1. #1

    9.1.5 - Which Addon Broke Group Finder Auto-Create?

    To clarify, this is for those elite WQs with the little group finder button next to them in the quest list, where clicking it brings up the group finder. Before the patch, pressing Start Group just automatically made a group with the WQs' name and listed it for you. Since the patch it makes me manually select the zone and type the name in.

    Anyone know which addon is causing that?

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by Soeroah View Post
    To clarify, this is for those elite WQs with the little group finder button next to them in the quest list, where clicking it brings up the group finder. Before the patch, pressing Start Group just automatically made a group with the WQs' name and listed it for you. Since the patch it makes me manually select the zone and type the name in.

    Anyone know which addon is causing that?
    Noticed that as well. I was using WQL for those quests.But how others can tell which of yours addons is causing that? That would mean that everybody knows what addons you are using.

  3. #3
    Free Food!?!?! Tziva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Cretaceous Period
    Posts
    22,278
    I'm not sure this is caused by an addon. Much interaction with the group finder is protected and can't be affected by addons, but the group finder has also been acting weird in a lot of ways since the patch. Some things I'm sure are bugs (listings and signups being duplicated), some I'm not sure on (having to manually type in the name for WQ groups).
    Current Intermittent Availability - Please Contact Another Global

    for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

    TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

    | youtube | twitch | twitter |


  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    I'm not sure this is caused by an addon. Much interaction with the group finder is protected and can't be affected by addons, but the group finder has also been acting weird in a lot of ways since the patch. Some things I'm sure are bugs (listings and signups being duplicated), some I'm not sure on (having to manually type in the name for WQ groups).
    Waaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

  5. #5
    I've seen that too, duplicate groups after I apply, etc. Very difficult to tell what's intentional and what's a bug.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Soeroah View Post
    To clarify, this is for those elite WQs with the little group finder button next to them in the quest list, where clicking it brings up the group finder. Before the patch, pressing Start Group just automatically made a group with the WQs' name and listed it for you. Since the patch it makes me manually select the zone and type the name in.

    Anyone know which addon is causing that?
    Just tested. It's World Quest Tracker.

    The update for the addon today fixed it.

  7. #7
    I had this problem for a while and today after debugging a bit, found out that Altoholic is the culprit.
    I tried playing around with the options, but nothing close to a fix.
    Anyone else experiecing this issue?

  8. #8
    I have the same problem since 9.1.5. Not using World Quest Tracker or Altoholic.

    Annoying.

  9. #9
    It's Handy Notes. Only time I've ever had auto group issues it has been caused by that addon

  10. #10
    Actually i belive Blizz changed some LUA code like this:
    new functions with 9.1.5.

    C_LFGList.GetActivityFullName
    C_LFGList.GetActivityInfoTable
    C_LFGList.GetApplicantPvpRatingInfoForListing
    C_LFGList.GetKeystoneForActivity
    C_LFGList.GetLfgCategoryInfo
    C_LFGList.GetOwnedKeystoneActivityAndGroupAndLevel
    C_LFGList.GetPlaystyleString
    C_LFGList.IsPlayerAuthenticatedForLFG
    C_LFGList.SetEntryTitle
    C_LFGList.ValidateRequiredDungeonScore
    C_LFGList.ValidateRequiredPvpRatingForActivity

    and that broke it.Unfortunatly addons that i use werent fixed for this issue.Not sure why.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Radoznali View Post
    Actually i belive Blizz changed some LUA code like this:
    new functions with 9.1.5.

    C_LFGList.GetActivityFullName
    C_LFGList.GetActivityInfoTable
    C_LFGList.GetApplicantPvpRatingInfoForListing
    C_LFGList.GetKeystoneForActivity
    C_LFGList.GetLfgCategoryInfo
    C_LFGList.GetOwnedKeystoneActivityAndGroupAndLevel
    C_LFGList.GetPlaystyleString
    C_LFGList.IsPlayerAuthenticatedForLFG
    C_LFGList.SetEntryTitle
    C_LFGList.ValidateRequiredDungeonScore
    C_LFGList.ValidateRequiredPvpRatingForActivity

    and that broke it.Unfortunatly addons that i use werent fixed for this issue.Not sure why.
    wasn't lfg addon still working?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •