week 1 - 215
    Week 2 - 219
    Week 3 - 220
    Week 4 - 225
    Week 5 - only raided progress that week
    week 6 - 227
    week 7 - 230
    week 8 - 233
    week 9 - 235
    Week 10 - didn't raid
    Week 11 - 238
    onwards - 240 and stayed that way

Now please explain to me how it was so much better in the past expansions?
    WoD for example?
    I have Korthia, WQs, Covenant gear to level up any toon up quickly to *heroic* raid levels.
    I can craft a legendary and get a guaranteed upgrade pretty much every week from M+ if I want to if I were in the process of gearing up, because M+15 is super easy.

it wasnt vague. Gave specifics, started the raid tier at 200 ended with 207 after many many normal and heroic raid boss kills at least 8 per week. Ended with 207. Only way to get more specific is to give logs of gear that dropped.
    Yeah sorry not buying it especially since you said you did m+ this is just impossible even with the worst luck on earth.
    Unless a "raid tier" as time measurement means like 2 weeks for you.

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    I didn't do any of that here is my gear progression

Week 1 - 180
    Week 2 - 186
    Week 3 - 191
    Week 4 - 207
    Week 5 - 212
    Week 6 - 214
    Week 8 - 219
    Week 9 - 219
    Week 10 - 219
    And then it went to 220 and 223 in the other 2 logs I still have.
    That's without mythic raiding and not clearing +15 on the first week(s)
    I could do the same for everyone in my raid and it would look similar.

Here is the gear process of the shaman, the only other player I share the same armor type with in Sanctum-Heroic.
    He does *1* Mythic+ per week, if he feels like it and stopped doing it a long time ago.

(Sanctum)
    Week 1 - 215
    Week 2 - 219
    Week 3 - 220
    Week 4 - 225
    Week 5 - only raided progress that week
    week 6 - 227
    week 7 - 230
    week 8 - 233
    week 9 - 235
    Week 10 - didn't raid
    Week 11 - 238
    onwards - 240 and stayed that way

Now please explain to me how it was so much better in the past expansions?
    WoD for example?
    I have Korthia, WQs, Covenant gear to level up any toon up quickly to *heroic* raid levels.
    I can craft a legendary and get a guaranteed upgrade pretty much every week from M+ if I want to if I were in the process of gearing up, because M+15 is super easy.
    Good job. Again I wasnt talking about 9.1 which they could have changed the loot drops back to original. Which is why I asked was it the same. Good time sink however posting all this. Again Good work. If I had a cookie, id give it you and definitely wouldn't drop in a turd first.

- - - Updated - - -

Thats cool man i lived it. Weeks I got the same chest piece and neck and arm over and over. Another thing to my point. Why did I have to run so many M+ Why wasnt just raiding and downing bosses enough like it always was. Never did so many M+ before and I played BFA where your BIS came from M+ most times and I got mine thanks to the azerite tokens from gear you didnt want. Maybe shitty luck, its never been great but never this bad. I played all raid tier up until 5/31 the raid tier ended the nxt week i think.

Good job. Again I wasnt talking about 9.1 which they could have changed the loot drops back to original. Which is why I asked was it the same. Good time sink however posting all this. Again Good work. If I had a cookie, id give it you and definitely wouldn't drop in a turd first.

- - - Updated - - -

Thats cool man i lived it. Weeks I got the same chest piece and neck and arm over and over. Another thing to my point. Why did I have to run so many M+ Why wasnt just raiding and downing bosses enough like it always was. Never did so many M+ before and I played BFA where your BIS came from M+ most times and I got mine thanks to the azerite tokens from gear you didnt want. Maybe shitty luck, its never been great but never this bad. I played all raid tier up until 5/31 the raid tier ended the nxt week i think.
    So instead of accepting the truth about this non-issue, you are still going?
    I wonder who should eat that cookie, because you are just wasting forum space at this point.

At least I can actually provide correct information and data and not just "feels" that are ridden with half truths and bullshit, see your BFA comment for example. So now you got loot but it was bad luck and always the same pieces... how exactly is that different from BFA? Legion? WoD? Any expansion before?
    The situation got better, not worse, at least compared to the timeframe YOU are looking at.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2021-11-05 at 12:48 PM.

They did really drag out the gearing time in mythic+. I can't say I see the positives either but it feels like complaining about what color your drapes are while the house is on fire at the moment.

A problem but a minor one compared to the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    It's not even that, it's that they went with "loot is loot" and less loot at the same time. If they did one or the other it would have felt okay, but doing both at once after an era of endless loot felt shitty. And the bug at the start where they then had to further reduce loot made it feel worse.
    No. It's either both or neither. These aren't two independent events, they're linked. We had more loot because there were more possible outcomes. Reduce the outcomes, you need to reduce the drops to match.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    You don't loot your gear anymore silly, you go to the vault in oribos and take your pick from what's offered every reset.
    Do I hate it? Yes. Do I care? No. I quit that ratrace a long time ago.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    No. It's either both or neither. These aren't two independent events, they're linked. We had more loot because there were more possible outcomes. Reduce the outcomes, you need to reduce the drops to match.
    Just because Blizzard tells you something it doesn't mean that you have to accept it let alone preach it. The reason why it felt so shitty back in CN is because they did both at once. It felt okay in Normal / Heroic until they discovered a bug and nerfed it to where they intended it to be and it felt horrible by all accounts. Saying that it has to be the way they say it does is pretty silly considering how much negative feedback they got when doing it their way.

FWIW I think they should have left loot alone, but doing both changes at once was an awful decision.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

10+ Year Old Account
    After an entire raid tier of downing bosses normal and heroic and doing mythics. My gear only moved up 7 item levels.
    Stop being an entitled <censord>..

I have raided since TBC and not once, have I gone up by 7 iLevels in a single evening of raids.
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post

I have raided since TBC and not once, have I gone up by 7 iLevels in a single evening of raids.
    Mine has. Nothing like coming into raiding late in a tier and being dragged through farm content by your guild. That's technically a single evening of raids, and it was at least a +7 ilevel boost.

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    The loot system is fine as it is.
    Might be fine but it is also boring.

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post

No no u misunderstand. An entire raid tier as in, I raided from the start of the CN to the end of CN. Norm and Heroic. I only went up 7ilvls. 4 or 5 months of boss kills.

- - - Updated - - -

Again im saying from the start of CN to the end of CN. You know the time where they nerfed loot in Ulduar because...it was fun to do TW raids and get loot out of them. But it was to much fun cause loot was the new grind to replace azerite power.

No no u misunderstand. An entire raid tier as in, I raided from the start of the CN to the end of CN. Norm and Heroic. I only went up 7ilvls. 4 or 5 months of boss kills.

- - - Updated - - -

Again im saying from the start of CN to the end of CN. You know the time where they nerfed loot in Ulduar because...it was fun to do TW raids and get loot out of them. But it was to much fun cause loot was the new grind to replace azerite power.
    Can you link that character so we can see your log and item level history?

Not saying people don’t make things up but…