Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Mostly because I'm lazy what were the QoL changes added? My sub expired a few weeks before 9.1.5 as I'd finally hit my 350 mount goal. Probably going to be working from home again soon so I generally sit on WoW while I do that on alts.

Korthia is not much fun, but its much, much easier to grind now. Especially if they dont fix the rift farming method.

Lvling is still slow through I guess. Honestly im just more dreading farming Anima for another 3 covenants. You only get like 3k anima doing 1 hour grind in Korthia.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO
    NZXT H440 - Asus Z97 A Mobo - Corsair RM 850 - Intel I5 4590 CPU - Evo TX3 Cooler Master - Asus 970 Strix - 250GB SSD 850 Evo - Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD - Windows 10

Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    So if the game has been bad for 6 xpacs, so for longer period than you thought it was good, then why are you still around, reading and posting about it everyday? It's clearly not for you, do you enjoy complaining about it so much it has become your actual hobby?

This is so twisted man, maybe it's time to revaluate what you want to do with your life, surely there are better ways to spend your time than bitching about the game you 1. Think is bad. 2. Don't even play.

There are games I loved to play but changed in a way I don't enjoy anymore (hots, lol for example) and I completely moved on, don't visit their fan pages anymore and only read about them when I stumble upon them accidentally. I hope you too can eventually move on and stop being such a sour person. For your own sake.
    4.3, second halfs of WOD and Legion gave me some hope, that this game could be better. Otherwise I would have been unsubbed since 4.2. But now I don't play Wow. I've switched to D3 (because D2 is obsoleted and lacks even more features, than D3) and Steam games. But nobody can say, that one can't discuss football, because he don't play it.

Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    4.3, second halfs of WOD and Legion gave me some hope, that this game could be better. Otherwise I would have been unsubbed since 4.2. But now I don't play Wow. I've switched to D3 (because D2 is obsoleted and lacks even more features, than D3) and Steam games. But nobody can say, that one can't discuss football, because he don't play it.
    There is a difference between "discussing football" and complaining about it, claiming it's bad everyday, despite not playing it for years. This some toxic and unhealthy obsession.

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    If you didn’t like it before you quit you probably won’t like it now.
    The changes are nice. They’ve added some QoL improvements.
    If you’re geared to run layer 9 Torghast quickly then getting Renown is very quick and simple with good RNG.
    Once you hit Renown 80 you can freely swap Covenants with no cooldown.
    That said, the base game is the same and nothing has probably changed enough to where you’re suddenly going to 180 and enjoy it.
    Personally, I still enjoy playing and, while I don’t like all the systems in game, I like the main points of the game and have fun.
    Change covenant is account bind or i need renown 80 in every char? I will go back 1 week before mage tower release, so...
    Quote Originally Posted by Overlordd View Post
    This race is an abomination and atrocity. This race doesn't belong in World of Warcraft at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by mysticx View Post
    Got ganked by a Vulpera, huh?

But nobody can say, that one can't discuss football, because he don't play it.
    No, its more like those "good old NFL days" people who havent watched the NFL in the past 5+ years because of how bad the NFL is to them -- then proceed to follow every news source on the NFL and consistently post about the NFL is garbage even though they havent watched the product in years.

Quote Originally Posted by Musta View Post
    Hello everyone, I am an altaholic.

I quit right after renown 40 and never looked back cuz leveling was just terrible.
    I must ask you, its easier to level now, for real?
    Is Korthia really worth something now with all 9.1.5 changes?

Should i stay away? I kinda want to get renown 80 but the game was so horrible before 9.1.5

What you guys think? What can you guys tell me based on the tests?

thank you very much
    I just leveled someone and I can tell you bonus objectives from leveling are MUCH faster than they were and if you have the heirlooms you lose a lot less rested xp (which = faster leveling) I was dps so I'd queue for dungeons and do bonus objectives/elite quests while I waited. So I'd say yeah, its definitely faster. Plus my character was renown 62 when he hit cap so you also get oodles more renown while you level as well.

Quote Originally Posted by AstroPup View Post
    I just leveled someone and I can tell you bonus objectives from leveling are MUCH faster than they were and if you have the heirlooms you lose a lot less rested xp (which = faster leveling) I was dps so I'd queue for dungeons and do bonus objectives/elite quests while I waited. So I'd say yeah, its definitely faster. Plus my character was renown 62 when he hit cap so you also get oodles more renown while you level as well.
    thank you!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    I stumbled on this video and thought of this thread. I also forgot about the upcoming anniversary buff that will make those last couple allied races even more of a breeze!
    thank you too

Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    There is a difference between "discussing football" and complaining about it, claiming it's bad everyday, despite not playing it for years. This some toxic and unhealthy obsession.
    May be because it is? Of course I return from time to time to test things, when I feel, that some positive changes are made. "Don't play" is too strong statement. It's more like "no continuous sub" or "not consuming 100% of patch content". But when after reading patch notes it's obvious, that no necessary positive changes are made, so I definitely wouldn't enjoy game - then, I think, I have right to say, that game is still bad, even without even trying it.

May be because it is? Of course I return from time to time to test things, when I feel, that some positive changes are made. "Don't play" is too strong statement. It's more like "no continuous sub" or "not consuming 100% of patch content". But when after reading patch notes it's obvious, that no necessary positive changes are made, so I definitely wouldn't enjoy game - then, I think, I have right to say, that game is still bad, even without even trying it.
    You have the right to say anything you want, it just means your opinion is basically void of any relevance to any discussion whatsoever about the game.

It's like saying how you used to like soccer back in the day when money wasn't involved as heavily as it is right now, so you stopped watching it.
    And now you want to talk with others about who is a good team or a good player.

Hello everyone, I am an altaholic.

I quit right after renown 40 and never looked back cuz leveling was just terrible.
    I must ask you, its easier to level now, for real?
    Is Korthia really worth something now with all 9.1.5 changes?

Should i stay away? I kinda want to get renown 80 but the game was so horrible before 9.1.5

What you guys think? What can you guys tell me based on the tests?

thank you very much
    If the only reason you stopped was because of the "grind", then any time from now should be ok to get back in. HOWEVER, if you didnt like the "grind" is because you didnt enjoy the gameplay or the progression, or the systems, or something along those lines, then stay away - nothing has REALLY changed. If you can afford 1 month (either disposable income or gold) then absolutely go for it - fun is subjective, and its impossible for us to say what you will or wont enjoy.

The only thing I can say, is that although subjective as i said, if you didnt enjoy the core gameplay loop, that hasnt changed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alyssria View Post
    I'm the only guy that has a clue as to what's wrong with the game and how it can be fixed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu 2020 View Post
    Size doesn't matter
    Quote Originally Posted by Candy Cough View Post
    Wotlk was the peak and any brand rarely ever reach or suprass their peak.

Bloodsail Admiral
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    The only thing I can say, is that although subjective as i said, if you didnt enjoy the core gameplay loop, that hasnt changed.
    And nor have any of the specs, so if you had issues with the way your character(s) played, you'll still have issues. It's funny how Ghostcrawler used to talk about how they didn't want to change things too much during an expansion, because it tended to alienate players, but these days there's less change for most specs between expansions than there used to be between tiers and nowadays it's all little tweaks or over-buffing something to paper over the cracks so if your gameplay is busted that's it, come back in two years.

Quote Originally Posted by Caerrona View Post
    Don't level with torghast.
    If leveling a healer/tank go threads of fate > dungeon spam.
    If leveling a dps go main story > quest.
    ^ This is for efficiency, do what you want for fun ***

Korthia is like a milion times better. In 2-3 hours I was rep tier 4 12k research on the first day I was there on a new toon. The bonuses at tier 2/4 are nuts for research plus the boa rep increase.

Renown is a complete joke, went from 40-72 in 2 days with all conduits at 226. (the 226 conduits upgrades are fucking luanched at you from every direction in korthia now, was there for 30 mins today and got 5 of them.)
    how do you get so much renown in 2 days? I wanna do that.

You get a ton of renown leveling with threads. Remember you start at 40, and then every bonus area gives a renown, each zone has like 6 of them, and it's across 4 zones.

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    You get a ton of renown leveling with threads. Remember you start at 40, and then every bonus area gives a renown, each zone has like 6 of them, and it's across 4 zones.
    i need to get to 80 in one first

Surely you know the answer to that.

Shadowlands isn't for many alts. You will have to re-grind the renown, the conduits, the legendary, the ash, the gold for the legendary, the raid for the gems and for the upgrade currency, while being rejected by every pock up group cause you are behind the curve.

No, this game has been very clear over the last years that devs don't do alts (if they even play the game) and neither should you.

I have one of every class (more than but besides the point). I leveled about 5 or 6 in shadowlands. I play 2. That is generally how much my sanity can handle.

No, if you want alts, don't play WoW. It will destroy your soul.
    Last edited by Swnem; 2021-11-12 at 06:14 AM.

Yes, of course. I have alts at 80 in 9.1.5 after 2 weeks casually playing. You get to like 64 just leveling, then the covenant campaign gives another 10 or so.
    Last edited by Schizoide; 2021-11-12 at 03:49 PM.

Biggest grind is and likely still will be conduits. I don't know if that level of min maxing is important to you but that is the biggest hurdle.

226 conduits are again really quick. Past that it's a grind.

Decided to take a level 50 character that I leveled up in BfA during the early days of the pandemic and finally bring it into SL to test the new Threads of Fate leveling changes that came in patch 9.1.5.

- Bonus Objectives: I completed all 5 Ardenweald objectives in under 13 minutes; Maldraxxus in around 15 minutes and Bastion was about 20 minutes, but I did do a WQ in there on accident, thought it was the objective. I haven't done Revendreth yet.

- Torghast is nice for the daily and the renown level, but I wouldn't run it more than once a day. It was fun to do though, I've done it twice so far and cleared out each floor. Looks like rescuing souls and prisoners gives exp and opening chests does as well. The final boss gives a nice chunk of exp, but Torghast isn't worth doing more than once a day.

- Heirloom Gear was nice, the 60% slower use of rested exp is really nice. Enchanting what you can on your gear worked out really well too.

- Renown: I sent the level 40 renown item to my alt and am now over 60 and will most likely just need 12 levels of renown once my alt hits 60 and is done with revendreth. each bonus objective gives renown, except Wild Hunt offensive, which I think is bugged.

On another alt that needed conduits; I got lots from just running around Korthia. The drop rate on the Soultwining Crescent is really good and I got my conduits that i needed to 226 very quickly.

Overall, the changes are very nice. Please note; this is from someone who already has a main done with everything, so all the alt passives that help makes things easier are unlocked already.